It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin will be long-serving, powerful premier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Putin will be long-serving, powerful premier

www.reuters.com

MOSCOW (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday he intended to become a powerful and long-serving prime minister after leaving the Kremlin but rejected suggestions he would dictate orders to his likely successor.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Interesting quote here:

"The highest executive power in the country is the government of the Russian Federation headed by the Prime Minister," he added.

Prime Minister will be his new job soon. I personally expect the office of Prime Minister in Russia to become more like the office of Prime Minister in Israel, essentially the real head of state as opposed to the President.

I'm not going to use scare tactics and turn Putin into the bogeyman. He's been one of Russia's best leaders in history. Whether or not rights been trampled on, I dont know, but really who are we (Americans) to be talking about rights being trampled on?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14/2/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Don't be surprised if Putin goes hard-core darkside sometime soon and Russia really starts heading south. Remember, Germany was prosperous for a time under Hitler.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Don't be surprised if Putin goes hard-core darkside sometime soon and Russia really starts heading south. Remember, Germany was prosperous for a time under Hitler.

I would not be surprised if we went hardcore darkside soon. More than likely next year.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
He's been one of Russia's best leaders in history.

Poor country... If this is true...

Whether or not rights been trampled on, I dont know, but really who are we (Americans) to be talking about rights being trampled on?

It's not just the rights, even though the political climate in Russia is somewhat bizzare, with independent/opposition media suppressed to a large degree. He cemented the power of olygarchy in Russia and made the results of the highway robber aka privatisation final.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I mean look at Russian history. Over 200 years of occupation by the Mongol Horde. The Tsars were pretty terrible. Then the Soviet Union. Putin really was, is the best of the bunch.

new topics

top topics

join