It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something New?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I have an interesting story for you... I don't know how unique it is, but I am interested in an answer... the question will become clear once you read the story. Therefore, please bear with me, my tale is a wee bit long.

I live in a small, rural town in North Carolina, about two hours by car from Fayetteville -- which (as most people know) is the site of Fort Bragg. My house is large and old, and has a woodstove in it to help lower the heat bills. This woodstove has a tremendous appetite for wood, requiring a load of wood roughly equivalent to a heaping garden cart (the new, cheap kind you get at Wal-Mart for $30 or so) in order to run through the night.

Late one evening, as my mother was preparing the stove for its nightly burning, she had me go out and get a load of wood off the pile on the side of the house. So I go out there and I'm throwing wood into the cart when I hear a low roar, somewhere in between a jet engine and what the Space Shuttle sounds like on TV. I look up, expecting to see a low-flying plane and There. It. Is.

"It" was a huge (between 150-200ft I would say) aircraft (spacecraft?), triangular in shape and about the color of anti-radar paint. It had a light on each corner, white in front, blinking red at the back. No visible propulsive mechanism, no ground turbulence (we have 50ft. trees around the house; they should have been knocked over or at least shaking with wind), nothing. It was well below radar range (I hear that radar cuts out at ~500ft.) at no more than 200ft. up. It was also the shape of your stereotypical isosceles triangle: long and thin (ish).

I've been looking to find out what it is ever since. It's not an Aurora -- no fins or wings. It's not a TR-3 (which is too wide) or a TR-3A (again, too wide) or a TR-3B (which is an equilateral triangle in every picture I've seen). I can't find any pictures of a TR-3C on the Web... if it even exists.

That basically eliminates everything under the heading of "black triangular flying thing" that comes from this planet. Any guesses, folks?

P.S. I will have a "spec sheet" of what I saw up in a few minutes, provided that Imageshack is in a cooperative mood.

EDIT: forgot to mention that it was heading in the general direction of Fayetteville...

[edit on 14-2-2008 by starhawk]

[edit on 14-2-2008 by starhawk]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Wow

Cool!

Awaiting your "spec sheet"

Interesting thread!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Here is the spec sheet. Made in CorelDRAW X3 really quickly.

Lo Res (72dpi) : img254.imageshack.us...

Hi Res (300dpi) : img142.imageshack.us...

Hi Res image is 325k -- not necessarily for you folks still using modems!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by starhawk

Interesting (and I'm not being in the least sarcastic). I do have a few questions, if you don't mind my asking.

What are you using to gauge this object's altitude, size, and speed? I'm asking because the Mk I eyeball isn't the world's best range-finder or ruler under the best of conditions, and your sighting was under considerably less than optimal conditions. I may be preaching to the choir here, and if I am, don't be offended, but usually, you need to know (or at least have a broad idea) of altitude to guess size, or vice-versa.

Was the object exhibiting movement in any direction? If so, how long did it take to cross your viewing field?

Have you contacted the PAO for Fort Bragg? Even if their explanation isn't totally acceptable, it might us a place to start.

One interesting tidbit...most folks think of the 82nd Airborne when they think of Fort Bragg, but it's also home to the 525th Battlefield Surveillance Brigade. I'm not familiar with their equipment, but they *might* operate UAVs of some type. Could that be the source of your sighting?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Thank you for your thoughtful reply, Stormhammer.

In an edit to the post (which you can see above), I noted that the vessel was traveling towards Fayetteville. This is a very approximate direction rendering. Speed would be... well... significantly slower than any plane I've ever seen. I don't have a cop's radar gun so I can't tell you how fast, but in the grand scheme of aircraft it was barely moving.

As for the length-width figures... I am an artist (sadly, of little notability) and my eye is therefore probably slightly better than some if not most. I can gauge distances better than many people I know. I used the length of my house as a basis for the length (it's always about 80ft. in the diagrams that the insurance company makes) and the width was a rough estimate based on that. Both estimates should be considered "ballpark" at best.

Never bothered to bug the military about it. I've heard that SOP for UFO reports is something along the lines of "We can neither confirm nor deny whether or not we have anything operating in your area."

Seeing as this thing didn't even have visible wings or thrust (let alone an engine), it probably doesn't operate on conventional principles. I think it's something in the "black" world (what the government calls "Special Access Projects" or S.A.P. stuff) that's lightyears ahead of what we've got now in terms of propulsion technology. I know what a plane looks like, even an F-117A Nighthawk, and this wasn't one.

I did (just now) look up UFO reports in the National UFO Reporting Center, and there's a close match - late night, August 2002, Siler City NC. Look here (it's a little over halfway down) : www.nuforc.org... . The only difference was that the reporter there saw *two* of them.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
You have done your homework!

This is the most detailed reporting I've seen in a long time.

Have you reported this to any MUFON related sites?

Any other sounds associated with this unknown craft?

Did you see it maneuver in strange ways?

What happened when it left your sight, did it fade off into the distance, or shoot up into the sky?

Nice work!

Also:
Many others will be wondering, as I.....
You registered today.
Loads of people have tried to fool the ATS community. Be assured, if you are a charlatan, this site, and its people will find out.

In any case

This is indeed fascinating!

[edit on 14-2-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Once again, no, I never reported it. If I had, it would have been to the military, since it was fairly clearly (to me) heading towards Fayetteville / Fort Bragg.

It didn't maneuver, show off, or do anything but move in a straight line, very slowly for an aircraft, and making that noise (which I presume to be a byproduct of its propulsion). It really wasn't that remarkable except in the realm of technology.

I used to think that it was some sort of alien ship, but right now I'm thinking that it's just something the gov doesn't want us to know about (yet).

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Erm... hello? Hello? This is Mars calling, come in, come in...?

Although I have to admit that there are some pretty fascinating and oddball topics here that outshine my humble and vague tale, I'd still like answers, and I don't seem to be much if any closer to getting those answers than when I first posted.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

This is a classic black triangle, sorry, we don't have many answers but what we do have I'll give you:

Basic Overview:
en.wikipedia.org...

Testimony and other information by man who claims to be Area-51 engineer who claims the triangles were reverse-engineered from alien technology. He gives a lot of detail so there's a chance he may be truthful:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

And another thing...there was a friend of mine who saw something very similar (may in fact be the same craft) in Searcy, Arkansas, doing what should be impossible manuevers. If you're interested in speaking with him, send me a U2U and I'll try to get something set up.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

When did this occur?

"...I hear a low roar, somewhere in between a jet engine and what the Space Shuttle sounds like on TV. I look up, expecting to see a low-flying plane and..."

My husband and I have had this same experience in North GA but we have never seen anything. Just sound and confusion as to what it is or where it is coming from. Happened very fast.

[edit on 15/2/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This is exactly the same craft i have seen as mentioned in many threads. This thing to me was barely moving and had a static buzz about it then without warning it moved at a speed i can never begin to explain

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Didn't one of the infamous Area 51 worker dudes say something about the black triangle having a big speaker that was supposed to disperse enemy troops?

I think a lot of the sightings mention that the triangle was completely silent.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
@ kosmicjack

I've said it before. I don't know exactly. It could have been anywhere between 1999 and 2004. All I know is that it was a few years ago.

Keep in mind that my mind is very bad in terms of memory, with the exception of exactly two types of things: useless trivia and meaningful events. I will always remember that evening when the big black thing flew over my house, just as I will always remember where I was when I found out about the 9/11 attacks. I also can tell you exactly how many bathrooms are on the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D and where (approximately) they are. Yet at the same time, I have to check my watch to know what day and date it is.

@ chromatico

Those pictures are all either broken or of a different thing entirely from what I saw. Look at the picture I posted and you will see the differences:

Sharp corners, not rounded. Lights are smaller and completely different -- particularly in the absence of a middle light. Tapered edges as well -- not the rounded ones in the pictures that work. Nothing on those edges that I could see -- certainly nothing glowing. No external protrusions at all, other than the lights. Longer and thinner than the image -- isosceles triangle, not equilateral (2 long sides and one short rather than all 3 sides the same). Further, the whole craft was painted anti-radar-paint black -- it was the color of an F-117A Nighthawk.

It's also worth noting that a magnetic field as powerful as Fouche's TR-3B would need would be strong enough to do some *very* interesting things to any metal objects within several hundred meters of the craft, particularly anything metal that happened to be below it. (Think of what happens when a magnetic field moves near a stationary metal coil and multiply it by a few powers of ten.)

top topics

join