It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Experiences...Have you had one?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I have had many spiritual experiences in my life which have almost driven me to the point of insanity. It's hard to accept the fact that spiritual things do happen when you live in a society where everything is questioned and not many have an open mind. I have struggled and struggled holding things that have happend to me inside. I need to find others who are having a hard time accepting their spiritual experiences as well. Sometimes I feel alone but I know there are others. If anyone has have been searching for answers regarding this...I feel that maybe we can help each other.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I think I know what you are talking about. It sounds like simply accepting the world of faith. I was not raised with religion, but it had intrigued me ever since i was a child as to why some people chose spirituality and some did not.
There is a lot the rational mode of thinking cannot comprehend about faith.
Im not specifically talking about any one religion.
For me, I needed some sort of proof I guess before I could believe that the things i experienced were not just mere hallucinations, I had to just have faith that they were real in their own right for a while and see what they could produce if i just let them flow and teach me.
I dont know what kind of spiritual experience you may be talking about, but so long as its not one that is telling you to harm yourself or others, why be afraid?
for me, coming from a seriously skeptical mind, to studying many religions and ending up meditating through insight found in vedic scriptures, I cannot say I subscribe to any one religion at all, but through meditation, my concept of any difference between material and spiritual difference has become completely merged.
In short, the spiritual effects of reality were not always seen as such, they were seen as an extension of what you would call science, so if you're born into a situation where rationality reigns supreme before giving what it doesnt understand a chance to express itself, it may not really be the rationality you thought it was.
This is just my opinion of course; as a child I could not find the rationality presented to me, rational, so i sought out the truth of rationality through thousands of pages of psychology, philosophy, and theology until i realized they are all talking about the same thing, people's EGO's just have a tendency to become self righteous and proclaim others ways to the same truth as ignorance or lies. politics has a lot to do with it too, but thats a whole other story and im just ranting at this point so....

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thugluv
If anyone has have been searching for answers regarding this...I feel that maybe we can help each other.

I'm not searching for answers... I just accept my experiences for what they are. I have had many spiritual experiences, mostly having to do with contact from people who have died. This leads me to believe in some sort of life after death.

My experiences have nothing to do with religion and I am an atheist.

join