It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Blaine Discussion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well i saw a Criss Angel Discussion Thread, so i thought i would start one for David Blaine. He is more of a card magician, than what Criss Angel does. So i just wanted to know what the people think of his tricks, and his stunts. Skeptics and Believers step up, and show us your Opinions. Maybe some kind of alien Tech is involved.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by darcon]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Well,

My opinion is that they are both "entertainers." Both have absolutely no magical abilities to speak of. However, they are clever and its amusing to watch them fool people.

www.goodtricks.net...

Explains Blaines tricks....

I will admit that when I first saw these magicians I was just like the rest "wow, how'd he do that?"

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Are you suggesting David Blaine uses some type of paranormal super power on stage?

[edit on 2/15/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Nice post, i like the link you provided also.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Perhaps he does, perhaps is a good entertainer, Maybe he has paid of crowds, or Maybe there is something else behind it like maybe he has mastered some form of meditation. What do you Guys think?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
when he was doing his stunt in london (44 days without food?) some of the stuff what went on made me laugh,people throwing eggs at him like he was a circus act,people on tower bridge with 5 irons trying to hit his box,the look of fear from a egg smashing into his 'new' home,how i laughed,seriously i was in tears of laughter,then he goes back to america stands on a pole for 24 hours and people saying hes a hero

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I wonder why people were like that. Why do you think it is funny insulting someone like that who is trying to do his performance?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
not at all,but i think David Blaine misjudged how different audiences will have different reactions,he made his name in America, hardly nobody in England knew who he was,then suddenly hes stationed out in front of tower bridge for 1 and a half months,just like derek acorah a very good showman.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
wow, he must of misjudged it completely. Tough you are right, he is a good performer. Or a very advanced Spiritual person.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Does someone have the explanation of the levitations? and the pulling out teeth and spitting them back in. They seemed quite a bit more real. (I know, illusions)

I like Blaine better, because the people around him don't seem obviously staged as Chris's do.

[edit on 2/15/08 by FreeThinkerIdealist]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
....maybe he has mastered some form of meditation. What do you Guys think?

Thats what he wants people to think.

Its all a show, once you realize this, the rest is just trying to figure out how he did it.

He definitely is a clever man, I'll give him that much

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I also like Blaine better. Criss seems pompous and to full of himself on his show.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist
Does someone have the explanation of the levitations?

I had a magician for a friend once....

He ordered all of David Blaine's secrets on video.

He explained to me this....

The levitation stunt he does is a combination of lies and deceiving camera angles.

First:
He tells you in the beginning that there are no camera tricks. This is a setup, to get you in the mindset that there can't be a camera trick explanation for his illusions.

How he does it:
First he films when there is no one around. There is a device he wears that wraps around his waste and attaches to the ground outside the view of the camera. This is made of metal, a long flat piece of steel, that when there is a weight at the other end, all it takes is a subtle push of your toes to make the leverage point change, thus making him rise.

He films the fake first, then films the reactions he gets when doing the Balducci levitation.

In the video you see him preform both tricks, but when edited, he splices the shot of the faked levitation with the steel support, in with the shot of him doing the Balducci levitation and the crowds reaction to it.

So it seems like he is showing the crowd himself like 2 feet off the ground with air in between his feet and the ground. When he is only doing the Balducci levitation and actually is only a few inches off the ground.

When done right the Balducci levitation is very deceiving and I'm sure Blaine could get some pretty excited reactions to it.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
NON the less if that is true, he still is a good entertainer.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hi there

Well im a Magician myself, and I mainly do card magic like David Blaine,

But I prefer the sort of magic that Chris Angel does that is the type of magic I like doing most of all.

Any comments welcome.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hi there someone said how he does he's levitaion, but they arnt quite true, I know the real way that he does it but I cant say because id be breaking the Magicans code sorry.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Ya like standing on water, levitating to a certain degree. You can do it, just believe.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
LOL,

You just don't want to say that what I wrote was true!

LOL,

Nice try!

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Some of his tricks have already been explained on television. It is possible that there are some performers out there combining slight of hand and tricks with actual paranormal gifts to confuse people. I do not feel that he is one of them however.. several of the tricks he does have been explained, if there is a question of a magician doing actual magic.. blaine is not one I consider a possible candidate.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
HMM,

I hope you aren't referring to Chris Angel as using paranormal powers.

He is an entertainer, thats it.

There isn't a mixture of "real" and fake magic involved. Thats the whole goal of the show, to make you think he does have freaky abilities.

He is a very smart man using his clever mind to fool people.

Same goes for any entertainer that seems to have paranormal powers.

If they had paranormal powers they would show you how a trick could be done without them, then use their "powers" to show you that they are for real.

Its all a combination of slight of hand, stage hands, camera tricks and angles, and devices used to make the illusion come together, to pull of any trick in the book.

Thats it!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join