It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats happened to my country???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
About 65 to 70% are non religious..... I would say thats more like 85 to 90% among the younger generation.

www.vexen.co.uk...

However I'm not religious and I dont need religion to tell me whats right and wrong either, I think its more down to the things we eat, see and hear (our environment) which is dictated to us.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by II HAL II]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I must agree.....

I have been here for 5 years (coming from South Africa) and it is getting bad.

When I say bad I mean...the welfare state is just that they feel that every aspect of your personal welfare needs to be monitored and infringed on. The social structure is failing because of the immigration (even tho I am an immigrant) But i contribute a great deal (not just tax) I do expect a certain respect back - but no!!!

I was just metioning this last nite - a passive/aggressive revolt is required as this is a 1st world country that requires 1st world ideals and we are getting jack s..t back.

Val

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Valorian

Good points...

Skilled workers like yourself are needed here without question, it's the freeloaders that dont help. That brings up another point.... because people here are too lazy to get qualified or go into professions like doctors, surveyors etc. we have to bring people in from other countries otherwise we would be in a bigger hole than we are...... so thanks

news.bbc.co.uk...

My offcie is a perfect example at least 50% are from Aus, SA, NZ etc etc.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by II HAL II]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Just a semi gut feeling but mainly an opinion in the form of a question.

US secular?
Perhaps, but only recently have people started with their anti Christian, anti Jewish sentiments in their attempt get rid of God from everything like schools, books, movies Christmas. They (secularists, atheists) do so only because they claim they are offended by God for whatever reason.

Whether you believe in (A) God or not, what would be so wrong with deciding to live by the Golden Rule?

If you don't "do onto others" then you/we will only reap what you/we sow. But apparently now, because of PC libs, common sense has become an oxymoron.

My point is, whatever is happening in the UK and US did not happen overnight, it has trickled down over the last several years or last few generations because God keeps getting trickled out of our lives.
The result being, one decadent society begets another.
Keep an eye on your neighbor, France. Sarkozy appears to bring God back into the picture. Let's see what happens.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Immigration isn't the issue here.
Immigration is a necessary requirement for any healthy society otherwise they stagnate.
Immigration offers fresh ideas and viewpoints.
Britain has a long and proud history of welcoming immigrants and refugees.
Long may it continue.

The failure of immigrants to integrate may be contributing.
However, I feel that it is the effects of the PC brigade and the policies they have driven through over the past 10 -20 years which are the biggest single contributory factor.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This is so sad. I feel your pain. It's heartbreaking to see the great British empire brought to this ruin. Unfortunately my country, the USA, is in a race to slide into the toilet first. I am convinced that it is completely by design. In europe the importation of a hostile fundamentalist muslim minority was done purposely to help destroy your great country. The same is happening here in the US via unrestrained immigration from third world countries and unrestrained free trade with fascist slave labor states like China. There is a plan at work and it does not involve any benefit for the people of Great Britain or the rest of western civilization.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I somehow knew, many years ago, that I would be someday forced to say this...

All those years ago I was up late one night and still had the tv on. I wasn't particularly watching it, but something DID catch my eye. It was an NRA (National Rifle Association) advertisement, and it was shocking.

It focused on the disarmament of the citizenry in both the UK, as well as AUS.

I knew, even then, that there was ugly business afoot. When you disarm the populous, the door is open for tyranny to reign. Kiss the whole notion of revolt goodbye.

I read it here on ATS: "Orwell was a prophet".

Brothers and sisters, I fear that poster may be on to something.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I too could rant for hours about what's wong with this country and whose responsible, but what's the point.

Problem = New Labour, Solution = revolution

The problem has nothing to do with religion. Our corrupt goverrnment is soley responsible for the state this country is in now. Call it a conspiracy, but from day one New Labour have deliberately set about destroying everything that was once good about this country and it's probably all to do with our assimilation into an EU superstate.

Resistance is futile, we will be assimilated.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This thread was originally made in February .... now its July and the things that have happened in between seem to confirm that my country (UK) as well as others are in a whole load of trouble. Just look at the recent stories in the news about gun and knife crime, let alone fuel, food and general living expenses.... it's time people, its time.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Though I do not support the BNP I did find this article extremely enlightening. The points made can be verified.

www.bnp.org.uk...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Immigration isn't the issue here.
Immigration is a necessary requirement for any healthy society otherwise they stagnate.
Immigration offers fresh ideas and viewpoints.
Britain has a long and proud history of welcoming immigrants and refugees.
Long may it continue.

The failure of immigrants to integrate may be contributing.
However, I feel that it is the effects of the PC brigade and the policies they have driven through over the past 10 -20 years which are the biggest single contributory factor.

I agree, it's not the fact that immigrants come to the UK that's really the problem, for example I live in London, and I LOVE living in a multicultral society, meeting all kinds of people, and women from all over the world

The problem is how some of them integrate to life here. Some seperate themselves from others, and only live in certain areas, causing crimes etc, but like I said in another thread, I think as time goes by that will be something from the past, as their children grow up, and then their children. When there are changes, there are always problems, within time, problems will fade, to be replaced by different problems lol.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I am not from the UK and this is just my opinion. I feel that what the UK lacks is a second amendment, the right to bear arms. The criminals have them but you law abiding citizens aren't permitted. Maybe if you had a second amendment maybe your government, and criminals, would think twice as hard before walking all over you.

Other than that all I can say is that you all need to stand up and let your government know that enough is enough. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I am not from the UK and this is just my opinion. I feel that what the UK lacks is a second amendment, the right to bear arms. The criminals have them but you law abiding citizens aren't permitted. Maybe if you had a second amendment maybe your government, and criminals, would think twice as hard before walking all over you.

Other than that all I can say is that you all need to stand up and let your government know that enough is enough. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join