It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

maybe disclosure reveals an ugly truth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
like maybe we are doomed eventually, maybe we are the scum of the universe, maybe we are all evil as the bible says because of the original sin thing

but do any of you think maybe we can't handle the truth cause it's a very ugly secret or there is something ugly to be hidden and to reveal some things would lead to revealing an ugly truth about us as a race/planet?

is there any articles or books about something negative that is the reason why we can't have disclosure?

as an example

i have heard/read people say that if we were all earthlings we wouldn't fight each other anymore and war would be gone from the planet because we wouldn't be americans or iraqis anymore, israel and palestine is done too if we are earthlings instead of some countrys citizens if we are all citizens of earth

so if that was true then they would have to keep disclosure away as a whole because if they would release parts of it like anything about the crazy technology people would want to know where it came from, and what do you tell them then? after they find out you have been lying for years and years

also if they aren't using american tax money to pay for these fancy things, is it the drug money? where does this black budget money come from for this advanced technology to be worked on for so many years...so disclosure in any way could raise some problems with just that example alone

what do ya'll think about full/semi disclosure revealing an ugly truth and maybe that's why we can't have it?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This is exactly the reason why it isn't disclosed.

Just too painful to admit. IF disclosure is iminent, it would cause the world government to stop function and lose all it's power.

Religion and politics comes to a standstill and people all around the world will start panic once this gets over the media.

heads will roll for sure. and im sure you can't count em' on 1 hand!

Religion is very powerful nowadays you have to realize that. They control everything.

Even the whitehouse is cursed, after each and every speach i watch i hear "God Bless America". And then i think geez yeah let's do that and make America thé most powerfull, dominant, murdering and lying nation... with the blessings of God ofcourse..

[sarcasm]
In the name of God, give up your life and start dreaming the American dream! Or go to hell instead. [/sarcasm]

[edit on 14-2-2008 by PureET]

[edit on 14-2-2008 by PureET]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The idea that we are merely a workhouse species genetically designed to be able to fight in land, sea, air and space did occur to me, yes.

My imagination on the matter is that perhaps they are infact waiting for us to form some sort of NWO before the aliens who created us come along and force us to fight on the galactic front.

When you look at it from this perspective - of Alien empires waging war on one another from one homeworld to another, the possibility that an Alien race might consider creating an evolutionary off-shoot in order to grant it greater capabilities isn't so far-fetched.

Of course, this makes human future seem rather limited, unfortunately.

- what do you do to the dog that won't follow commands?

the word "Choke-Chain" springs to mind.

p.s; this also makes me wonder at humankind's rather inbred capability for ignorance, and whether or not at a genetic level we were all born to be ignorant to the wider reality of things.

Nice Avatar, btw.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by Throbber]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Hey, how about this one....remember the movie EdTV or (forgetting the name) the one with Jim Carey in his pretend world on reality tv?

All religions are bs,

We were put here as an (experiement/reality based entertainment, you decide) by aliens long ago.......it's been a fun ride, no? Oh yeah, and some of us have known this for thousands of years...just not the majority (as it is now)

[edit on 14-2-2008 by percievedreality]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PureET
This is exactly the reason why it isn't disclosed.

Just too painful to admit. IF disclosure is iminent, it would cause the world government to stop function and lose all it's power.

You make absolutely no sense. You are contradicting yourself.

First you say the OP is right...it would cause the world to unite. But then you say it owuld cause the world government to collapse.

It would seem if someone is trying to create a one-world government, then they would want something like this to happen, to get everyone united against a single enemy.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

That's the point i was trying to make, however you managed to put it in a way that didn't require explanation.

I believe it depends strongly on how we end up with the NWO - if it's through peaceful means, we may end up rebelling against our alien overlords and perhaps even causing serious damage against them (thereby ensuring our own destruction in my aforesaid galactic imperial war).

Perhaps... it would be possible to 'stage' and alien attack, and then for us to be saved by our alien masters - whom then provide us an opportunity to retaliate?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Those who want to maintain control wants a great brawl for it all aka armaggedon.

Those who want to bring about peace and understanding wants the apocolyse aka the revealing of the truth something the "elite" does not want us to have.

We cannot have free will unless we free our minds from the materialistic prisons we each have created for ourselves. Until that happens we will be witnessing armaggedon instead of the apocolyse. So we must free our minds and we will see the apocolyse aka the truth, but when the truth is revealed we must not run from it but learn from it.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
There are all kinds of potentially negative reasons not to "disclose," depending on what that would entail. If we're talking about space alien critters, then us finding out that we're maybe not at the top of the evolutionary ladder or food chain would obviously be disturbing to quite a few people. I don't think many of us are ready to be herded into a space cattle ship to be eaten by aliens.

If disclosure has to do with time travel, people would also get very itchy about knowing what's going to happen to them in the future, even if the particular kind of time travel involved wouldn't give them that information.

Maybe the most disturbing kind of disclosure, however, would be the introduction of certain concepts that might reveal just how limited our knowledge and perceptions are about how the universe actually works. Ghosts. Illusions. Souls. Life and Death. Time. What if everything we've ever thought about any of it is not only wrong, but not actually capable of being understood by us? That would be a tough pill to swallow.

join