It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should George Bush be allowed to adopt?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I mean, moraly, and considering the effect this could have on the child.

kim

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 06:28 AM
link   
arrgh! poor kid. no, definately not- the kid would suffer majorly.

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 06:31 AM
link   
absolutely positively not. reasons:

too busy to spend time with adopted child. the office of president is just too time consuming.

religious bias. as a practising christian his views, re-iterated so frequently to the general american public, would form an unfair bias for the environment the child would grow up in.

excessive attention and stress. the child, as son/daughter of the (possibly former) president of the USA, would be put until extreme pressure by the media spotlight, possibly resulting in bullying in school.

general a$$. GWB has shown himself to generally be an incompetent a$$, particular when it comes to speaking, and eating.

- qo.

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 07:43 AM
link   
whilst I agree with most of that, how can you justify suggesting that the child would be naturally inclined to become a christian due to his parents fanaticism and at the same time argue that the child of gay parents would have no inclination towards homosexuality due to exposure in the family unit.

or are you saying that homosexuality is genetic.

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 07:50 AM
link   
i did not state that the child would be more inclined to be christian, i merely said that a child adopted by a religious fundamentalist would receive a biased environment to grow up in.

- qo.

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 07:53 AM
link   
all children recieve a biased environment to grow up in be it political, financial, spiritual or sexual.

Whilst I agree that in my opinion fundementalist christians are the last people who should be allowed to breathe let alone adopt children, I can't accept that in generalised terms it can be seen as a reason to prevent Bush adopting.

especially when there are so many other good reasons, like his inability to teach safety around baked bread products.

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 08:13 AM
link   
fair call lupe, your point has made me seriously re-consider my position on religion, as well as the equivalent points related to homosexual adoption. so, allow me to clarify:

Question: would GWB force any child of his to be christian?
Answer: yes, i think so.

so, based off this i cannot argue that GWB should be refused adoption on the grounds of his religion. it is well within the parent's rights to apply relgious teaching to the children in their care. however, i would say that this is not the ~preferred~ way, as a child, just as an adult, should have freedom of religion. as such, whilst GWB's religion stance should not exclude him from adoption, it should go against his favour.

- qo.

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Its tricky. do we also agree with this statement.

so, based off this i cannot argue that Elton John should be refused adoption on the grounds of his sexuality. it is well within the parent's rights to apply sex education to the children in their care. however, i would say that this is not the ~preferred~ way, as a child, just as an adult, should have freedom of sexuality. as such, whilst Elton Johns sexuality should not exclude him from adoption, it should go against his favour.

Baccus on a bike its a moral mine field out there!
(besides we all know that Elton shouldn't be allowed to adopt and it has nothing to do with his sexuality. bloody "goodbye english rose GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 08:31 AM
link   
NO!

Dear gods, have you seen how his twins turned out?? And Jeb's daughter? Tracked the news stories??

The family has drinking AND drug problems. I could NOT recommend handing over a kid to a family with known alcoholism and drug issues. If he wasn't a famous politician, those drinking and drug addiction issues in his family and his kids would make it very hard for him to adopt here in the US -- Child Protective Services would turn them down cold.

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Originally posted by Lupe_101:

"Baccus on a bike its a moral mine field out there!
(besides we all know that Elton shouldn't be allowed to adopt and it has nothing to do with his sexuality. bloody "goodbye english rose GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH" "

lmfao ....

i do not agree with that statement, as i will explain. it is not the fact that bush has a religion, but that he will enforce it. i would not like to see a child adopted by homosexual parents who will try to force said child to be homosexual, the same goes for heterosexual parents. to return to GWB, the fact that he is christian is not the issue - he is free to have whatever religion he likes and to teach that to his children - but the fact that he has such strong views and will teach them just as strongly goes against his adoption case.

there is another difference: religion is legal for children, sex is not. hmmm .... the age of consent for sex makes that a bit tricky. at the very least a parent can't force a child to ~practise~ any sexuality, at any age, however parents can force children of all ages into religious practise. to me that makes religion a bigger deal than sexuality.

- qo.

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 08:47 AM
link   

[img]

But if we educated them early enough on what to look out for, they'll be ok!

[Edited on 18-12-2002 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 02:08 PM
link   
NO!!!!!!

He is a dolt! "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, uh, um, er, duh, well, kill him!! Secret service shoot him!!! Die!Die!Die!Die!Die!Die!Die!" Most him speaking, making an @$$ of this nation.

Besides, only reason his family isn't in jail is he is president and would sick the CIA or something on the people who keep them in jail.

(Those really his kids? D@mn, they fell from heaven, fell right through a ugly tree and landed in a pool of ugly water, then tree fell over and their faces were crushed by the ugly tree!)

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Bush adopt hell no. Well the kid would be in a worse condition with Clinton...

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Chelsea Clinton turned out a LOT better than the Bush girls! She was better behaved while her dad was in office, too. Hasn't gotten involved with drugs, good student in college.

The Controversial Clintons did a heck of a lot better at child raising than PartyBoy Bush and PerfectWife Laura.

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 05:39 PM
link   
But if the child was adopted by Clinton he/she would be running around on his/her spouse.

posted on Dec, 17 2002 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Don't get an intentional media blackout on li'l ol' Chel confused with her being the perfect kid.

So, Quiet One, because I'm a practicing Christian you see me as unfit to be a parent?

You are the epitomy of everything you claim we are.

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Don't get an intentional media blackout on li'l ol' Chel confused with her being the perfect kid.

Strong Denial, Thomas. Chelsea's a good kid that any parent would be proud of; to state that a media blackout existed on a family that had all of it's dirty laundry laid out for public consumption, had hourly assessments made on their moral fiber by pundits serving the vast Right Wing conspiracy, and even launched a news channel for beejeebus's sake, is utter fantasy.
A media blackout is having your underage twin daughters caught falling down drunk, then busted again at margarita happy hour, had a DUI busted boyfriend sprung from jail, all this happening within the FIRST 13 MONTHS of your presidency and *BOOM*......are those crickets chirping....I don't hear anything!

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Crickets chirping? Talk about denial! Really? Gee, you and I have some really good intel as we both heard about the Bush boozers alot, and you know it!

Chelsea's a picture perfect daughter, huh?
I think you'd be surprised how wonderful your babe isn't. It's not worth people's jobs to satisfy people's curiosity or to trump someone in a discussion, but she really is protected by the vast left-wing media machine.

I think it should be an unwritten media rule that they stay out of the kids' lives all together. They shouldn't be under the microscope just because their parents elected to be in the political spotlight. Remember that picture of Chels in the "aroused" state? What about her children seeing that picture? Some things go beyond sense and sensability.

[Edited on 19-12-2002 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Chelsea's problems may show up later in life.Like when she try's to have a family.If she becomes anything like her dad she will have problems.The apple dosen't fall far from the tree.The only reason her parents are still married is because of politics.They don't even look like they like each other.

posted on Dec, 19 2002 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Thomas, with chelsea, if she screwed up, it would be known. Look at how clinton f's up with his kid, he such a screw up. Now he effecting his kid.

Also, good point, what happened? Did the bush family disappear? Or moved in a place they can't leave and can't be seen? That way they can booze and smoke and do other drugs without being seen? A conspiracy I tell you!!!!!!! Bush the dolt is using a black out for his kids, that way they can screw up all they want.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join