It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lets give it up for big trouble in little china

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
this movie is a friggin classic. it is coming on at 2pm so i will get to watch it for the tenth time....
awesome characters.....the three storms and lo pan....egg shan

if you have not seen this, you must.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Big Trouble in Little China is a John Carpenter classic. I try to watch it whenever it's on. Carpenter had some real 80s gems.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
damn straight it is a classic..
it's all in the reflexes..
you know to this day i have not met an asian chick with green eyes.
thats true too

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hey Boon that was such a great film, I loved the comedy and cheesey martial arts!!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
Hey Boon that was such a great film, I loved the comedy and cheesey martial arts!!

thats what makes it so roxors....the three storms riding down the lightning.
the one dude that looks like rayden from mortal combat...
the big battle they witness while they are sitting in the big rig.

i love it...glad they have not tried to remake it....it would not be the same without the cheese factor

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This movie is one of my all time favorites. A true classic. Kurts character is a true american hero

JbT

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
"...You leave Jack Burton Alone!!!1"

Much love for this movie.

My favorite part is when David Lo Pan puts his pinky fingers together and lets out that high pitched squeal.

And of course,
: Thunder, Rain & Lightning

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JbT

porkchop express for life yo

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Yes I agree with you! The movie is a classic and they should revive it somehow, add a long overdue sequel or something.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

dude just wait is seems to be the trend now a day with remaking old movies with dried up old actors. Indiana jones, rambo, rocky, then the new old tv shows, night rider, and american gladiators. They need to just leave the classics alone, they will just ruin them. You are right what makes them good is the cheese factor, and that is ruined when they are remade.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Ok, you people! Sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president. "

Best line ever.

Followed a close second by...

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Wang Chi: Here's to the Army and Navy and the battles they have won; here's to America's colors, the colors that never run.

Jack Burton: May the wings of liberty never lose a feather.

This movie is on my top 10 all-time favorites list. Good call Boondock78; it's nice to see that a true movie classic is appreciated for what it is. Good times, fo sure!

new topics

top topics

join