It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.MIX: Above Politics Show 03

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by peace82670

Could you explain why Howard Dean would be at the centre of political reform in the US ?

Do you like MMP ?

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Could you explain why Howard Dean would be at the centre of political reform in the US?

Howard Dean is the Chairman of the DNC. He is the ENFORCER. I've already explained this primary anomaly is a Republican inspired Dirty Trick played on the Democrats by ex-Gov. Jeb Bush and current Gov. Charlie Crist with the full collaboration of a lopsided Republican dominated Florida legislature.

On another post I copied the 2004 primary was in March, 2004. That was the traditional date for Florida. Then South Carolina decided to move its primary up because it was MORE Republican than Florida and it perceived it could have more influence in the outcome in ‘08 if it voted early. Based on what happened, it must have then occurred to the out-going Bush brother that he could muck up the Dems once more. (He did it first in 20oo).

If I was Howard Dean, I’d allot 50% of the FL and MI delegates to Obama and Clinton and call it OVER and DONE.

Let’s move on.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite
Howard Dean is the Chairman of the DNC. He is the ENFORCER.

Dean is the enforcer in his own party. You are going to need bipartisan co operation just to shed light on reforms. That means the likes of yourself working with Libertarians and other unrepresented groups have seen the light of day.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

You are going to need bipartisan co operation just to shed light on reforms. That means the likes of yourself working with Libertarians and other unrepresented groups have seen the light of day.

Yes. That is right about needing help from as many divergent POV as is possible to convince. Look back how long NZ was debating the change which is still relatively new. The 1990s.

Americans do not like such long discussions. NZ spent part of two centuries before making its move. We took only from 1787 to 1865 to resolve the slavery issue. Which event as you have no doubt read, cost the lives of 650,000 soldiers on both sides. (400,000 by illness and poor medical care. We lost 295,000 KIA in War 2 but the population was 3 X that of 1860).

I’m fearful this is one of those instances where it will have to get much worse before it can get better. Fortunately for us and the world, Bush43 is a rarity and hopefully not to be repeated in the lifetime of anyone now alive. I argued in 2000 that we ought not vote for a man who had ordered the execution of 154 people over 6 years, an average of 1 dead man every 2 weeks.

NO normal person can do that. I fear 99% of those who read this miss my point. Our system provides that the Executive branch through the power of pardon or remitting of sentence, is a control over a Judicial branch gone amuck. This contemplates that the Executive [governor] will be satisfied that convicted person has had all his rights fully protected before signing an execution order. I'd bet Bush43 never did one himself! He is not known as Dumbya by his friends without good cause.

This duty - full review - has been held to be a NON-delegatable duty. If it was meant to be delegated to others, then it would not require the governor’s signature. They could have used a rubber stamp. I know Bush43 well enough to know he treated that responsibility like he treats all of his tedious work - carelessly or not at all.

Texas has a well deserved bad reputation for being a POOR justice state. If 7% of the death row inmates in Illinois were innocent - as was proven to be the case - and Gov. Ryan remitted all 139 on death row - then you can be sure that at least that percent and more likely a lot more were innocent but were still executed in Texas.

Recall what happened when CA Governor Schwarzenegger signed a death warrant? His hometown in Austria took his name off a stadium and revoked his honorary citizenship and asked him to return a commemorative ring. That was for ONE death warrant. CA has more people on death row than any state, but executes very few. I believe it is 7 or 8 since the death penalty was reinstated. Texas has done about 300, half by Bush43.

Up here we have hardly enough money allotted to adequately defend accused persons, and after a person has been executed we have NO money at all to see if we did it to the right person. Death penalty advocates never deal with this reality.

[edit on 3/7/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
You don't see this kind of smart conversation going on in any other politics show on the internet. You guys give us a lot to think about, which means we all benefit.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join