It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Candidate Senator John McCain Tasked Air Force To Investigate UFO Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Good Day Forumerions,

With pressure from then City-Councilwoman, Francis Barwood (along with all the public inquiry), Sen. John McCain was urged to look into the massive UFO seen all over Arizona (and later discovered the country).

Here is a response (image of letter written by McCain) to one of his constituents:

Presidential Candidate Senator John McCain Tasked Air Force To Investigate UFO Case

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Apparently Mr. McCain is as big a chump as the rest of them then. Enough with the flares already right? Good god, if the aliens are bad, I hope they come down and take all the politicians first. Wouldn't that be karma at its best.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Seems to me that McCain didn't really swallow the Airforce explanation:

I am, however, montoring the findings and postulations of organizations interested in aerial phenomena for other possible explanations, and I encourage you to do the same.

I don't really see how you can get to such a level of government without having your interest piqued by the subject... even if you don't tell anyone about it.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
People in congress and senate must talk about these thngs, even though they know they are monitored. No matter who you are, you must have a feeling, that even 1 ufo may be real, and what happens when your in power, and your trying to find out who really pulls the strings, and controls info.

Has ron paul, ever been asked about finding out about ufos, never heard him say anything on it, has he said anything on it.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is an example of a "politician's cookie cutter response" done only when public furor reached a certain pitch; Frances was the only one who "pushed the issue" and she sacrificed her career in doing so . . .

--FW

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
Apparently Mr. McCain is as big a chump as the rest of them then. Enough with the flares already right? ...

Wait a sec, I thought Mitch Stanley already came forward and said He saw the planes, and he was using a telescope...Are you saying he lied?

www.azcentral.com...

...Stanley still has the telescope he used to see the supposedly mysterious formation over Phoenix. But he doesn't use it much anymore.

"It's hard to see anything in the city here," he said, "other than planes."...

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Taljking about McCain... do you guys know what the presidential candidates think about UFO's or maybe disclosure?

I live at the other side of the planet and the only coverage we get is about Clinton and Obama. Really weird though because the American president is important to all of the world, and not just the USA.
Take a look at Bush, he has putted the whole planet in chaos and not just his own country.

Im asking this because i think its important what your next president wants and thinks regarding to UFO's and alien life. Very important.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I just called McCain's 2008 Presidential web site and asked them what his position is on UFO Disclosure. They told me to hold on and came back a minute later and said "John McCain is very supportive of Space Exploration and the search for other intelligent life in the universe. We would only assume that he would also be open to UFO disclosure."

That kinda brought a smile to my face. I won't lie. I'm not a Republican by any means, but this makes me feel at least some what happy that if he is elected, we might have a better chance at UFO disclosure of some kind than we did with Bush (the champion of government secrecy himself).

FYI - Obama isn't a fan of space. He wants to cut NASA funding. And I'm sure he would laugh at funding any search for ET life in the universe just like he laughed when Kucinich was asked about UFOs during the MSNBC debate. If you're for space exploration and the search for Extraterrestrial life, voting for Obama won't help your cause. Clinton or McCain.

[edit on 16-2-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Wait a sec, I thought Mitch Stanley already came forward and said He saw the planes, and he was using a telescope...Are you saying he lied?

Hey Sen,

For those that have looked into the "Phoenix Lights" incident, I don't think anyone "denies" that Stanley "saw planes"; however, that doesn't explain, nor contradict what the 8:00 hour witnesses saw, i.e., a" humongous craft at very low altitude."

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
I just called McCain's 2008 Presidential web site and asked them what his position is on UFO Disclosure. They told me to hold on and came back a minute later and said "John McCain is very supportive of Space Exploration and the search for other intelligent life in the universe. We would only assume that he would also be open to UFO disclosure."

That kinda brought a smile to my face. I won't lie. I'm not a Republican by any means, but this makes me feel at least some what happy that if he is elected, we might have a better chance at UFO disclosure of some kind than we did with Bush (the champion of government secrecy himself).

FYI - Obama isn't a fan of space. He wants to cut NASA funding. And I'm sure he would laugh at funding any search for ET life in the universe just like he laughed when Kucinich was asked about UFOs during the MSNBC debate. If you're for space exploration and the search for Extraterrestrial life, voting for Obama won't help your cause. Clinton or McCain.

[edit on 16-2-2008 by ufo reality]

As i remember correctly, Bush JR. also said he was going to disclose when some guy in the public asked him about it, on camera.
We all know Bush didnt. They just say these things to get votes i guess.

But about the last things you said, why Clinton?
Never heard of "hubbie" Bill being into ufo's and stuff, except for the Independence Day movie

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Interesting clip:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
referring to that video above:
if mccain got into office, it would be interesting to see how his voice on this would be.
if he would stand by his interest in ufology or would he stand down?

interesting.

edit: added referring to video above

[edit on 2/17/2008 by zooplancton]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
referring to that video above:
if mccain got into office, it would be interesting to see how his voice on this would be.
if he would stand by his interest in ufology or would he stand down?

interesting.

edit: added referring to video above

[edit on 2/17/2008 by zooplancton]

Mornin' ZP,

Unfortunately, the "skinny" on UFOs is beyond the pay-grade of any "temporary occupant" of the White House.

Cheers,
Frank

top topics

join