It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if the US goes bankrupt?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There have been so many horrible missteps by the Bush Administration since they've been in office that I sometimes wonder if their actions are deliberate.

Bush has a lot of Saudi pals who wouldn't mind if the US goes down - maybe Bush has absorbed some of that thinking.

Maybe TPTB would like to see the end of the US so they can increase globalization and institute a global government.

I guess I have a few questions if some in our government have been coopted and are working for the "other side."

What happens to the world if the US economy goes bust? A lot of people in the financial sector have been talking about decoupling - or a US economy functioning seperately from the global economy - but I think this rationale is naive considering the extensive interconnections in global financial markets. So, what happens if the US economy bites the farm?

Who benefits if the US economy crashes? Do they gain enough to make it worth doing? Does it give any particular entities power they would not otherwise have?

If some bad player wanted to crash the US economy, could they operate and bring it about without getting caught and exposing their plans?

Do you, personally, think the economic problems in the US is a random event, or something brought about by hidden players?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
one thing we need to keep in mind is that the US and China economies are pretty well intertwined. they get money from exports to the US, which they use to invest in our economy (buy some of our debt.) if the US population stops consuming products (almost all come from China now), then the Chinese export business will tank, at least a little. a bad US economy means lower dollar value, which means the Chinese will have less of a reason to maintain their investment in the dollar. if they dump that investment, we're royally screwed.

i'm willing to bet we'd see similar problems with other countries.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Nobody wants the US economy to go under because if it does the rest of the world is gonna be worse off than we are. Its difficult to concieve exactly how America would go broke but if it did, the rest of the world would be really bad off because it more or less revolves around American consumption. Furthermore, many countries, China included, are either third world or close to it, so a depression would be worse for them that it would for us.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
Nobody wants the US economy to go under because if it does the rest of the world is gonna be worse off than we are. Its difficult to concieve exactly how America would go broke but if it did, the rest of the world would be really bad off because it more or less revolves around American consumption. Furthermore, many countries, China included, are either third world or close to it, so a depression would be worse for them that it would for us.

HAHAHA America is Broke, look at the Deficit(spelling) .

GM just announced its buying out 78,000 hourly workers, in other words thats another 78,000 lost jobs.
The feds just keep printing more and more $$ and all that does is drive the value of the dollar lower.

We have China and other countries buying into US companies to keep them from going belly up. Aspecially the BIG Mortgage companies.

Just open your eyes as we no longer have the manufacturing jobs as 25yrs ago . What do we Manufacture as Americans? DEBT. The mortality of "keep up with the neighbor" New $40,000 automobile, Bigger house 5 bedroom only its just you and your spouse who live there, what a waste.

One day we will wake up and the looting will have began and $1,000 wont buy a loaf of bread.

Good luck .

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Nailer

I've been reading posts like these for years and it all comes across as Chicken Little to me now. Where oh where is this long-proclaimed collapse?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If the U.S. Govenment goes bankrupt there goes my social security disability stipend. My VA medical benefits and all that but I will still tend my garden and thank my stars I don't buy my seed from Monsantos and ADM.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

How do you know what happens to our social security? Will the checks stop if the country has a depression?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Personally I believe that a one world currency will have to come about. Like the Euro. Since there is no real money anyway (everything is backed by the peoples labor, their homes, their children and their children children's labor etc.) as collateral for the printed money.

Face it. Frodo lost the Ring... Bush found it... now someone else will inherit it next!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Grover didnt say if we have a depression, he said if the US goes bankrupt.

If the US went bankrupt, you had better believe that there will be no social security, in fact, by way of definition, what social security could there possibly be within a bankrupt nation. Just social turmoil.

AB1

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If the U.S. declares bankruptcy the following will happen:

1. World Wide Great Depression
2. Third World Countries will have massive starvation.
3. Europe will starve
4. China will fall apart and starve
5. The Middle East will go belly up (No Gas, No Money)
6. The United States will have some starvation but since we produce most of the worlds food, most of us will survive.
7. Mexico will go under, massive starvation and disease there.
8. Canada will be rocked, most will survive as they are mostly an agricultural economy.
9. Central/Latin America will collapse, not a lot of starvation, they were already.
10. Africa will starve even more.
11. Pacific Island nations will go on without a problem.
12. There will be war
13. The Soviet Union will implode, most likely will be attacked by the Chinese in need of resources.
14. Japan will have massive starvation and will completely implode, they have no natural resources of their own.
Lots of other things that art not so good.

BTW, Roger K. Young of the LDS predicted this would happen with Bush Jr. in the Whitehouse back in 1984. Check it out on his website.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The US will never go bankrupt. You have a 14.5 trillion dollar economy that has been growing year after year and is still growing with no signs of letting up. Is there going to be a brief slowdown? Sure. But it always continues to go up and up.

For those screaming about the "evil" deficit consider this.

Source

During the Eisenhower years the deficit as a % of the gdp was 120%!!! But you look what happened after and you seen that it was one the smartest investments in the 20th century if you follow the following 20 years.

People forget that when the you take out a loan you are buying goods or services with that debt.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Cool Hand Luke]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It already went bankrupt.

America is owned by the IMF. Tis true.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AWingAndASigh

Watch this... It's frightening...

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Shocka]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Shocka

I see your propaganda and raise you some facts

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
EDIT: dangit Double post

this be a two liner

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I believe all energy, land, resources belonging to the USA are lien assets of the Federal Reserve, at which point a bankruptcy would allow the Fed to seize all land, energy and resources of the USA, including land already owned by landowners.

Fed can just do a big asset grab... the joy.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
If the U.S. declares bankruptcy the following will happen:

1. World Wide Great Depression
2. Third World Countries will have massive starvation.
3. Europe will starve
4. China will fall apart and starve
5. The Middle East will go belly up (No Gas, No Money)
6. The United States will have some starvation but since we produce most of the worlds food, most of us will survive.
7. Mexico will go under, massive starvation and disease there.
8. Canada will be rocked, most will survive as they are mostly an agricultural economy.
9. Central/Latin America will collapse, not a lot of starvation, they were already.
10. Africa will starve even more.
11. Pacific Island nations will go on without a problem.
12. There will be war
13. The Soviet Union will implode, most likely will be attacked by the Chinese in need of resources.
14. Japan will have massive starvation and will completely implode, they have no natural resources of their own.

Lol, well someones a little scaremonger arent they

China will not starve, their economy is more stable than that of the USA, and they are currently the richest country in the world. In fact the USA owes China money (as the US is already billions of dollars in debt)

And China will not attack their ally (who will also not collapse)

I hope you dont have a panic attack....seriously

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
If USA goes bankrupt it will create a war with Russia, China. Iran, Venezuala and North Korea. The earth will be divided into two diffferent groups and will result in global war.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
If USA goes bankrupt it will create a war with Russia, China. Iran, Venezuala and North Korea. The earth will be divided into two diffferent groups and will result in global war.

Newsflash

The USA is already bankrupt.....they are billions of dollars in debt

Lol, war with venezuala....that made my day

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join