It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIASP Magadalaina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
My Grandma was deaf, caused by diphtheria when she was little girl. Now a old woman, she baby sat me while my parents were working.
It was early one morning after everyone was gone to work that it happened. I was 5 and a half, and you know that half is meaningful when you are trying to be big.
I lay in grandma's big bed while she lay next to me sleeping. Snoring and mouth breathing, quite a concert. She looked comfortable in the long flowing flannel nightgown she was wearing, around her neck a tiny gold cross from the old country that she never took off.

As she lay sleeping I feel a jostling come from under the bed, or so it would seem. Again , that feeling, that movement.
The room is gray from the lack complete daylight as it is only 5:30 am. I squint to see a figure emerging from the foot of the bed.
A creature that to me looks like a seal. This creature walks on legs with feet like protrusions. It has arms, and a face that shows intelligence.
The eyes, black, pupiless, they are speaking to me.
This creature hasn't got a mouth. Yet I am being told "be not afraid no harm will come to you". Two more of these creatures emerge. One is about the same size as the first but the other is smaller jut a few inches bigger than me.
They sense that I am not intimidated by the smaller one so it comes over to me and tells me we are all going on a journey.
With this I am somehow whisked away to what seems to be a cave under the foot rail of Grandma's bed.
Down lower and lower I am taken. The creatures are very kind and do not hurt me. They pass me through a violet colored light that is emitting a low hum and feels like a spray of ice water on my skin but there isn't any water just tingling.

Next thing I know I am back in Grandma's house, or so it seems.
She is gone, the bed made. I hurry down the stairs and see some other old woman sitting in a chair watching and interacting with a game show on TV. Dressed in some kind of a pants set made of a very strange fabric. She has on her neck, my Grandma's old gold cross. Why is she wearing Grandma's gold cross I ask myself.

Looking up she asks me who I am. I am confused because the house is changed, the things are different and complicated.
I tell the old woman I live here and she laughs a sweet laugh and says
"Darlin, there haven't been any children here for many many years" but you can visit me whilst you're here.
"What is your name" she asks. Magadalina I say. With a a surprised look she answers,"that is my name too! Suddenly I realise I've looked into those eyes before........ They are mine!
"My" green eyes, older, full of life lived, me 70 years from now. I am visiting myself in the future. I search her face, look at her hands ,fingers. Oh My God , she is me! ME!
I tell her I want to hug her, and I do hug her tightly and want to know so many things . She tells me of her life and I listen and try to remember all she's told me. Then she says shes off for a nap upstairs where she use to nap with her Grandma. So I follow her up to the bedroom, lie down by her side, and we drift off to sleep.

Suddenly I'm awakened by the sound of a teapot whistling in the kitchen.
With what happened still fresh in my mind I bolt downstairs. There is my Grandma, tea in one hand, toast in the other.
Smiling, she is wearing her gold cross, and all looks normal again. I hug my Grandma, and tell her I love her. She says " Magadalina, I want you to have this gold cross that grandpapa gave me a long time ago. Never take it off.... ...And so it begins.
Alone in a strange place with strangers who are yourself.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
A beautiful story, I thought it rang true of a life experience you may have had, believable.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Beautiful. Reminds me of nightdreams I sometimes have which take me to the future-selves, past-selves, etc.

join