It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about Jesus. (Help me, please.)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Thanks for the link to Cyberseer's post. wowowoweee.

I've been reading "other" places this evening and I'm pretty bushed (omg...was that a loaded pun or what?).

I will certainly continue with this thread. I love sharing what I know as, I understand it.

I'm thrilled that you approve of my rough-slyled way of understanding God and Jesus.
I was fearing I would come across as wayyy less than intelligible.

As I understand it, God does come to earth; in ancient times he "walked in the Garden of Eden and conversed with Adam". This event can be found in the OT (Old Testament: Genesis...verses?...which means I don't recall at the moment).

God was present on earth as He manifested Himself through His Son---Jesus also known as The Logos...the Word of God made manifest.

God is present now through His Word....which is Scripture and The Holy Spirit.

OK....God also manifests Himself in the present; Through all of His NATURAL creation...the physical realm of the heavens, stars, the earth, flowers, puppies, kittens....babies....and so forth.

God can be experienced through expressions of selfless Love.

It's my belief that man no longer communes face-to-face with God since before Adam fell. No mortal flesh can look upon the glory of God (His actual presence) and live....to tell the story *smile*. Even Moses wasn't allowed to see God's face when he was on Mt. Sinai receiving the Law ...only His back as He (El) passed in front of Moses. You can find this in the Old Testament Books.

Strong's Concordance will help you locate scripture and do cross referrencing.

Did the Jews during the time Of Jesus know who He was? Yes. At least the priesthood KNEW---and understood the prophetic portions of their scripture. The whole nation of Israel was awaiting their Messiah as predicted/prophesized through holy writ. Now, that does NOT mean the entire Jewish world knew this and condemned Jesus.....NO. Jesus was a Jew!....and followed Jewish law and customs (ie Old Testament/ First Covenant). His complaint against the Pharisees was the fact that they used Gods Law to beat down His people with unbearable ritualistic observances (that they themselves were hypocritical in doing). The priests insisted upon observance of the Law over the Spirit of the Law...making for much mean-spirited behaviours.

The Sanhedrin asked Jesus point blank "Are you the promised Messiah?".....His reply was...."...it is as you say. I am.....
Thereupon they tore their clothes and took Him/Jesus away on account of blasphemy...and to have him taken before Pilate for execution; since it was a high holy day and no good Jew could be involved in such acts that would defile them before sabbath.

Well, it's late and I want to check out cyberseers posts.
Later....

Peace.

<< 1  2   >>

join