It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTC2 photo series shows upward explosive forces

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The following series of photographs of the destruction of WTC2 are unique in their clarity and the evidence they offer about the forces of the tower's destruction. They come from the photo archive of studyof911.com The four principal ones are all taken from the same vantage point, southeast of the towers, and so are extremely valuable for comparison/documentary purposes.

First, the initiation of collapse: the upper building mass begins to collapse with a steep torque to the southwest. (This photo is not part of the series, but used to show the progression of destruction.)

Next, the collapse progresses to nearly 1/2 of the structure.

Notice the massive section of perimeter from the eastern facade being ejected on a slightly upward trajectory, as indicated by the smoke plume it trails, above the level of destruction. Note also, the parabolic arcing of relatively large fragments being ejected upward to the left of the photo, just above the roof of the dark building in the foreground left.

The collapse has reached near to the base. A large section of the east facade is peeling off and beginning to topple. Minor fragments are spraying up and out from the sturcture, and vertical columns of smoke plumes rise from the collapse zone. To the right, partially obscured by the blue building, a large, sharply defined light grey plume traces the rising line of a particularly energetic ejection.

The final photo: the tower is nearly completely demolished as smoke begins to clear momentarily from where it stood. A large section of the base of the east facade is peeling away, an upward spray of smaller ejections are occurring just above it toward the south and east, and remarkably, some forty floors of the intact core, stripped of floors, is exposed, its top lost in the smoke above.

And what is so remarkable is that we see that the aforementioned spray of smaller ejections is coming from the core, as there is now nothing else to support them.

Here we have successive photographic proof that the forces working to destroy WTC2 were not acting downward, but upward. And that they were explosive.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by gottago]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
You got me thinking. Are there any photos of damage to WTC 1 from 2's collapse?

I find it hard to believe that WTC 7 would be hit by enough debris to make it totally collapse from WTC 1, but the tower right next to WTC 2 (WTC 1) doesn't get damaged?

If I'm wrong, please post.

Edit:
BTW, starred and flagged.

[edit on 2/17/2008 by Griff]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I know this has been raised before here, but this has to be the best explanation I've seen yet!
Starred and flagged!

@Griff: I've often wondered myself, but never asked. Great question.

[edit on 17-2-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
That is a good question. I have heard some firefighters talk about how the other tower was extremely damaged from the collapse of the first one. I cant remember when or where, but I had heard that. However, this does not prove the 7 was damage to the extent that it was said to have been. I mean we have yet to see any proof that there was any significant damage to 7

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
You got me thinking. Are there any photos of damage to WTC 1 from 2's collapse?

I find it hard to believe that WTC 7 would be hit by enough debris to make it totally collapse from WTC 1, but the tower right next to WTC 2 (WTC 1) doesn't get damaged?

Griff,

I've not come across anything to date but have to admit I've not looked specifically for damage to WTC 1; it's a good question and I'll post whatever I find here.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
That 's not proof of upward force. It's proof of air displacement. Do a quick expirement. Have someone clap right in front of your face. You will feel the air escaping all around the hands just before they make contact. Air and water both, will take the path of least resistance.If the builing in collapsing downward, walls are collapsing inward and downward. The air will escape outward and up.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unkle Greggo
The air will escape outward and up.

If the air is escaping outward and up, how do we get "squibs" below the collapsing zone? Just curious because I thought that is what the official explaination was for them. If the air is going up and out, how does it get compressed also?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Sorry, not outward and up, outward or up.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
i think, griff, that there is NO official explanation for the "smoke puffs". they are ignored in the NIST report, like the pools and streams of molten metal. it is only internet disinfo pros that have an explanation for everything. it is these people who believe in "syringe theory"
, and repeat it like it's the gospel. they never explain why only single points pop out, though, even though there is obviously a sudden powerful gust. IF it was coming from the core, it would have to pressurise the whole acre wide floor before having enough gusto to pop out windows. so, why then, are there only pinpoints of force, more akin to explosions than "smoke puffs"?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Reply to billybob.

Actually, I believe it comes from here.

4. Weren't the puffs of smoke that were seen, as the collapse of each WTC tower starts, evidence of controlled demolition explosions?

No. As stated in Section 6.14.4 of NIST NCSTAR 1, the falling mass of the building compressed the air ahead of it—much like the action of a piston—forcing smoke and debris out the windows as the stories below failed sequentially.

These puffs were observed at many locations as the towers collapsed. In all cases, they had the appearance of jets of gas being pushed from the building through windows or between columns on the mechanical floors. Such jets are expected since the air inside the building is compressed as the tower falls and must flow somewhere as the pressure builds. It is significant that similar “puffs” were observed numerous times on the fire floors in both towers prior to their collapses, perhaps due to falling walls or portions of a floor. Puffs from WTC 1 were even observed when WTC 2 was struck by the aircraft. These observations confirm that even minor overpressures were transmitted through the towers and forced smoke and debris from the building.

wtc.nist.gov...

If you want to call NIST official that is.

Edit: Changed the reply to poster. Brain malfunction.

[edit on 2/20/2008 by Griff]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
i stand corrected.

okay, it's another official truth by proclamation, then.

thanks, man.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

That 's not proof of upward force. It's proof of air displacement. Do a quick expirement. Have someone clap right in front of your face. You will feel the air escaping all around the hands just before they make contact. Air and water both, will take the path of least resistance.If the builing in collapsing downward, walls are collapsing inward and downward. The air will escape outward and up.

Sry but that is garbage. The air pressure inside the building was the same as the outside. So the air pressure being equal you get no release of air 'pressure'.

And what about all that dust? Where is that coming from if it isn't the building being pulverised? Maybe they never cleaned the offices eh? lol

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Sry but that is garbage. The air pressure inside the building was the same as the outside. So the air pressure being equal you get no release of air 'pressure'.

And what about all that dust? Where is that coming from if it isn't the building being pulverised? Maybe they never cleaned the offices eh? lol

So you believe that when a building collapses the air just disappears?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

I have seen a video where a puff of smoke came out around 50 stories below the collapse zone, and then another right after only 20 stories or so.

How would that be possible? Wouldn't the compressed air travel down as a wave?

And if so, how could one puff of smoke come out below another one and first?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

It depnds on how the interior is collapsing. Did the buidlding come in in a fluid motion, or where floors already collapsing inside before the towers came down? Air would have traveled through stair wells, elevator shafts and open doors. These would all disrupt the flow and funnel it into different directions.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Here is a video for example, since it's hard for me to explain:

Video

At about 1:00 the video is being filmed from the base of the tower looking up. You should be able to see what I'm talking about there.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

So you believe that when a building collapses the air just disappears?

I don't even know why I'm bothering to answer this silliness.

For the kind of expulsion of the facade and sections of the steel 'mesh' that occurred would have took far more energy than air that is not under pressure.

We are seeing explosive expulsions, where in the history of building collapses have you seen that happen from the air inside that building? For your hypothesis to even be considered you need to provide some kind of evidence that this is even possible. Clapping your hands near your face is not evidence of what you are suggesting.

You need to provide some kind of precedence, and no 'this was a unique event' is not good enough. Are you really sure that what you believe is true?
Or are you just giving us the stock de-bunker answer as per usual? Do you really understand what it is you're claiming? Think about it real hard...

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I understand what you mean, but the two biggest variables are (1)air is not a solid mass. It will find the path of least resistance. Because window A was 15 minutes ago, does not mean it will be 15 minutes later. If air explodes out window A, that window now has new factors. Did the rush of air force new obstacles into the way. Is wind blowing back in through the window in the opposite direction now. The other obtacle is (2) was the collapse one catastrophic failure or a series of smaller failures that added up to a catastrophic one. If the floor or a part of the floor of level 75 collapsed pushing the air outward and exploding the windows. A new structural failure causes part of the floor on level 50 to collapse pushing out the air and exploding out the windows on the floor below it.

Due to the amount of explosives needed to take down a building of that size you should be able to see squibs all the way around the building on each floor almost simultaneously.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I think you're stuck thinking of air as a weightless force. You're not considering a square acre, over 100 stories high. Thousands of pounds of air pressure being violently displaced will have explosive results.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Unkle Greggo

So then, in the second photo, that huge hunk of the facade of the building on the right is sailing out and slightly upwards, and the other pieces of building are shooting out in upward arcs, all of them well above the level of collapse, from air pressure?

Really?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join