It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't Americans believe UFOs are real? - OpEdNews

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Public opinion polls about Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) have been conducted by a large number of organizations over the years. While the numbers have varied, the general results show that the public is very aware of UFO sightings and is interested in what may be causing them. Many also show concern that the government is either hiding the truth, or not doing enough to resolve the mystery.

Given that this is a concern, it is incredible that most people don’t look into the evidence. Moreover, when clearly defining UFOs to mean those vehicles that are of non-earth origin, the majority of Americans either doubts their existence or don’t believe in their reality at all. Many even refuse to accept that UFOs and the extraterrestrials (ETs) that occupy them are real even when presented with clear proof.

Some of the confusion is directly related to a misinformation campaign that is being waged against the public. It is obvious that our government knows about the reality of UFOs. Furthermore, it is clear that the government is engaged in a conspiracy to hide the truth. However, if Americans will look the truth is obtainable. These are extraordinary statements but there is plenty of evidence to substantiate them.

This is a pretty good read from what appears to be a regular news source.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by Grey Basket]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Basket

Would you mind telling us the source? It does matter to some degree.

I think that a lot of people at least consider the possibility that some, if not all of the ufos seen are extra-terrestial but how can we be sure what they are or where they come from? Unfortunately, we can only speculate!

I think the internet age has given us a whole new perspective on information gathering where a lot of the information is uncensored...at least if you know where to look. If you look at NASA or SETI, as I used to, then everything is "normal" and scientists continue their mundane boring work.

All one has to do is a search using "ufos", "underground bases", "conspiracy theories", etc to open the gates to hell or universe depending on what you prefer. Why don't more people do that? Why so much ignorance even here on ATS which prides itself with the "Deny Ignorance" slogan?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Don't bother answering the questions above...hint: I already know them!

When I first started researching these topics it was very exciting. After a while it becomes "yeah maybe what he says is true but who really cares...nothing changes" and most people don't care for the truth so why give it to them. I don't even post that much anymore other than sneak a few low blows here and there just to get on "their" nerves a bit.

Its really a shame and pathetic that so many good researchers started out thinking they could make a difference with their information and after the constant harrasment/ridicule say "enough is enough" and simply quit.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
If you told people there were other planets 10 years ago no one would have believed you, now that media is actually showing UFO content the same might happen.

People have to see it on Tv to believe.

[edit on 14/2/2008 by xion329alpha]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by xion329alpha
If you told people there were other planets 10 years ago no one would have believed you, now that media is actually showing UFO content the same might happen.

People have to see it on Tv to believe.

[edit on 14/2/2008 by xion329alpha]

Thats funny. I remember being taught about our solar system at least 15 years ago when I was in 5th or 6th grade. What has changed since then other than the big media monopolies and governmental agencies continuing to mislead people?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I think the enemy in believing UFOs or not is directly on the shoulders of the Government, people is just ready to believe anything the government and military says in the blink of the eye, once people get out of politics and stop believing anything the government tells you, people will realize something is going on. Maybe this is why everyone is so hostile to the U.S., maybe its not them at blame, maybe its this country.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarentack
I think the enemy in believing UFOs or not is directly on the shoulders of the Government, people is just ready to believe anything the government and military says in the blink of the eye, once people get out of politics and stop believing anything the government tells you, people will realize something is going on. Maybe this is why everyone is so hostile to the U.S., maybe its not them at blame, maybe its this country.

I don't think everyone hates the usa. It's more of a love/hate relationship depending on what usa says or does. Arabs dislike all colonial powers because they have been exploited for a long time. Europeans on the other hand are somewhat jealous of losing their past glory. In another decade or two americans will probably be jealous of russia and china

As for who is responsible for the cover-up its a huge topic but governments(notice plural) and media interests imo take the cake. By avoiding and/or belittling ufology they are implying "does not exist"!

[edit on 15-2-2008 by EarthCitizen07]

top topics

join