It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a strange story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
A friend of mines baby has spinal meningitis ( I hope thats how its spelled) and it reminded me of something that happened to me.

About 18 years ago I came down with a very bad case spinal meningitis and for days went in and out of conscinousness.Toward the end a friend came to me and ask me to go with him, I told him no that I was too sick to leave the hospital with him but he kept insisting till I told him to leave me the # alone I was not going anywhere. He then shrugged his shoulders and left a little later my fever broke and I got to feeling better. My wife told me later that the doctor had told her If I lived through the night it would be a miracle. I found out that I thought I had been there 4 days but had been in the hospital for 2 weeks.

Oh by the way my friend had been dead for about 10 years. I held his head and watched him die.

What do you think that was about? Was I just dreaming or did my friend come to return the favor?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
wow interesting story!!

Sounds like it could of been him coming back to help you.
which ever its nice to think that.....you may never know..

Also i wish your friends baby well...ill say a little prayer for the baby,
How is the baby doing?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

How is the baby doing?

I will find out tommorow. My heart goes out him it is probibly one of the most painful ways to die

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Amuk,

you friend came to you to ask if you wanted to end this lifetime. You chose to stay. I assume you had things you still wanted to do. How do you see life since that fateful event? Did it change you attitude or outlook in anyway?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Did it change you attitude or outlook in anyway?

I wished I could say it did but......no. By the time I was 22 I had waded through enough blood, death and pain to last me a thousand lifetimes I already knew just how special and frail life is. But I did have things I wanted to do like raise my family and I have never regretted being alive. I am not afraid of death nor am I afraid of life.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I am sorry to hear about your friend's baby and pray he gets better. It is a good thing you decided not to follow your dead friend.

[Edited on 2-16-2004 by groingrinder]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It could have been fever-induced, but I don't discount the fact that it could have been your friend "from the other side." Just be there for your friend. Like I needed to say that. Wish them luck.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I want to think everyone for there wishes to a man and child that till today none of you have ever heard of, I will forward them to him.

Intrepid I have no idea if it was real or the fever, my wife said that for two days they had to strap me to the bed because of my nightmares form what little I remember they were flashbacks of some really bad stuff, one was a dream that I still have today and if I can get up the courage I will post it in the dream section, I have never told it to any one in over 25 years, not even my wife.

I was trapped in this nightmare and like I said it may have just been fever but a small part of me thinks that he came back to sit with me and try to ease my suffering and my fear of the big dark like I did his when we were both trapped in a nightmare so many years ago.

I have to go I cant speak on this anymore tonight

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
i'm glad you turned out alright

my prayers and best wishes to the child and the family.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It looks as of your friend may have been acting as a 'Fetch'. I hear that this happens often when near death.

I pray that the baby makes a good recovery.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

It looks as of your friend may have been acting as a 'Fetch'.

Can you explain? I have never heard of this.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
A fetch is believed to be the ghost or spirit of a dead relative or friend. They appear usually when someone is near to death to guide their spirit to the 'other world'.

Apparently my uncle, who is a spiritualist, saw the fetch of my grandfather when my grandmother died in 1992. There are quite a few other stories of such entities.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
A fetch is believed to be the ghost or spirit of a dead relative or friend. They appear usually when someone is near to death to guide their spirit to the 'other world'.

Apparently my uncle, who is a spiritualist, saw the fetch of my grandfather when my grandmother died in 1992. There are quite a few other stories of such entities.

My mother had a dream her dead dad came to her in a dream with a huge smile on his face... Later that day, my grandma died and my mom got a phone call from my uncle saying that she passed but my mom didn't fear because of my grandpa coming to her in her dream....

There is definitely an after life.... And I think it's pretty damn peaceful compared to this dimension...

new topics

top topics

join