It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it another face OR is it a natural land formation on Mars?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Searching the MOC images, I've come across an image that looks like it could either be a face OR could it be a landform windblown so drastically, that it looks like a face located in the West Hale Crater. Plus I think I've found what might've have been pyramids at one time. However if they were, they are covered by terrain now and/or degraded. Kinda hard to tell, but I've provided some pics to illustrate how I've come to those conclusions by way of fancy little lines as you can see below.

Folks, I realize not everyone will agree with one another or myself as to what we are seeing here, thats fine and all. But lets keep the overt negativity to ourselves please and just carry a discussion rather than a bash session. If its not for you - then please move on, but thanks for stopping in anyways. Much appreciated, enjoy.

spikeD.

The 'face' photo cropped and 'untouched'

The 'face' with notes and a comparison....

The 'face' and pyramids in the same shot....

Thank you Internos! for the enhancement...

Pyramids?... brightness/tone adjustment on bottom with illustration...

www.msss.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

Were there supposed to be links there? I only see one - to the Malin Systems's image, which looks completely ordinary to me.

Remember to show that there is a real anomaly here, you've got to show that alternative explanations are ruled out. And lots of jiggery-pokery with an image processing program proves nothing unless you can specifically justify it.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I can't tell. See if you can draw a outline around it.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by disownedsky

The only link I had was the source link itself to the original image, well actually that to the data for the image...

As far as the 'jiggery-pokery' (not being rude...) I was trying to convey with the lines that to me, it would appear that the terrain has elevation or is graded. Actually sloped would better describe what I'm seeing and how I came to the conclusion that there might have been a pyramid shape present under the terrain.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by spikedmilk]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I don't see anything here. It just looks like a depression in the ground; the image is really too blurry to tell anything.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Now I see it. I had to turn my head to the side to see it. Turn the picture 90 degree. Then everyone will see the face.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Faces are among the most common things seen in jumbled, random images because we have a built-in predisposition for finding and identifying faces, since it is so important to our survival as infants and for mating. That doesn't mean they're really there.

It might also be worth considering the number of faces purposely created on Earth that are intended to be seen from a great height. There are very few. Most statues, carvings, etc., such as Mount Rushmore, are created to be seen and appreciated from ground level, not from airplanes, or orbit.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Unfortunately, I think this may be a bit of a stretch. I am having a hard time discerning any facial features. The pyramid shapes are a maybe...

$0.02 IMHO

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Thanks Ken, I was just about to ask yaa....so perhaps I should mention for all future purposes. Unfortunately, the image cuts off at the bottom of the strip and that is where (if you see it) the face is located.

spikeD.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
When SpikedMilk showed me the picture, i've been able to see the face without outlines: he just told me that it was in the lower part of the msss moc image, and i've spotted it.

The whole area seems to be covered by the sand, and this makes it harder to recognize other shapes.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Lay your head on your left shouder and you might probably can see the face. I can see the face more easily. When I do that.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I can make myself see the face, but that is a big stretch. There are far more things that people say are natural that look far closer to a face. I personally have to chalk this one up to the 'cloud' theory until a better picture comes along to evaluate.

The pyramids, I will give you. It doesn't have to be pyramids, but it seems plausible with the way the lighting and straight lines are presented.

Keep looking though
That is all any of us can do while we are still stuck on this planet.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The fourth picture down. Look like a person in standing in front of the face. I ment third picture down.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by kennethmd]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I live in Utah, so my imagination goggles are broken. I see rocks doing weird things everyday.

Pretty pictures though. Nice and...er...grainy.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Now that is just utterly rubbish. How silly is trying to see faces in the mountains? Hey, that's a goddamn sheep in the clouds! The sheep are upon us! Fear 2012! Sheep will rise!

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennethmd
The fourth picture down. Look like a person in standing in front of the face. I ment third picture down.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by kennethmd]

Hey there again Ken, when ya get a chance,could ya highlight where you see this guy? Thanks

spikeD.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I have a hard time uploading image. What you are looking for, is at the bottem middle of the image.

[edit on 17-2-2008 by kennethmd]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Sorry Ken, I'm still not seeing it. I been looking and looking...but I need a help on this one...

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The image is umistakenly there. The only question is if it is man made(or is that Martian Made?) or the results of natural erosion on the Red Planet. Although it may be the former, I tend to think that it may have been formed as a result of natural erosion, as all planets experience that, just like Earth. Thanks for having posted the pictures of it.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

Hi Spike,
Thought I'd try to see what you are seeing!
Then I turned it, as requested, and lo! & behold! It this what you see??

Nice one son!
H

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join