It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

shoot out in space?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
For those who might want to see the explosion take place or want some solid info on the matter, HeavensAbove.com has a page dedicated to the satellite.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by smarteye
reply to post by Brother Stormhammer

Let's say that this whole thing is a cover to hide a new weapons technology, one which is space based. Earlier I linked a story to some Chinese anti-satelite weapon tech. I have always found it hard to believe that we haven't continued ahead with a "Star Wars" program. The idea that the shuttle is involved is speculative on my part. The space race has really taken off recently, so the Chinese show off their new gear we rush to one-up them. So we aim a missile at this satellite, but before impact we blast it with particle beams are something.

Particle beams? Powered by what? You really should look at the Shuttle's (or the ISS's) ability to generate power.

There's also a matter of practicality. You don't *need* expensive, power-hungry, complex systems like particle beams to kill missiles or satellites. The KISS principle applies here in spades. A thrown rock with a cheap but reliable guidance system is plenty to kill any satellite or missile warhead.

What makes you say that the space race has really taken off recently? I'll admit that seeing two shuttle launches in a calender quarter (which we might actually do for once) is a stunning thing given NASA's track record, but there isn't a 'space race' at the moment.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Brother Stormhammer

My man, if you use a little imagination you will realize that the possibilities are endless in this world. So the power capabilities in your mind are very limited. How about the cargo loads of the space shuttle over the past year? Can you imagine what might be assembled then? Technology and knowledge have and will continue to be hidden from you. While you might think it is 1987, I know we haven't a clue to the potential of science. Open your mind to the idea that there is more out there. I will admit it is more probable that a simple missile strike will take place, but either way you won't know. I will seek the truth, you can read the newspaper.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Shuttle's landed safely in Florida. Clear shot for the Navy.

OOPS... lousy weather in the South Pacific. Go figure.
As of this writing, USA 193 is over Africa and headed over SW Asia at night. (easy to spot) follow ground track here:

www.heavens-above.com...

Obviously I am on the USA East coast, but you may adjust this track to any coordinates that suit. Think of the possibilities...

Who's gonna shoot first kids?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join