It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

negative ATS points?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
so i've seen a few people around on the board who have negative ATS points. how exactly does that happen?
thanks!

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
points are deducted for warnings given out for unappropriate posts and behaviour.

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by OzChris]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Most of these cases are people who have less than 250 points who then get warned for doing something inappropriate.

When you're warned you are fined 250 points, i believe it should be 2500, but what the hell

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
what do you mean warned? what sort of things would you have to do to have that happen?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
read the terms and conditions of this board....anything that is against the TAC is subject to a warn if warranted.

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by OzChris]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
what do you mean warned? what sort of things would you have to do to have that happen?

Excessive use of profanity
Sexual content in posts
flaming other members and staff.

Come on, think about it, you know the difference from right and wrong.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
thanks guys...

shadow: i figured it would have been stuff like that, but i wasn't sure.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Well, I bet if you showed your butt in public you'd get warned...especially if it was an ugly butt.

Or, if you posted solicitous posts of a kinky nature...you'd get warned then.

Or, in my experience, sometimes just getting real pissed off will do it.

I bet if you try, you can get one.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Hehe, I got one once....had something to do with an anal sex reference.... Aw hell....here's the 250 points....

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I got mines for dissing russians, even though i didnt diss them. Russian just whined.

KANO, I DEMAND MY APOLOGY AFTER 6 MONTHS.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It happens to us all. I damn near got that far this week. Thanks Loki.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
NO APOLOGIES FOR NERDLINGS!

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by Kano]

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I got mines for dissing russians, even though i didnt diss them. Russian just whined.

KANO, I DEMAND MY APOLOGY AFTER 6 MONTHS.

WWWAHHH Kano where are you again.

STFU Boitch!

Out,
Russian

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
See me if I count up my warns they will add up to maybe 5,000 ats points.

Well who cares you earn points and you got to waste they too.

Why not.

Edit: Oh yeah Kano can I have the points back for all the warnings I got for quoting?

And Colonel can I get the points back for making fun of you and your democratic views?

j/k I dont need that #.

Out,
Russian

[Edited on 17-2-2004 by Russian]

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Yeah...Terms and Conditions blah blah blah....hooey...

...as a Super Mod, and a member of ATS for 4 years, I'll let you in on the 'inside goss' as to what would sure as crud get your butt a warn:

REAL LIST OF WARNABLE OFFENCES

Dissing whatever brand of beer I drink

...this can be problematic, as the more I drink, the drunker I get and my tastebubs stop working...so I tend to try drinking all manner of different beers. Best bet though is NOT to diss Hieneken till after 9pm, you're pretty safe up to that point in time.

Supporting Australian Rugby

That gets you a warn outright. Support Australian Rugby when Aussie is playing AGAINST New Zealand and thats a BANNABLE offence in my opinion...compounded by the fact I will also likely be drunk while watching the game and you will (and neither will I) have any idea what brand of beer I'd be consuming. So...in short...you're be screwed.

Not sharing your pizza with me

Count yourself lucky to only get warned...I'm be more inclined to slap you and run off with it...but meh, all I can is give you a warn.

Listening to Britney Spears

Sorry...but the insanity must stop...she's a hottie and all, but her voice is on par with that made by a 3 year old cat that has poked its head into a meat-grinder.

Laughing at Netchickens Pyjamas

His mom bought them for him. Don't laugh. He feels shame-faced enough having to wear them.

...other Admins/Mods have their own ideas of what constitutes a warn. Though - word to the wise - we are easily bribed with chocolate fish

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I got one on my old nick for making a post desiginated to disrespect a member named
"jarrod". I deserved that, I acted like an ass. Though there have been other warnings I didn't feel I had deserved. looks like im not the only one.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Alien sorry I dont share pizza. I guess you are going to have to warn me

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien
Laughing at Netchickens Pyjamas

His mom bought them for him. Don't laugh. He feels shame-faced enough having to wear them.

BUAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahaha...

That was just too funny. Seriously, I think I never received a warn... Man I feel so left out.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
alien, i'm safe to say you don't have to worry about me doing any of that

all anyone will get from me is never capitalizing words, and poor grammer and spelling. i'm not mean enough to call anyone anything, unless i'm just joking.

and my mom buys my pajamas too... i don't care, they're fun
... plus, who can argue with free clothing? anything free is good...

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
You can keep the pizza, especially if it's cold... A chick wanted to give me a cold pizza a few days ago.

But whenever I tell you to rub my toes, and you don't... You'll get four warns!!!

Or one of these

[Edited on 17-2-2004 by TheBandit795]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join