It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(AIASP) The City

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
He opened his eyes and saw nothing but a deep dark black. He tried to move his arms but they were felt paralyzed. He felt nothing covering him, and he tried to lean up, but couldn’t get anywhere. He struggled, trying to get out of the grasp of the invisible object.

Twisting over onto his stomach he was hit with a bright blue light. Squinting his eyes to from the brightness he no longer felt paralyzed. He opened his eyes slowly, and there wasn’t any bright light. He was standing straight up and was facing an empty field covered in green grass.

His body took 4 steps forward, without his mind telling him to do so. He looked around the empty field and then up into the sky. It was clear, with no sun or clouds. He looked back to see where he came from, and saw a small bed.

He took a few more steps forward, trying to decide what to do. Looking around at the landscape he didn’t see the small sheet of glass until he heard it shatter. It shattered into 3 small, sharp pieces with jagged edges. The second he saw the broken glass he felt even more nervous than he previously was.

He wanted to get away, fast. He decided to head in the direction of what looked like a small hill.

He took small steps toward his destination. After a few feet he looked back at the bed that he saw a few seconds before, but he couldn’t find it. It was gone. He quickly turned around to continue his journey and there was a silver trail that led right to the hill he wanted to reach.

He felt an even stronger urge to reach the hill, so he started following the trail.

He heard the wind blowing strongly around him, but he didn’t feel a thing. Nothing surprised him anymore.

The trail was leading through an empty field, nothing was on either side of him, and just a small sight of a hill top told him which way to go. He closed his eyes for a few seconds as he continued walking, thinking about what was happening to him. He heard an evil sounding laugh, and quickly opened his eyes. Even with everything that had happened to him so far, he was shocked.

The field he had been walking through was gone. Everything was gone, except the hill top, which now appeared to have a slight glow. The trail appeared to be floating in air, and there was nothing on either side except pitch black. He couldn’t stop walking though, and he continued walking at the same pace he had been.

He lost control of his eyes and was looking back and forth at the empty space on either side of him. He heard the wind blow even stronger, but still did not feel a thing. The darkness that was around him came to life, like a giant movie screen. He saw short, bright shots of different people in different places. They showed horrible images. He felt sick, but couldn’t look away.

Looking at the images he didn't realize he was getting closer and closer to the hill.

He reached the hill. There were no more images, and the sky went back to normal…or how it had been when he started walking, not quite normal.

On the top of the hill was something he hadn’t seen on his way there, a tower, with a large wooden door. He was again being controlled and walked up to the door, and opened it.

Inside was an empty room, and a bright staircase, which he walked up. The staircase twisted around and kept going higher and higher, and he kept walking until it ended. It ended at a small room, with a small glass window.

He looked out the window and all his scared and confused feelings went away. He was looking right at a great city. It was full people, and looked very inviting. He kept looking at it and didn’t want to turn away.

Suddenly the city disappeared, and all was black outside the window. Everything was gone.

He walked back down the stairway, thinking about what he saw. The image was stuck in his mind.

He left the tower and saw the empty field from which he came. The trail was no longer silver, but made of glass. He could feel the wind now, and it blew into his face as he walked.

He followed the trail back to the bed, which had appeared again. He laid down into it and fell asleep, thinking about the city which he had seen.

FIN.

[edit on 14/2/2008 by enjoies05]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Excellent piece of work. I am still pondering all of the hidden messages and the reality of what this story could hold for any of us? I hope not! Star for you my friend.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If I were you Id edit out the added part where you try to explain the story after the story. No explanation needed. That was very psychedelic and lucid-dream like.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Alright, thank you.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hey Enj.... Great first story! You write very descriptively.
I agree with Skyfloating..just like a very vivid lucid dream...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
How I wished for your character to reach the City -in his dream-state or in reality.

Loved the subtle messages - nice piece of writing. I Enjoied it immensely!

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
I Enjoied it

Thanks

Thanks AD.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I really liked your story.

It reminds me of a few things but I can't mention it because of the T&C's.

It also sounds like a time slip experience.

Good work.

new topics

top topics

join