It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dannebrog burns in Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Dannebrog burns in Pakistan

politiken.dk

Demonstranter brænder dansk flag af i Pakistan i protest imod, at profettegningerne er genoptrykt i danske aviser.

Translation of snippet:
Demonstrators are burning Danish flags in Pakistan in protest of the reprint of cartoonistic drawings of the profet in Danish papers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ekstrabladet.dk
www.dr.dk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
ekstrabladet.dk...
ekstrabladet.dk...

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I appologise for only linking links to Danish papers, I was unable at the moment to find more international links.

This event comes as police in Denmark foiled a supposed assassination of one of the cartoonists.

Will we see the same problems arise once again as last time?

Time can only tell...

politiken.dk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14/2/08 by flice]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Translation of story from politiken.dk:

A group of demonstrators in the city of Karachi in the southern Pakistan has been on the street to protest against Danish papers reprinting the cartoonistic drawings of the prophet Muhammed from 2005

Witnesses state that a group of around 50 fundamentalist muslim students demonstrated and burned a Danish flag.

"We should not be affraid of sacrifising our life for the protection of our prophet", one of the participants in the demonstration said.

And against the pakistanian president
During the demonstrations against the drawings two years ago two people was killed in the country.

At the same time a muslim priest promised a reward of one million dollars along with a new car to anyone who killed one of the artist behind the Muhammed drawings.

Nevertheless it was not only Denmark who was the topic of the islamists today.
There was also cursing against Pakistans president, Pervez Musharraf and USA's president George Bush.

A high ranking official in the province says that the security concerning all diplomatic missions has been hightend.

[edit on 14/2/08 by flice]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well, it was only to be expected, by such a stupid action as to reprint them.

What was it our Queen said in a New Years speech a few years back, about Danish people's attitude towards immigrants and the way they talk about them?

She made up a new word to describe such remarks; she called them 'stupid-proud' (dumstolte).

I think that's excactly the word that fits to describe the reprints.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

So we should sensor speech to ensure we don't hurt peoples feelings?

I will sooner burn a Pakistani flag.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
No, we shouldn't provoke any for the sake of provocation only.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Iranians have called Denmarks Teheran ambassador to a serious talk over this issue and they say that Iranian leadership is very angry over this reprint issue.

Source is YLE News.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I can't fathom why they would re-print this cartoon after all the crap they went through the last time.

The old adage comes to mind... two wrongs don't make a right.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon
She made up a new word to describe such remarks; she called them 'stupid-proud' (dumstolte).

There's a Malay compound word called bodoh-sombong. It literally translates to 'stupid-proud'. The English translation however is 'arrogance' or 'hubris'.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Great info, Beach.

Of course arrogant was what she meant, but she didn't say that, as she wants the family to keep the throne.

But the arrogance by which Danish people associates with other ethnics can be very appalling.

In other words she addressed xenophobia.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
I can't fathom why they would re-print this cartoon after all the crap they went through the last time.

The old adage comes to mind... two wrongs don't make a right.

Since when is FREE SPEECH A WRONG?

Who gives a DAMN if its "antagonizing" because these theocratic bastards get upset that the world does not conform to their backwards logic!

Reprint the cartoon everyday.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I don't know if it has hit the international news yet. But the fanatic religious muslims in Denmark have last night retaliated with burnings of Danish schools and other various property.
This happens side by side with our local autonomous groups that you might previously have read about when there was some trouble about a certain house being torn down in Central Copenhagen.

It is time to have a look at our world and have a redefinition of what tolerance is!
We have now for millenia tried to make religions live in balance, or more precisely, tried to enforce our religion as the most valuable, "right", "best for man". Apart from one religion, which in fact really is a philosophy, all this trying has been in ignorance, blinded by false idolities and we have come no further...

It is time to face that when we talk about tolerance, it does NOT include the likes of religion. Religion is in every way (when you put an idol behind everything you say instead of common sense) a direct and a utter failure for a modern society that wishes to evolve. Wether you're christian, muslim, jewish etc. attempting to control a freeborn human being in the name of a god that you have no tangible evidence of ever existed except from words of those who could actually profit from it is NOT ok.

I know I'm not allowed to encourage violent retaliation against any religious fanatic who is willing to hurt free people in the name of his god.
I know it is unintelligent to answer one ill favor with another.
I know that I can't entice people to uphold total freedom from religious people by the means of weapons...

But I would sure like to!

Obey the laws of the free country you live in... not the religion under which you suffer!

If you think your country is not a free one... well, what do YOU have to do then?

[edit on 16/2/08 by flice]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Original article:

ekstrabladet.dk...

Denmark was in flames tonight
All over the country young people with other ethnic background than Danish has pillaged and burned schools and cars. Sjælland is hit hardest.

For the sixth night in a row Copenhagen, the rest of Sjælland and Aarhus has been plagued by fires and destruction of property by young people of other ethnical backgrounds than Danish.
Moreover several young people has been arrested for throwing rocks at police patrolcars... the police had another busy night.

Again tonight the trouble in Copenhagen was concentrated around Nørrebro and the north-west area, but also in Valby young people tried to set fire to a parked car with a molotovcocktail.

The nights encounters let to seven arrests of young people. All in the age between 15 and 17.

It's the kids who are out playing cops and robbers, the leader of the central invstigation team by Copenhagen policedepartment, Lay Thygesen says to ekstrabladet.dk.

The schools are burning
It was posibly also young boys with other ethnic backgrounds than Danish that set fire to Magistervejens Skole in Copenhagens north-west area. The extent of the damages are not yet known.

It would appear though that the police is starting to use new means to try to dampen the wave of destruction, violence and fire. Often this kind of mischief would lead to charges of misdemeanor. But tonight the police in Copenhagen has chosen to charge the offenders with harder paragraphs of the Danish law so the youths can be brought to court and inprisoned.

In Bagsværd one of the buildings at Værebroskolen disappeared in flames and in Høje Gladsaxe close by, the firedepartment was also busy the whole night throughout the night with putting out small fires all over town.

The police has intensified patrols around the schools.

According to the central leader on duty at Copenhagen Policedepartment, Jakob Kristensen, the unsettlements are orchestrated by small groups of 5-10 people.

- To begin with we saw a a lot of ambushing the police and firedepartment through setting fires. This is not the image we had tonight. Now more of the efforts seems to be about tipping over cars, setting them on fire and run away, Jakob Kristensen says.

Amongst others a 15-year-old is being charged of throwing a rock against the front window of a patrolcar.

Sjælland hit hardest
In Greve about 15 young boys set fire to no less than eight cars on a parking lot and gasstation was vandalised.
When the police came they were met with throwing of stones. The police was succesful in dispersing the group of offenders but they made no arrests.

Arrests however was made in Kalundbord which has also been plagued by small fire throughout the night. Two young people were arrested.

Also in Nordsjælland there was heated encounters.

- From 20.25 to 20.50 we received 12 reports about cars set on fire. It was concentrated around Holmegårdsparken, Islandshøjparken and Mellemengen. We haven't made any arrests and there are no large groups of young people gathered at this moment, the officer in charge at Nordsjællands Policedepartment say, Henrik Hattel, says and adds that the firedepartment so far has been able to work in peace.

In Birkerød two cars have be set alight at a cardealer's, while a single car is burning in the parking cellar under Nygårdsterrasserne in Farum Midtpunkt.

There were lots of small container fires in other towns around Sjælland.

Aarhus in flames
Also the nation second largest city has had a busy night.

The police and firedepartment was again bombarded with large rocks thrown by angry youngsters. The unsettlements this time spread from Gellerup to Viby and Risskov, where youngsters set fire to containers. The firedepartment repsponded to atleast 17 deliberate fires around Aarhus.
This is reported by Østjyllands Policedepartment.

A 17-year-old man, who threw a large rock at a patrolcar has been arrested.

In Odense there has been some deliberate fire in some containers in the subburb of Dalum. The officer in charge at Fyns Policedepartment however could not be sure it was related to the rest of the fires around the country.

reply to post by Rockpuck

I salute you Rock!

We need more people to release themselves from the ancient chains of religion... any religion!

Although I don't believe in communism, I would like to repeat one beautiful statement once made:

"Religion is poison"

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

These riots started well before the latest cartoon reprints and a lot of other factions beside muslims are participating.

Please read more from the last pages of:
Riots In Copenhagen After Antiterror Unit Cleared Ungdomshuset thread

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Europe is learning the hard way. Multi national societies do not last.

Not multi ethnical. Multi culture, multi national, and deeply divided religions.

Throw them out.

top topics

join