It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

any ska fans here?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
the specials, less than jake, mustard plug and donkey punch! woot!

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Pick-it-up, Pick-it-up!

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
anyone listen to the aquabats?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It depends on what ska you're talking about. The only so called ska bands I could claim to be a fan of are:

Madness, Ian Dury and the Blockheads, The Jam and The Specials.

If you're talking about any bands today then no, they're a joke and not proper ska.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebeagle

the question is, who doesnt listin to the aquabats. they are the best

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterofpuppets

I dont. And I think ska sucks, a bunch of little kids skankin on the dance floor and when you go in to really *dance* they run off.

LIHC, bitches.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Mustard Plug was just in town two days ago at a local bar. I didn't go though because i don't like that kind of stuff.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51

I dont. And I think ska sucks, a bunch of little kids skankin on the dance floor and when you go in to really *dance* they run off.

LIHC, bitches.

Yeah same i was unfortunate enuff to see a couple of local ska bands here in Hong Kong the music was so gay i cant think of anyway to make fun of it, the kids who were TRYING to play thought they were really good it was just hilarious.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51

LIHC, bitches.

Yeah same i was unfortunate enuff to see a couple of local ska bands here in Hong Kong the music was so gay i cant think of anyway to make fun of it, the kids who were TRYING to play thought they were really good it was just hilarious.

Yeah, I love it when a ska queer gets caught up in a *real* pit and cant escape because he keeps getting beat down.

*Warning*

Ska kids shouldnt attend hardcore shows unless they are prepared for a good beating. None of that faggy skanking #.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Plus, most ska kids are like, 14.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
thats cool that you think that, im glad you do. stop trying to be e-tough if you dont like ska just say you dont...:shk: and how old are you? like 30?

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by masterofpuppets]

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

thats cool that you think that, im glad you do. stop trying to be e-tough if you dont like ska just say you dont...:shk:

Yeah, Im e-tough alright...[/sarcasm]

All Im stating is the truth, you little bitch.

Hardcore is the best scene out there, unlike the punk scene which is made up of mostly hypocritical little #s who arent even out of middle school.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

and how old are you? like 30?

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by masterofpuppets]

Close, but no, Im 18.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

thats cool that you think that, im glad you do. stop trying to be e-tough if you dont like ska just say you dont...:shk: and how old are you? like 30?

Nah, forget about it. Tetsu here is just the kind of people that don't get that if they don't like something, it doesn't necessarly mean it suck. I think they're called dumb asses.

"OOOOOh look at me! Ska isn't heavy enough for me, I'M SO TOUGH!!! I'M SO MEAN AND BAD!!!"

I bet you'd bring him in a real hardcore trash and you would lose sight of him after a minute, to only find him later squashed on the ground.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid

Nah, forget about it. Tetsu here is just the kind of people that don't get that if they don't like something, it doesn't necessarly mean it suck. I think they're called dumb asses.

"OOOOOh look at me! Ska isn't heavy enough for me, I'M SO TOUGH!!! I'M SO MEAN AND BAD!!!"

I bet you'd bring him in a real hardcore trash and you would lose sight of him after a minute, to only find him later squashed on the ground.

Ok there, m0rbid.

Youre the kind of guy who talks a lot of #, but can never back it up.

And what do you mean by a *real hardcore trash*?

Go to an Unearth show, or a Walls Of Jericho show, hell, even Madball (even though their crowds generally suck, seeing as they dont go to dance as much as they go to beat people up, which in my opinion, detracts from the scene and gives it the stereotype of "tough guy music").

Just expressing my views, too bad you take things so personally.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The hardcore scene is full of pussies that need at least 3 of their friends to fight one person. Hardcore kids think white t-shirts and ball chains make them cool. In actuality it makes them easy to spot in a crowd. Most hardcore kids will go to ska shows because it makes them feel big to beat up kids just tryin' to have a good time. I #ing hate hardcore kids and, at every punk show I go to I get in to at least one fight with 'em. The last show I was at, I pulled some dicks hoop outta his ear. He went down faster than an express elevator. It was pretty cool.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
PLUR!!!

lol homoz.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
The hardcore scene is full of pussies that need at least 3 of their friends to fight one person. Hardcore kids think white t-shirts and ball chains make them cool. In actuality it makes them easy to spot in a crowd. Most hardcore kids will go to ska shows because it makes them feel big to beat up kids just tryin' to have a good time. I #ing hate hardcore kids and, at every punk show I go to I get in to at least one fight with 'em. The last show I was at, I pulled some dicks hoop outta his ear. He went down faster than an express elevator. It was pretty cool.

I guess it depends on where youre from.

I agree with you though, Ive come into contact with plenty of H/C assholes, but the stereotype you put in doesnt apply around here (ball chains, white t's). As I said, at Madball shows, most of the kids there are looking for fights. But thats the NYC scene for ya.

Ive only been to one ska show, and only because my friends h/c band was playing there, too. When his band came on, all of the little punkers were just taking up room and hopping up and down. There was hardly room to dance, and I ended up hitting a few kids who immediately wanted to fight me. But thats what you get when you go to a h/c show, you cant blame a kid for wanting to dance.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Tetsuo

I'm just really pissed at people who generalised and say stuff like "Some-kind-of-music people are so this, some-kind-of-music people are so that..." Just SHUT THE # UP if you don't like it, #ERS! Everyone's entitled to their opinions and likes, get over it!

About backing up #... how the # am I suposed to know if all you say isN't just bull#? Maybe all you ever listenned in your life is country music?

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by m0rbid]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join