posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 03:53 PM
Teachers Treated After Eating Doped Cake
Fri Feb 13, 8:08 AM ET Reuters
BERLIN (Reuters) - Teachers in a German school were treated in hospital after gobbling up an anonymously donated chocolate cake, unaware it was
laced with hashish, authorities said on Thursday.
Some 10 teachers from the school in the northern town of Lueneburg were treated for nausea and dizziness after sharing a cake left at the door to
their staff room, a police spokesman said.
"They thought it was food poisoning, but the doctors quickly recognized the problem," the spokesman said. "They showed all the classic signs of
people under the influence of drugs."
The spokesman said the teachers had not suspected anything because it was customary for them to buy cakes from the schoolchildren as part of a
Blood tests and a sample of an uneaten slice of cake revealed it had been doctored with hashish. The teachers were later discharged and police said
they had not yet identified who was responsible for the prank.