It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman opens fire in Illinois classroom.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I just heard on NPR that there is now something like 6 dead and over a dozen wounded.
Not much was reported on the shooter.
No one really seems to know much.
Now I'm hearing that there were something like 3 or 4 other school shootings this week alone.
It's as though it's a contagion.
It's crazy.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I find this terrifying.

I'm a teacher myself and have actually had nightmares about a gunman coming into the school and opening fire. I don't know what I'd do. I don't think anyone does until they get into that situation. I know what I like to think I'd do, but who knows in the heat of the moment.

Even though these kids sometimes make my life hell I love every one one of 'em to bits and would hate to think of something like this happening to 'my' kids. I feel so much for the instructor in the lecture.

I think it's only a matter of time before this kind of event starts to happen on a widespread basis here in the UK, unfortunately.

People are getting more twisted for some reason or other, and I refuse to accept the 'kids are bored' argument. Something is going on. I have some ideas but refuse to mention them here because it's not the time or place. I may air them in skunkworks at some point.

Anyway, my heart goes out to all involved - may the dead rest in peace and may those surviving recover and try to rebuild their lives as best they can.

With respect.

MSP.

Edited becuase I'm an inglish teecher who cant speel

[edit on 15-2-2008 by more_serotonin_pls]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This just in:

One of the victims that was in critical condition has died, making the total deaths up to 7.

My cousin went to that school a few years back and I live just outside of Chicago. This really makes me sick to my stomach and I really do believe something is going on here....not just mere coincidence...there's definately more to these shootings than meets the eye.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
CNN just reprted that the shooter was 27 year old former student and his name was Steven Kazmirchak. If he was a former student why was he pissed off at the school? Maybe he was behind on a student loan......just kidding!

[edit on 15-2-2008 by realmatrix]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Can anyone track down an image of him?

found this:
Doc by Steve Kazmierczak

Cannot seem to find any pictures however.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I just heard this guy had time to reload.

Thank goodness for gun-free zones.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by more_serotonin_pls
People are getting more twisted for some reason or other, and I refuse to accept the 'kids are bored' argument. Something is going on. I have some ideas but refuse to mention them here because it's not the time or place. I may air them in skunkwo

You know what the difference is from today and when we were growing up??

Ever watch George Lopez?? a TV show here in the states..

There was an episode where the main characters mother hit the son, the main got pissed cause she hit him and whatnot.. Her defense was real parenting. Parents today don't know how to parent.

Meaning in this situation and many others where the kids are bored assholes whatever, I don't think that's the case. I think a majority of situations are lack of parenting whereas when we were growing up we learned some type of discipline. Today if a parent thinks about beating their kids ass for some reason or another they are afraid of going to jail for real parenting.

Anyway I am just theorizing cause I see a difference between my kids and other kids in the area where the parents can give a rats ass what they do..

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Trying to track down photos of this guy, so far no luck.
one thing I did find is this:
Graduate Student Newsletter see page 11 where it says:

Joshua Stone recieved one of the three 2006 Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant Awards sponsored by the NIU Faculty Development and...........
........with co-authors Jim Thomas and Steve Kazmierczak(accepted into graduate program for fall 2006)

unfortunately only a picture of Joshua Stone in there.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
To bad students/teachers can not arm themselves for protection. Nope you gotta call 911 and wait #ing 25 minutes while the asshole goes on a rampage.

GOD BLESS INDIANA! In Indiana you have the right to blow them away! granted you have you permit!

THis thing that gun control freaks don't AND CRIMINALS DON'T FOLLOW THE LAW THATS WHY THERE CRIMINALS YOU #TARDS!!!! get. THE WORLD HAS GUNS IN IT, THERE NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

There he is.
Steve Kazmeirczak, 1998 Elk Grove High School yearbook

Source

[edit on 15-2-2008 by WhiteWash]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
For Whom The Bell Tolls

It is natural to react to crimes like these with shock, horror and outrage. Certainly, that's my reaction.

However, if your first impulse is to lash out in frustration, anger and hatred, then you already know quite well enough what the root of the problem really is.

The cure for evil is not more evil.

Don't let the darkness blind you.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Your right there, people will be jumping to all these conclusions. They should look at themselves, and wonder what society does to have these people do these things.

Just look at the black geezer last week, and why did we not get the full story, all we got was he was haressed, but by whom, and what were they doing to him.

The questions people should be asking, is what is wrong with society, that people do these things?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Happy vd day to you too Majic!
Does anyone here know if the shooter ever served in Iraq or Afganistan? Possible pts?
Just wondering!

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteWash
Can anyone track down an image of him?

found this:
Doc by Steve Kazmierczak

Cannot seem to find any pictures however.

Pictures can be found here

Seems he was a Criminal Justice Scholar

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Yes friend...I posted that thread after the post in this one...

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So, he was on meds!!

Haven't they all?

Does it seem more logical that not the guns, but the meds that should be banned?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

To logical people like me and you - yes.

All will say is think about how much money people in that industry have and as a result how much influence. Anyone know any pharmaceutical chiefs in the Bilderberg group?????? I wonder...

All I need to say is seroxat, I think.

The idea I was referring to in an earlier post has something to do with meds, but no in the way that appears to be becoming obvious. I'm thinking more vaccinations given as a baby...

Peace.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hmm...another shooting at a gun free zone.

I'm starting to see a pattern...

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

Hey Wolfofwar.
There is certainly a pattern, in that there have been way to many incidents of this. 4 school oriented shootings in one week alone. Plus all the other ones in the past. So what would you say the pattern "says" so to speak? Interested in your Theory.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteWash

See the first line in wolf's post. "Gun Free Zone". I know if I were going to college right now, I would want the right to own a gun with a concealed carry permit. Every class room should have at least one person, even if its the teacher, with a gun and the training to properly use it. THAT will prevent these huge death tolls. When the shooters are getting shot back at.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join