It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman opens fire in Illinois classroom.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Gunman opens fire in Illinois classroom.

news.sky.com

A gunman has opened fire in a classroom at Northern Illinois University outside Chicago, witnesses and the school have said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Breaking news on Sky at the moment.

Reports on the tv of numerous casulaties so far.

Fingers crossed all ends up as well as it can, these are horrible things to see over and over again.

CX.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14/2/08 by CX]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
up to 18 wounded per the red banner on cnn.com

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
God, ANOTHER one?

I truly 95% blame the media for this. I don't think as many school shootings would have occured if the media hadn't had covered them so much and popularized them.''

WTF is going on in people's heads when they're doing this?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This is getting rediculous... there has to be something going on... there is no way this is coincedence.
Why is this happening now... I don't get worried about things like this normally , but Something just FEELS wrong.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Looks like there are no deaths yet (hope it stays that way) - and the gunman is in custody.

This is just absolutely crazy. Somethig has to be done. Gun control. School security. I don't know. Maybe both and more.

How many times does this have to happen and how many people have to die before something is done to stop this happening.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Pretty much every shooting like this has been linked to what some call the 'prozac nation'

I really wouldn't be surprised if this is the case yet again

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
What's going on?

Something is up for sure. The powers that be are in a frenzy to put us all in lock down. Time is running short for their agenda. They have to get the guns out of our hands. The core reason is likely too bizzare for most to believe.

No, I don't know why. I only know/can see that there is no logical reason economicly or politically. Use you imagination - the most bizzare, absurd reason you can think of is likely the truth or close to it.

These are all mind controlled, programmed shooters.
No coincidence that there is a cluster of them.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
i'd bet 95% of them are related to economical realities.

these are "funky" times

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
k gunman is dead, there is 18 wounded. so will see how the story goes, I am still watching the news.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This is only going to result in more gun control and scapegoating.

I blame alot of this on our culture. We have such a selfish, cold and vain culture. Marriages, Families, and relationships in the US are extremely disfunctional.

We are basically breeding and raising a generation of Disfunctional Psychopaths. Good work America, if we keep it up, we can insure we are all unarmed, medicated and sedated zombies.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
God, ANOTHER one?

I truly 95% blame the media for this. I don't think as many school shootings would have occured if the media hadn't had covered them so much and popularized them.''

You are exactly right. Ideas and behaviors are contagious. If they did not report it so widely, it would not be in the fabric of our collective consciousness.

"If you stare into the abyss..."

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

www.niu.edu...

That is the posting from the School Website

Line 2

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
And yet again another reason to be stripped out of our rights.

I agree with the anger some people have here over this lunatic but let's not let 0.01% of the population control the way we are going to live. In the end we will just suffer more than we did when it happened.

If you want to change it then start by saying hello to the person noone talks to...try and make a new friend every week...share your chocolat bar with a homeless...

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by broli

Not sure if anyone else remembers or has experienced this in the U.S. school system... But when I was a child enrolled in a public school (elementary)..

You always had someone that would act up in class. - and since this person acted up the entire class would have to pay for his act. Like missing recess - and sometimes staying after class, or having to do extra 'homework'.

In my eyes (especially seeing our country now); that was nothing more than conditioning the youth to accept and develop the mindset in order to accept the policies being made today.

Unfortunately, little things like this seem to work very very well. and todays school systems are 50x worse.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by Peace Frog]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
CNN is now reporting "2 shot and several wounded", perhaps they mean 2 dead?

On the NIU website it says that that NIU Police Dept. has said that the "threat is over"; did they take him out, arrest him, etc?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
When I was in High School I was targeted and had a handmade bomb placed on my doorstep. The school did nothing. If this happened in todays times, the kids would be in jail.

Things were different back when I was in school (over 15 years ago)

This shooting makes me so so sad. They are reporting only injured folks so hopefully no one was killed.

Tela

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
NIU was closed 12/10/07 due to written threats of Columbian style shooting Im about 45 minuts away there saing 5 to 15 kids shot A skinng white male with a skull cap and sun glasses.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by preston067
NIU was closed 12/10/07 due to written threats of Columbian style shooting Im about 45 minuts away there saing 5 to 15 kids shot A skinng white male with a skull cap and sun glasses.

Had not heard of the kid with the skull cap.....was he jewish? Possibly related to the recent killing of the hezzbolah leader? Just speculation!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
oops I meant skinny white male wearing a skull cap and shades www.wgn720.com

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join