It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it another face OR is it a natural land formation on Mars?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
looks like a cat litter tray..not a face

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I can usually see what folks imagine to be faces but I'm completely confused here. Not only don't I see any face, I can't even really get past to seeing any sort of recognizable feature.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Well, as it has been mentioned, it is human to "see" faces in the weirdest places. However, i feel, and this is only my opinion, in this case if we have to try to see a face and really force our eyes to see a face there really isn't a "face" for use to see just indentations in the ground which, with a few drawn lines, will show us a, distorted, face.

If it was face left to be seen it would be seen relatively easily without tilting the picture or your head - ok i know the orientation of the photograph affects this - but again, if we take a picture of someone, no matter how bad the quality, a face is easily discernible without any contorting acts.

I don't think there is really anything there except ridges in the ground. Just MHO and not a knock.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Havalon

That is exactly what I see Havalon!
Thanks for the outline, Good to hear from ya!

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

IMHO, some recognize it immediately, as Havalon and me; some other don't see it at all. And is not a matter of having a trained eye, nor to be skeptic/believer etcetera. Nohup covered very well this facet.
For this reason i prefer the geometrical shaped objects on mars: facing a triangle, one cannot say that he sees nothing there: a triangle is a triangle

spikedmilk, keep on doing the work

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havalon
Thought I'd try to see what you are seeing!
Then I turned it, as requested, and lo! & behold! It this what you see??

Hey Spiked! Glad you're sleuthing around Hale! Yeah, Havalon's done a pretty good job here!

Does look like a face. But I wish we had some more angles here. I'm sure our whizkid internos can sleuth around for more pics of the area.

Keep lookin'! The truth is out there - in Cydonia and Hale!

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
****Mars/ Earth Connection?? ****

Its been sometime since I've had anything of relevance to post in this particular thread and I think this is worth it...

Only recently did I go back to start reading about pyramids, egyptian history, and archaelogical artifacts. But yesterday was the first time I actually started really reading about stargates (ie Undo's thread here @ ATS) I knew of them , but not the history involved. So I started with one of her ebooks and on one the pages is a sketch of a statue that was excavated from the city of UR (dated 4000 BC)

If someone were to ask me.... I'd say theres a very close resembelance between the the statue found here on Earth and what the MOC image is showing on Mars. Including the slanted eyes

Could this be a Mars/Earth connection?

www.thelivingmoon.com...

oi.uchicago.edu...

www.msss.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
There is no mistake that there are obvious details of a face there. In fact I'd say there might be a connection between this and this egyptian statue found on this thread :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Very nice!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I was confused by the thread title. I guess by saying "is it another face or a natural land formation" your saying that the first one is without question a face? Most people are of the opinion (the correct one too) that the first "face" you must be talking about is also nothing but a land formation viewed by a bunch of wannabe UFO'ers with hyperactive imaginations and too much "faith" rather than "reason" in the subject.

I believe it is called Pareidolia

I question the sanity of people who honestly think they are seeing things in every moon rock, mars rock, and scooby doo in every cloud. Its an insult to our collective intelligence, and again, another good reason we have to suffer under the stereotype that we do.

Is it not about time we put away this silly idea and do what we can to present ourselves as competent folks that can use reason, logic and common sense rather than ignorant sensationalism and.....never mind. Waste of my time.......

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
True the face from cydonia is questionable as to what it is (natural or artificial) and yes many have already made up their minds on it. The real truth is - we dont really know. WE, you and I dont know - for all we know... unless you know something that you're not sharing...kidding.

But if you ask me about my opinion on this particular one. I think its painstakingly clear. It definitley shows all the characteristic's and features that you and I would see on a human-type face. That being the eyes/sockets, nose and mouth. Not too mention the slope of the forehead, chin, neck and the rest of contours you can see in the somewhat grainy though identifiable picture. More opinion you ask..lol, its better than the image in Cydonia. But you'll never hear about it probably. Our culture is too busy wrapped up in the affairs of celebutantes and their party habits.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join