It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mao offered U.S. 10 million women

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Mao offered U.S. 10 million women

www.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Amid a discussion of trade in 1973, Chinese leader Mao Zedong made what U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger called a novel proposition: sending tens of thousands, even 10 million, Chinese women to the United States.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Although the offer was not very clear.

It went something like this: "We don't have much. What we have in excess is women. So if you want them we can give a few of those to you, some tens of thousands."

I wonder what was the original intention here. I guess to give them a new life in a new country? I am not even surprised with the numbers. I am just surprised the way it was offered.

I had been to China three times, I can say, lots of real good looking Chinese women.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I think he was only going to send mingers, there's a lot of them in China also.

And the pretty ones tend to nag like you wouldn't believe. Just ask my wife... If you dare!

Or was it some reference to the amount of dumped female children because of the one child policy?

Strange how things go full circle though. I read an article a while back about villages that have no women in them, they've all buggered off to the city to find a wealthy husband and/or get work...

Funny old place China...

MonKey

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Does anyone know the population statistics/male to female ratio in China? I would think that a nation that does not value its females and dumps them off on doorsteps would wind up with a primarily male population. What are all these males of breeding age going to do with a serious shortage of available females? War seems a likely option.

A lot of childless couples in America are adopting Chinese girls because they're so easy to get compared to the stringent rules imposed on those wanting to adopt in America.

BTW, what was the U.S. supposed to get in return? And what are mingers?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
As long as they're all hot it would've been cool with me.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by thehumbleone]

new topics

top topics

join