It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager Writes Book on ADHD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

You must know that Blake Taylor can sit still. Perhaps that's why they doubted his condition, chalked it up to unruly behavior, loose parenting. Among the doubters was his first-grade teacher, who punished him, made him clean stale urine from the toilet seat, walls and hand railings of his school bathroom...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source: S.F.Chronicle

Blake Taylor,who suffers from ADHD, has written a book entitled "ADHD and Me: What I Learned From Lighting Fires at the Dinner Table." According to the article, "I wrote this because growing up I always wished for someone my age to help me."

I have a brother who has ADHD. It was rarely diagnosed at the time he was growing up and, like Blake, he was considered a discipline problem and was often punished for his hyperactivity at school. He failed a grade because he had trouble concentrating, and suffered the stigma of failure. His school experiences continue to affect him well into adulthood.

I hope Blake's book will help other children suffering from ADHD and enlighten the adults in their environment.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by Sestias]

[edit on 15-2-2008 by Sestias]

new topics

join