It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal immigrants: Heros?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Illegal immigrants: Heros?

www.immigrationwatchdog.com

TRANSLATED FROM:
Presidencia.gob.mx

I know that you have risked your lives in order to give opportunities to your children, to your families. I know that in each one of you thereis a history of heroism and also a history of pain.

A history of heroism because is not easy to leave your country, your house, your Nation and to cross the border risking it all. A history of heroism because each year more than 400 Mexicans die trying to cross the border, perhaps more than in any another part of the world.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
In an open letter to his countrymen, President Calderon tells them that they are "heros" for sneaking across our boders. Awesome, now there's one more incentive for them to flood our country and take what little money we still have in our economy south of the border-They can be a HERO. lol

www.immigrationwatchdog.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The only "illegal" hero's I am willing to accept,...

... are those that join our armed services, and defend our country at the capacity they are best suited for and self-applied to.

And they deserve full citizenship for their honorable contributions.

The way to being an honorable citizen of the USA, regardless of origin, is by standing steadfastly beside the needs of the country of which they wish to reside and claim citizenship.

Just as my forefathers did when they came to this country.

edit - sp & punctuation repairs

[edit on 14-2-2008 by smirkley]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
i am disgusted by washington in this matter. a simple "real" fence would
solve the majority of that problem. calderone, as the prior mexican
president loves american dollars.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by last time here]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
screw mexico and illegal immigration. Illegal immigrants are not heros. they're law breakers. Real mexican heros would take their own country of mexico (which has lots of room, tons of natural resources a decent population and absolutley no friggen excuse to remain so impovershed and pathetic. every other country in their position can at least create afirst rate world nation. whats their excuse. a better country lies just to the north of them so they aren't going to have any pride an fix up the crap hole that they themselves have created out of their own country) Is one that actually tries to make mexico better. not stupid enough to die in droves crossing a desert. when if they put in a little thought (not work) they could create something even better where they already live.

Heros my ass. More like too lazy to spend the time to better their own nation. leeches.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
www.amren.com...

Guide for the Mexican migrant printed by the Mexican government.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The current border laws are immoral, illogical, and contrary to the principles of freedom. There, I said it. We should go to a "security checkpoint only" system wherein you have permanent residency as long as you go thru legal security checkpoints. A dramatic departure from the status quo, I know, but, why not? Most people who are all about tightening our borders are also all about free markets, and, I tell you, humans are a part of any free market. Let people decide freely where to live and work!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
We have evolved so far from our animal counterparts huh? Although, we still claim and kill over territory. Immigration issues sound like an episode of Meerkat Manor to me. True, other countries have many resources. The only thing that makes our country "great" is our ability to exploit.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
Let people decide freely where to live and work!

I don't doubt that some Al Qaeda terrorists would love to freely decide that they come to the US to "work".

What nonsense. Fence the border already, and put some automated turrets on towers.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

That's funny, but I'll respectfully beg to differ. We can have free borders AND security. Secure most of the border all you want and then have security checkpoints where individuals can freely come and go. Just dispense of this abominable system of visas and green cards-all it is is economic protectionism with revised nomenclature.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

That's funny, but I'll respectfully beg to differ. We can have free borders AND security. Secure most of the border all you want and then have security checkpoints where individuals can freely come and go. Just dispense of this abominable system of visas and green cards-all it is is economic protectionism with revised nomenclature.

I like the idea of economic protectionism. Those who extoll the virtues of so called "free trade" have the agenda of undermining amerrican wages, for which earlier generations of Americans fought so hard.

I like economic protectionism because it protects me. And I don't see anything "abominable" in the system of green cards.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Is it still protecting you when you have to pay inflated prices for things made in America?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Is it still protecting you when you have to pay inflated prices for things made in America?

It's protecting me when I don't wear snickers made by child labor in 3rd world countries. It's not an "inflated" price, for goods made in the US. It's a fair price.

It's also protecting me when it would stop the trade deficit with China, which makes it our creditor. It's protecting me against Chinese garlic on vegetable stands in New York, which is simply bizzare.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

It's not protecting you against any of those things, on the contrary it's encouraging them. Any system which keeps the prices of American products artificially high only encourages imports from other countries, where the prices are lower.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

It's not protecting you against any of those things, on the contrary it's encouraging them. Any system which keeps the prices of American products artificially high only encourages imports from other countries, where the prices are lower.

Wait a second...

a) "Artificially high" means made by US workers who are well paid, as compared to poor Asians who work for pennies. There is no artificiality here.
b) Protectionism would make imports difficult, that's my point. I'm sick of all things Chinese in supermarkets.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

1. Any price not resulting from the laws of competition, supply, and demand is artificial.

2. So pour the protectionism on heavy, eh? What do you think the other countries will do if we do that, huh? I'll tell you what they'll do-they'll reciprocate, causing global commerce to grind to a halt, and a major economic downturn will result. Same thing happened in the Great Depression!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

My entire family and I are here under political refugee status. My parents are Cuban, and were brought here after spending 10 years of poverty in Costa Rica. My brother is not yet a citizen, but he is a soldier in the United States Army, and does what he does with pride. I would call myself an activist in many respects. I do take action on many fronts in many ways. I am not yet a citizen. But I don't know another home. I was born in Costa Rica in 1984. We left in '89 and landed in L.A. where we lived for a short time before moving to Las Vegas. My mother is a research scientist formerly in Cuba. She works as a trash lady in Vegas today. My father was a former nurse on his way to becoming a doctor, as well as a military professional, with much education and language mastery. He works as a grease monkey in Kentucky. Doesn't make much money, but is certainly more qualified for alot more.

I tell you all of this to put one thing into perspective. We are here legally, and I fear alot of the time when people talk simply of immigrants, and I fear that the issue is being blurred into something it's not. I want you also to know that illegal immigrants hurt me just as much as they hurt you. Alot of these people cut ahead of the line and people like my family get pushed back or delayed in their paperwork. they cause harm to the process of integration and the circumstances surrounding the immigration issue pose a national security threat. I just want you guys to have an understanding on the difference between the people you complain about and the people who are here legally. I felt it was a legitimate concern, Because I don't want to get kicked out because of some other person who isn't willing to follow the proper channels causes a problem.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I agree that illegal immigrants are a problem, but I feel that our current set of laws has created the problem that they represent. There's no rhyme or reason other than the heavily discredited theory of economic protectionism behind the decision of who to let in and who to not let in.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

You know, I think most people here in the states have no problem with people who go through the proper, legal channels to immigrate here. I for one, have no problem at all with it.

It's the mass influx of people who ILLGALLY sneak over into the country, and take the money they make right back out of the country and spend it in their own that adds to the already diminishing economic situation we're in here. Then we're seeing many of these people who have not even achieved legal status having better government sponsored healthcare benefits than many of us who were born here and have paid into the tax system our whole lives! THIS is the type of stuff that drives the average working class american batty. You are doing everything by the book and I commend you for it.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The Mexican government has been medddling in our internal politics for a long time. It is their express intention to retake the Southwest of the USA by flooding those states with illegal immigrants. They hope to accomplish that goal by 2080.

Here a map of what the Mexican Government want the USA to look like soon!
www.mnforsustain.org...

top topics

join