It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids my age..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I turned 16 in December, but I've been interested in politics since October of last year.
Ever since I started reading up on ATS about the government and such, it's made me want to tell people my age about it and get them more interested in what's currently going on out and inside the US.

Well, every time I bring up things such as the IRS being a fraud or political wrongs (Ron Paul media blackout) they always say things such as "I don't care."
Or "It doesn't matter.", and some even tell me to shut up or they call me a nerd.

I mean it makes me think they all know that mommy and daddy are going to fix the world or something, and they don't have to do a thing.
--
Any input on this...? I've been wanting to get this off my chest for a while, then I noticed the rant forum..

-Will

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
hah, get ready for a lifetime full of it! The sad reality is that most people don't care, and most people will call you a nerd for caring.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Why care??
that's what people say. Even in my generation, it's the same. (im 24)
the mindset is that no matter what, even if we do vote or care, that our vote doesn't count in the end result.
Since Bush has been President, I have been trying myself to pay attention, to vote this year. he #ed things all up in my oppinion.
Better luck to you man, i hope you can get the word out there.
We'd have a better country if people cared more.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
You see this more and more with people in general. I always hear people say that you're supposed to stay away from discussing subjects such as Politics and religion because it always starts an argument.

I always think that maybe people should be less ego orientated and learn to discuss their opinions on those subjects without degrading the opinions of others. But people are too set in their ways to do that. Then of course there are people who are too wrapped up in materialism and their social life to care about politics and how it affects them.

It's not just your age, it's society in general.

top topics

join