It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIASP - True Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Blackness.

Are my eyes closed? They feel open - I'm sure they are open.

Am I blind? I could see perfectly not so long ago.

Wait....I can't see myself...what the..? And yet ..I can feel myself. My arms and legs move freely and....so whats holding me up then? I don't feel like I'm falling.

There's no chair, no bed...nothing at all. I'm not underwater. I don't feel wet at all, and I can breathe.

Its just black. There is nothing around me. No lights at all, no shapes - my eyes must have adjusted by now - maybe I have gone blind after all..God no...that idea always scared me but wait one...

Theres no sound either...I'm straining to hear something...no voices, no traffic noise, no clocks ticking.

No smell either. My breathing is just gentle. The air tastes of nothing.

I'm trying to speak but I can't hear my own words, and yet I know I'm talking...I'm shouting in fact..but theres nothing.

Its a void.

Its just me. Alone. In this strange place...and yet...I don't feel afraid. In fact..I don't feel anything at all. I'm not sure how long I've been here now - have my thoughts taken minutes? Hours? Years???

Whats that.........................?

____

"Hi.....I bet your hungry?"

"Yes..a bit. Where am I please?"

"We had to put you in a side room - we do that for all the serious cases but don't worry, you'll be out on the ward later today. It was touch and go last night and at one point we lost you for a bit but the doctors got you back. You're a lucky boy. I'll ring your parents - they went back home after you stabilised - and I'll get a doctor in to see you as soon as possible. Lie still while I get some food for you..."
____

Just some background, I was 15 at the time, had a massive asthma attack - was dead for just under a minute apparently - Nef

[edit on 15/0208/08 by neformore]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Very cool and scary at the same time

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Man that must have been hell.

Being a Yorkshireman and not being able to hear the sound of your own voice.

Scary stuff.

MonKey

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Yes alone, but not lonely. The lessons learned are still teaching you to this day.
Glad you made it 'home'

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Welcome back to this side of things neformore.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I died when I was 7 years old neformore. I can't remember any of it.
The doc's brought me back, before any brain damage set in.
I think

Well described starred & flagged

[edit on 2/22/2008 by MountainStar]

new topics

top topics

join