It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conCERN - The LHC has a big brother!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
CERN will soon have the LHC up and running this summer.

Scientists are already talking about time travel et al.

Other people are concerned that the LHC may bring about the end of the world.

In the world of technology there seems to be a non-written rule that what Joe Bloggs is paying for today, the military, be it US, UK or whoever, paid for it and had it up and running 30+ years before.

Is it not possible that the US military, for example, had a LHC with the same, if not greater, specification up and running many decades ago bearing in mind that the first particle accelerator was created in the early '30's?!

The US has fairly isolated bases in the US and Australian deserts and mountain ranges and they also have installations on atolls in isolated parts of the oceans.

The military could be up to anything. And if they are...

Is it not possible that the US military (or any other nation's military) may have inadvertently opened a wormhole, rift, stargate, blackhole or whatever and are already manipulating world events and the timelines of individuals and the masses using information provided by future generations?

Would it necessarily be a bad thing if they are doing this to avert other global catastrophes accepting any collateral?

If this was the case there would actually be no way for us/anyone to stop it as those in control would already now what was about to happen right?!

Edit:

And now the news that the LHC has a big brother on the way!

CERN and co have been brushing off fears that the LHC could destroy the Earth by pointing out that it is not powerful enough to create energy to cause harm.

However, it's big brother, the ILC is on the way and will no doubt will be bigger and more powerful than the LHC.

[edit on 15/2/2008 by skibtz]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
You read my mind as i thought exactly the same thing the other day. I have followed the completion of LHC since last year and its possibilities.

I found it hard to believe that goverments would allow this technology to take place without first testing it out for themselves. I believe US goverment has had this tech hidden somewhere for at least 15-20 years maybe even longer

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It seems that the US and UK are not intersted in dumping money in the ILC. It seems like the UK is pulling funding from several scientific areas.

This is even more strange because how is it that the US and UK, two of the big boys no less, can't scrape a few pennies together for this scientific tool?

Is this because they already have their own ILC tucked away somewhere?

[edit on 15/2/2008 by skibtz]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Now the black hole scenario (the one that concers the destruction of the Earth) does concern me.

Here is a good article on the potential (or lack of) for the black hole scenario to become reality.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
There is so much conCERN that these two guys are taking the experiment down the legal avenue!

I doubt these will be the last and I am pretty sure that there will be some kind of mass protests nearer the time - even though time is something that we are running out of!

[edit on 12/4/2008 by skibtz]

new topics

top topics

join