It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best console?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
All you gaystation fan boi are living in a dream world.
Sure PS2 has more games but XBox has better ones.
quantaty over quality never works.

Xbox and xbox live rule and will do for some time.
Halo 2
Rainbow Six 3
Ghost Recon
Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow
Full spectrom warrior
Project Gothem Racing 2
Crimson Skies
Links 2004...
the list keeps growing.

Now what has the gaystation got for online playing? I'd look but I know it ain't worth it.

As for the Gamecube, tis a quality console but I find some of the games are geared towards the younger end of the market.

Mario is still a God of the video games world.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britman
Now what has the gaystation got for online playing? I'd look but I know it ain't worth it.

Some PLAYstation 2 games you can play online are:

Socom Navy Seals 1 & 2
All the EA Sports games like Madden 2004 and NBA Live 2004
Need For Speed Underground
Those lame Everquest games
All the ESPN Sports titles
Fifa 2004
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Midnight Club 2
NFL Hitz Pro
Nab Street Vol. 1 & 2
NHL Hitz Pro
Resident Evil: Outbreak
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm
All the Tony Hawk Pro Skater titles

But yeah I guess your right, there really are none.

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by BangorangRufio]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BangorangRufio
Some PLAYstation 2 games you can play online are:

Whoa, buddy. I need to get involved with that online play. I'd whoop some a$$! WOOHOO!

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
All systems are really good especially PS2. THE worst one ever will always be XBOX. Anyone who likes it or disagrees with me on the subject of XBOX is not a true gamer.
i give xbox a rating of
which is REALLY bad.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Simply get them all, and be done with it....no fights, no arguements...best of all worlds....

Personally though, I play PS2 games more than most others...

I still even have a WORKING Atari 2600 that is hooked up to an old TV as well as a Nintendo 64 hooked up to it as well.... I still love to play Goldeneye, that is simply one kick ass game....

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Even though it may not have the best games, Gamecube gets my vote because it uses an ATI computer graphics chip which is close to the best out there. But then again, there is the xbox which uses a g-force 4? BUT, ps2 has my vote for the BEST games on the market next to cpu.

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by Jeffrey]

[Edited on 29-2-2004 by Jeffrey]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I disagree with that, but what can ya do...

I own all three. and play each quite a bit.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Xbox, Im sure, but i am a long time Sony lover. I love the PS2.

The end of this year the Ybox and PS3 (it has another name.) around the same time. I will for sure be getting the PS3.

ive heard of PS3 but... Whats a Y box?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
LOL @ you all!

I have got all of them and I go all the way back to the ZX81
Now that was a good console.LOL

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey
Even though it may not have the best games, Gamecube gets my vote because it uses an ATI computer graphics chip which is close to the best out there. But then again, there is the xbox which uses a g-force 4? BUT, ps2 has my vote for the BEST games on the market next to cpu.

[Edited on 29-2-2004 by Jeffrey]

Well... Gamecube does have the best games. And that's why it's my pick for best console, with PS2 coming in second. Xbox isn't even on my radar. Why? Because it has at most 5 really good games that I would want to play, and most of them I can play on my PC. Why would I want to buy another quasi-PC with crappier games?

Oh, and Halo is not the end all be all of video gaming, it's not even a great game, it's a mediocre FPS. I hate when people are like "XBOX rulze Halo uber leet woot!!@!@!" Yeah. I hate that. That's a big reason I dislike the Xbox, but basically it's because of the lack of good games and the overall "PCishness" of it. Who cares if it's a multimedia powerhouse? I don't buy consoles for mp3 players, dvd players, cd burners, and toasters. I but for the games, and thats it. That's why Gamecube has my vote for best console.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I am biased since I dont own any of the others but I have played them. I have yet to finish Wind Waker (stupid shards 8 of them + map for each one!) its awesome though. I also have: Resident Evil (hard), Animal Crossing, Rogue Leader, Madden, Luigis Mansion, Soul Caliber II, Twin Snakes (AWESOME), and Ive played a few others.

(psst PC is better than them all, Half-Life 1&2, RPG's, shooters, strategy)

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
REAL MEN PLAY PC GAMES!!!

BBUUUUUUAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

FEAR MY POWAH!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
My favourite games console would have to be the PS2

Mainly due to it having Final Fantasy and another game i liked which was summoner. And it also plays DVD's

If only it had Zelda though

Rynaldo

XL5

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
PSX 2 has gone downhill into a game war, thats why theres all these "reallty" FPS. I mean, if it wern't for the story behind it the just have 3 of em unreal, metal and wolf and update em each year like sports!

Most of the dam time they degrade premade non-3d platforms real bad and take mario and give him to a new 6yrs old generation. 3D is fine for new games, but leave the big ones alone. Castle vainia for PS2 is ok but look at metriod for the gamebox, if they had a 2D metriod that was 4 times larger/longer then super metriod, then I'd have the gamecube then.

If any one wants a "fun" game, rent metal arms:glitch in the system or ratchet and clank:going commando. All the systems seem to go for the "real" game types and if they try fantasy, then its for young kids. Xbox should do all the real type games (better video processer), game cube should try to listen to gamers more and PS2 should stop listening to the media/money and make fun games like they had in the early years.

Edit: oh yeah, loogies mansion

[Edited on 8-6-2004 by XL5]

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I prefer Nintendo Switch. You can read all the pros and cons of this system here:

Admin Note: Do not post links without permission, you just signed up today.
edit on May 31st 2019 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join