It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ill tolerent Muslims throw another temper tantrum !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Ill tolerent Muslims throw another temper tantrum !

news.yahoo.com

COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - Danish Muslim preachers sought to soothe Muslim anger on Friday after newspapers reprinted a drawing of the Prophet Mohammad which caused outrage in Islamic countries two years ago.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-2-2008 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Here we go again !! cry-baby Muslims whining again about a pic of their so called Prophet Mohammad. When will these whiny children grow up !! You would think they have better things to focus their attention on.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
OK, first, you misspelled your subject line. Second, how can this be an overreaction? The newspaper had no good reason to reprint the cartoon. This is *not* about the cartoon, it's about the deliberate provocation it represents. How would Americans react if Jesus was lampooned in the New York Times? Not too well, I don't think.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by chromatico]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Um, the title in the Yahoo News piece is, "Danish imams urge calm as cartoon protests mount". The thread title chosen for this ATS News thread could use some technical and ethical assitance IMHO. It just comes off a trifle biased as a news items from having read the news article.

Vic

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
No!, Stop!, Do not print image of Mohammed!

he's so ugly all the mirrors will break!

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PureET

Haha very funny.

Wow that was amazing what you did there!!

(sarcasm)

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Here we go another thread to Bash Islam.

Blatant provocation from Danes again. Whats the freekin point?? Wow lets get the Muslims angry again and watch them react.Won't be funny if it turns into a ‘bloody’ situation,especially for the danes living in Muslim countries.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpha Grey

They are not being babies at all. You just made yourself look like a completely intolerant Christian (I assume) who doesn't give a # about anyone but yourself.

Maybe I'll start parading around with Yeshua caricature t-shirts to see how many Christians I piss off.

Then all the Christians will be intolerant cry babies...Yeah.

Your viewpoint is very skewed and you need a change in attitude.

The only one complaining here seems to be you.

link   
That's ok, they will probably just rape some lady then punish her for getting raped, then they will slaughter some innocent folks and blame it all on oil and the usa. What else is new...

link   
This constant attack by the media and journalists on Religions and People of Faith is getting out of control. It has no news value whatsoever. It's as if the media is being taken over by children.

The public reaction is interesting as well. They don't seem to be able to distinguish between Muslims and Terrorists and they are like a bunch of kids cheering on a Bully while he pounds on some poor unpopular kid.

Those responsible should be fired and never work again. Those who run things are just as infantile so I suspect they will throw a party instead.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
there is and always has been intolerance throughout the human kingdom regardless of specific religion,colour and creed.

muslims are no more or less intolerant than catholics,christians,capitalists communists you name it,its just fashionable in the media to focus upon muslims as being intolerant at the moment as its sells well.

if we were all honest each of us has alot of prejudices and intolerance,just think about it,judge not lest yea be judged!.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Creating a reason to spray them down with bullits?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Just to pre-empt any further claims that Muslim leaders aren't doing anything about the situation in the world as it is, I bring you this news article:

Narrow-mindedness Poison Of The Mind, Says PM

KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 15 (Bernama) -- Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi said Friday narrow-mindedness among Muslims was their most dangerous enemy today.

He said the characteristic made them not only reject progress but also facilitated Islam's enemies to disseminate their propaganda.

"This narrow-mindedness is most dangerous and, if allowed to fester, will eventually turn Muslims into extremists.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think the statement can be broadened to apply to everyone, not just Muslims.

Edit: fixed something.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by Beachcoma]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
*Revised* - Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

The original headline is: "Danish imams urge calm as cartoon protests mount"

Due to you blatantly sensationalising use of a biased headline this thread is being moved out of the breaking news forum (as per the rules).

Global Politics seems like a good fit.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I don't want to spread hate. But those of you defending islam and muslims are either blind or fanatics yourselves. What about all the sickening atrocities these people perpetrate even upon their own people, not to mention towards other people?
Were you aware that Muhammad and his people killed people and then captured
a woman and raped her?

Muhammad himself had forced sex (rape) with several of his slave girls/concubines. This is perfectly allowed, both in the sunna and in the Koran. If you postulate that many of the Muslims in Europe view themselves as a conquering army and that European women are simply war booty, it all makes perfect sense and is in full accordance with Islamic law. And Muslims do follow their medieval religious laws, even today

Source

“And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess…” (Q. 4:24 )

Safiyah, the Jewish Wife of Muhammad
Really? When does it all end? Just like when not too long ago a woman went out to get a book or a painting, i cannot remember, and she was severely gang raped and then jailed for the privilege? I grow weary of these disgusting psychopaths parading around under the guise of their "religion". Wrong is wrong. Ask a child if such a thing makes sense. They will tell you how horrible such things are. Oh noes! but we musn't speak out! it's not politically correct! These people and their actions, and their psychotic antiquarian "laws"
make no sense to any peaceful, rational being. Things like that are what make everyone angry and disgusted. They want to kill people over a freakin CARTOON. Hello....Mcfly? Rediculous.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
reply to post by Alpha Grey

They are not being babies at all. You just made yourself look like a completely intolerant Christian (I assume) who doesn't give a # about anyone but yourself.

Maybe I'll start parading around with Yeshua caricature t-shirts to see how many Christians I piss off.

Then all the Christians will be intolerant cry babies...Yeah.

Your viewpoint is very skewed and you need a change in attitude.

The only one complaining here seems to be you.

Hit a nerve did I ?? lolol !!!!

I am a proud atheist ! I follow NO religion. Religion is the worst creation of man bar none.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well I don't follow religion, but you proved that an atheist can be equally as intolerant.

Fundamental atheism...The next big thing.

Your title is still highly disrespectful and ignorant. This isn't about Muslims being babies, its the Danes who are fault here.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Denmark does not need to appease anyone they can print a picture that many believe represents Islam: a violent religion, revolving around the actions of their prophet mohammed. In many other countries, the image of Jesus has been desecrated, but you won't see the type of violent reactions from the Christian community, that you would normally expect from the Muslim community.

If anyone needs a lesson in tolerance it's Islam.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by laiguana]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Ok i posted this also in ATS to but since some in this thread really turn this into some fear and hate mongering issues ill put it here too....

According to a lot of the protesting people these "riots" has nothing to do what so ever with Mohammed drawings, its more an action against the Visitationzones and the police´s more aggresively behaviour towards ethnic citizens in these zones.

The "Its the Mohammed drawings" is a stunt from the media to get the ignite more riots and more sales in newspapers.

The whole "riot" thing started according to protesters because of the police being hostile towards a Palestinian man who had parked illegally and was being fined, but the police started commenting racists slanderous and when the man started defending him self vocally he got knocked down and kicked and beaten with a nightstick. He was not badly injured but he did get beating and this is why the most of the ethnic citizens youth started protesting and burning off containers and cars.

Today has been a quite night, even thou media speculated in people from and around Ungdomshuset 69 subculture would go in and support the ethnic protesters, which turned out not to be true.

Whitewash your sources are so Rightwing that it goes to the border of nazi site. If you want to use sources please provide someone who actually have something of relevance instead of some hate bashing site.

Best regards

Loke.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
laiguana,

You must not know your religious history very well. Remember the Crusades (Episodes Un, Deux, y Tois)?

How about the Inquisition?

Religious persecution of non-Catholics?

How about Christian fundamentalism taking hold of 'mainstream' Christianity?

No religion is any better than the other. None of the "big 3" seem to be any more tolerant than the other, yet they are the most closely related.

Its kinda funny when you all believe in Abrahamic faiths, but somehow you aren't able to reconcile with one another.

Interesting. I guess it says more about the people following those religions than the religions themselves.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join