It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Gun Control is the Only Answer"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Another wacko in Florida just shot up a Wendy's before offing himself.

It's time for people to protect themselves, if one or two people in that Wendy's had a gun and knew how to use it they could have prevented the situation.

Wendy's Shooting in Florida

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Florida does have CCW.

People just need to keep their eyes open and see who is coming in a building.

I keep my "head on the swivel" when out in public. It's difficult to do but you must pay attention.

Roper

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Tomorrow is the big day! The Supreme Court is sheduled to hear the Washington DC handgun ban.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
You can hear the whole case before the Supreme Court (DC vs. Heller 03/18/08) at www.downrange.tv, There is a link on their home page that reads DC vs Heller Articles & Commentaries. Just below that it reads in bold red print THE ORAL ARGUMENTS it's in four parts. Just click on the link and you can download the audio "free".

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I posted this in another gun thread, but it is appropriate for this one as well.

Read this CNN article about an incident that happened in California - where it is basically impossible to get a CCW permit.

CNN Article

WEST COVINA, California (AP) -- A woman was asking a 911 dispatcher for help when her pleas were interrupted by gunshots, then silence. She was shot to death.

The woman told the dispatcher someone was trying to break into her home in upscale West Covina, Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Dan Rosenberg said.

"Deputies heard gunshots followed by silence and an open phone line," he said.

Deputies arrived at the house, 20 miles east of Los Angeles, a few minutes after Wednesday's late morning call.

The woman, whose name was not released by police, had been shot several times. Paramedics pronounced her dead at the scene.

"At this point we believe it was a burglary gone awry," Rosenberg said.

Those of us law abiding citizens that have taken the steps necessary to legally own firearms have done it simply to keep from being victims like the woman in this tragic incident. Who can really fault us for that?

And to those who would say we can and need to rely on the police for protection instead of relying on ourselves should finally be able to see from this poor woman's experience that the fact is that police can not protect you, they can only investigate crimes that have already happened.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Would someone about to go on a killing spree care if his gun was registered or not if he did not intend to come out of it alive. And will a normal guy who never had any criminal record tried to find a gun on the black market would he know how to find it. If someone just got so pi$$ed they wanted to kill someone I don't think it would be as easy if he could not just go and buy a gun. Maybe he just needed a 'cooling off preiod'.

This reminds me of Terminator 1 when he gets his guns.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join