It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why me.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

hmm... strange jovie, but... I've never had to pretend to be something I'm not, to be noticed. I've always been my sweet little sensitive self and have done just fine. If you feel the need to brag though about how manly you are then maybe you're trying to compensate for something?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jovi1
As to the notion that strippers are nasty disgusting and skanky, obviously you haven't ever talked to any before otherwise you would know that for the most part they are some of the most real women you could ever meet.

Actually smarty, I used to have one for a girlfriend and we lived together for awhile... I became familiar with the business and have talked to many who are in that business. The more I learned, the more revolted I felt. I ended things and have no regrets about it. It takes a certain lack of depth in someone's character to be able to do that for a living, that's my opinion and if you don't share it then congratulations you're the kind of typical mindless man that women make fun of. Oh but wait I forgot, you're a real stud muffin aren't ya! My apologies... darn short term memory.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachelor

It isn't bragging in fact not once did I even mention how many women I have been with. It is stating a position of how I am. I don't feel the need to prove my manliness but I do celebrate it and unashamedly. And I am not afraid to be exactly who I am.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

Nothing wrong with being who you are, just don't go assuming everyone else needs to be the same way.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePiemaker

Make me a pie plz?

I want a delicious egg custard pie.

god that sounds good...

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by outrider

HAHA! that's funny, well not ur pain i mean but just the story, as you get older it will be one of those "People are People" stories, I'm not sure how old you are(i'm only 27) but to be honest it happens, it might be your fault, it might not.

I've had bad luck this valentines day myself, but to be honest I'm not going to let it bother me. I wont offer any advice, but dude if you need to vent, this forum is always an open ear, and it helps believe it or not.

my advice, spend at least a couple days utterly drunk and depressed(only if she was important), add a splash of funny movies, crazy ass friends and lots and lots of girls with no strings attached!

it sounds extreme, but your young(or younger than i am), youth is so short, don't waist it on something that you will forget about in 2 years!

just my advice. take care dude

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by outrider

Hello outrider

I just came across your post. My sincere heartfelt condolences to you, now that a few days have past I hope the hurt has subsided a little... especially to have it happen to you on a day that is celebrated with "love".

I reckon get back into the swing of things immediately and start spending more time with your mates and doing things that you enjoy... Lift your spirits. The sooner you try and start having fun, the balance of the scales will tip in your favour and you will be a "winner" over all...

Best of luck to you. No-one deserves to be hurt.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

You can tell much from a post in regard to one's age and mental stature. I would wager that what you think to be great advice and approach are the norm for men. Unfortunately, like you, it is the norm. The most insecure men are those who play up their masculinity and that is the greatest sign of one's insecurity regarding their masculinity. Men who have to prove anything to other men by way of their conquering the masses of women are indeed confined within a box of irrational reasoning.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey
reply to post by Jovi1

You can tell much from a post in regard to one's age and mental stature. I would wager that what you think to be great advice and approach are the norm for men. Unfortunately, like you, it is the norm. The most insecure men are those who play up their masculinity and that is the greatest sign of one's insecurity regarding their masculinity. Men who have to prove anything to other men by way of their conquering the masses of women are indeed confined within a box of irrational reasoning.

I'm assuming you were commenting on my post above. As for my maturity level, Yes i'm quite immature, i still watch cartoons, listen to music, like to laugh at improper things.

Do I believe it was great advice i gave? not really, great advice would be "build your innerself to the point that you are not dependent on the love and comfort from others love is not the end all ,be all of life. "

but to be honest the guy sounds young, and he should have fun. after 3 or 4 girls I would wager that he would forget all about his Ex-infatuation, the no strings attached part of the advice is so he doesn't just transfer emotions and attachment from one relationship to another.

I don't believe that a man can only be a man by sleeping with lots and lots of women. and i personally don't feel that sleeping with lots of girls quantifies as some sort of special accomplishment.

If I offended you with my previous post, than i would like to apologize, it was not the most well written post. but it was meant in goodwill, as for you apparant distate for my personality traits, its sad that you think after reading a couple sentences that you would be able to "guess" at what kind of person I am.

But Hey! its a free country!! =)

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bordnlazy

Actually, that original post was not directed at you but at Jovi1. I can see how you may have thought that it was directed at you, since your post was somewhat similar to Jovi1's.

Did either one of you offend me by what you wrote? No, it has nothing to do with offense as much as advice given. You said you are 27, I am 49, and the reason I replied as I did comes by way of experience. It is no more than someone older looking at the situation, the advice given, knowing the advice is not the best remedy for the situation.

Like the poster said, the girl felt strained by the relationship. Instead of going out and living it up, I think I would examine what caused the strain and if it was attributed to my behavior in some way, then I would rather take note of that, attempt to correct it, so that in future relationships, they don't have the same outcome. People can go around the same mountain all their life and assume it is the "other person" when in fact the problem stems from within them.

Whether that applies in this case, I have no idea, but it was just some advice to look into. What I will say to you, as well as Jovi1: likewise, if I have offended you, then yes, I do sincerely apologize.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Ok for one the advise I give stands this is a good way for one who is young and just learning about the world, but where I did fail at something was making clear that it is not necessary to sleep with thousands of women, you should be selective in that regard but that merely to go out and enjoy the company of different women, why go to a strip club simple because it is all illusion nothing more a safe way to get a little attention without having to immerse yourself emotionally. That is what thier job really is.

As to my age I am 32 and loving it. And I have been around the block many times, and contray to your belief it isnt about exerting or striving to exert an overt masculinity it is simply letting the natural male instictivness out, this is where most of these young men fail themselves. This is the neutering of the male persona I refer to, There are two types of men to women, the men they say they want and the ones that they cant help but want. And the truth is they are not the same.

But this also goes without saying that of course one needs to look inwardly it goes without saying you are right you can not ever grow without introspection, this was taken as a given therefore not mentioned being as such. A sad truth is however at his age being overtly emotional and weepy isnt going to get him very far and is likely right now, a major cause in her feeling overwhelmed.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Problem solved: Get a dog. Your dog will be happy to see you, it will always be waiting for you, it will lick you face like its favorite meal, it will keep you warm when your cold, it will look at you with pity when your down and lift your spirit with little tricks it plays on you, it will steal your food and you will laugh, It never will say the wrong thing, you can say whatever you want to it and it won't argue back, it won't spend your money, it won't steal your favorite t-shirts, it will watch tv with you and not complain about how boring the jedi master is and bla, bla, bla.

Never allow a woman to know they won. For if they know, they will destroy you.

Now, if the dog thing is out of the question...........

Do this, no matter how devastated you are and your world is closing in on you, don't call her, don't inquire about her, smile even though it hurts. If you see her about, ignore her, your friends talk about her, change the subject, her friends talk about her, just let out a sincere laugh and talk about something else.

The more you act that she means little to you, the more she will become inraged and finally stoop to calling you because your a tough nut and she loves those kind.

Ya have to know how to play the game of love!!!!! Take it or leave it.

Did you know the happiest couples are apart most the time.

Good luck with starting over!

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey
reply to post by bordnlazy

Actually, that original post was not directed at you but at Jovi1. I can see how you may have thought that it was directed at you, since your post was somewhat similar to Jovi1's.

Did either one of you offend me by what you wrote? No, it has nothing to do with offense as much as advice given. You said you are 27, I am 49, and the reason I replied as I did comes by way of experience. It is no more than someone older looking at the situation, the advice given, knowing the advice is not the best remedy for the situation.

Like the poster said, the girl felt strained by the relationship. Instead of going out and living it up, I think I would examine what caused the strain and if it was attributed to my behavior in some way, then I would rather take note of that, attempt to correct it, so that in future relationships, they don't have the same outcome. People can go around the same mountain all their life and assume it is the "other person" when in fact the problem stems from within them.

Whether that applies in this case, I have no idea, but it was just some advice to look into. What I will say to you, as well as Jovi1: likewise, if I have offended you, then yes, I do sincerely apologize.

Not a problem, Thank you for the kind reply Sir. It was obviously my Misunderstanding, and now that you told me more about yourself, i totally agree with your response.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join