It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, Hagel, Cantwell Introduce Bill to Fight Global Poverty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Obama, Hagel, Cantwell Introduce Bill to Fight Global Poverty

obama.senate.gov

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senators Barack Obama (D-IL), Chuck Hagel (R-NE) and Maria Cantwell (D-WA) have introduced the Global Poverty Act (S.2433), which requires the President to develop and implement a comprehensive policy to cut extreme global poverty in half by 2015 through aid, trade, debt relief, and coordination with the international community, businesses and NGOs. Representatives Adam Smith (D-WA) and Spencer Bachus (R-AL) sponsored the House version of the bill (H.R. 1302), which passed the House in September.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Here is a translation of what the act entails.

www.blacklistednews.com...

Basically the US would have to pony up 845 billion dollars over the next 13 years. Why are my tax money going to other countries and not towards fixing my own?

obama.senate.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Nevermind.... Old news. Please delete.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Bush doesn't give a squat about poor people in our own country, but he has no problem forking it over to other countries, so I'm sure he'll sign on and leave us stuck with the bill.

I had hoped Obama could come up with some better economic plans. But, from what I understand, his economic advisor is a Republican (correct me if I'm wrong).

top topics

join