It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP walks out of congress to protest FISA vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

GOP walks out of congress to protest FISA vote

thehill.com

House Republicans Thursday left the chamber ahead of a vote seeking to hold White House Chief of Staff Josh Bolten and former White House counsel Harriet Miers in contempt of Congress for refusing to testify before a panel investigating the firing of several United States attorneys.

The move was intended to show that Republicans want to work on a permanent update to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act rather than be part of a “partisan fishing expedition,” as House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) put it.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
GOP members have walked out of Congress! This is happening as we speak so the only link I have is from The Hill.....more to follow on this developing story.

thehill.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related threads:
www.abovepolitics.com...
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

[edit on 14-2-2008 by realmatrix]

[edit on 14-2-2008 by realmatrix]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Very strange happenings are going on......CNN,MSNBC and Fox News have all pulled content on this issue......The only place I can find something now is Drudge! Hummm

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
And to think, once upon a time I supported the Republicans
WTF was I thinking!? Still a true "Conservative" and now a longtime Indpependent and Libertarian I can tell you that I probably cannot cast a vote for the Republifascists any longer. Walking out? Why? I guess to demonstrate how they support, as a group, the over-reaching nazi-style of government their Sh*tty President has insitituted!?!? Good, let 'em walk! I know full well (Cuz my family used to be nothing BUT DIE-HARD Republicans - but not any longer) that they are gonna have their asses handed to them in the upcoming election! People are completely fed up - C O M P L E T E L Y !!!

Any of you hard-core right wingers out there had better prepare for one of the greatest swings this nation has ever seen! You're about to see a record number of encumbent Republicans lose their seats in a smearing landslide. Why? Because of the EXTREME partisanship! The President DOES NOT yield supreme power, despite what he thinks, and is subject to the laws of checks and balances. The Repubs walking out are taking a stand that they no longer believe in checks and balances. I wonder how what very few of them left are going to do when the Democrats play the same game when they have the super majority?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Well put KOZ.....Star for this one! I'm still searching for more content on this, everything seems to have disappeared in MSM.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
In other words, Bush gave them their marching orders. Play ball and put his people above the law or else!

I'm tired of Bush and his lawbreaking. It galls me that Republicans just blindly follow along no matter what criminal thing he does.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Here is more background from The Washington Post on why the GOP is walking out.
blog.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Wow. What I love is Bush says "We don't have this law Americans will die!" Then he turns around and says "I'll veto this in a heartbeat!"

So, which is it, death of America or something that can be vetoed if it doesn't declare the illegal wiretapping of American Citizens God's Will.

new topics

top topics

join