It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Administration Hides More Data, Shuts Down Website Tracking U.S. Economic Indicators

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Bush Administration Hides More Data, Shuts Down Website Tracking U.S. Economic Indicators

thinkprogress.org

The U.S. economy is faltering. Family debt is on the rise, benefits are disappearing, the deficit is skyrocketing, and the mortgage crisis has worsened. Conservatives have attempted to deflect attention from the crisis, by blaming the media’s negative coverage and insisting the United States is not headed toward a recession, despite what economists are predicting.

The Bush administration’s latest move is to simply hide the data.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Well, no surprises here, of course.

Just cover it up, it's all good!

Like sweeping dirt under the rug.

However, maybe it's good to hide this so people don't use the information to help fuel and speed up the recession.

Hmmm.....

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Our government is turning into a dictatorship, with the worst president the history of this nation has even seen.

This president has been able to hide and have data manipulated for the last 4 or more years since his spending spree on wars started.

Is data that has not been updated since 2002 when it comes to companies leaving the US and foreign nations buying American companies.

What I can not understand is why we as the citizens of this nation keep allowing this traitors in the government keep thinking that we are dumb and stupid.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Sigh. Its like a few years back the states governors complained about how much less money they were getting from this administration based on the federal government's own published estimates. Bushes response? To order those publiciations be ceased.

I cannot wait until this pathetic little man oozes off into the sunset.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Our government is turning into a dictatorship, with the worst president the history of this nation has even seen.

This president has been able to hide and have data manipulated for the last 4 or more years since his spending spree on wars started.

Is data that has not been updated since 2002 when it comes to companies leaving the US and foreign nations buying American companies.

What I can not understand is why we as the citizens of this nation keep allowing this traitors in the government keep thinking that we are dumb and stupid.

They think we are stupid because for the last 7 years or so we really haven't proven otherwise.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I am afraid my friend that you may be right, I for one keep E-mailing my state representatives but I feel that it goes on right into the trash bin.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
My girl friend and I spend alot of time writing congress and various world leaders. They actually find it hard to ignore us because we flood them with these letters prompting them to respond. And they do respond. When they can't clear their mail boxes or inboxes in the space of a day, they will respond just to get you to stop...But you don't stop. You keep going. Until they pull their heads out of their asses and give you something you can take to the press.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The last 7 years? Throughout the 35 years of my voting life I have rarely seen voters use their heads for anything more than a hat rack. Sad but true. If any politician attempts to tell the American public anything that even vaguely approaches the truth he might as well kiss his career goodbye.

For the most part we just don't want to know. Its easier to say for example that global warming is a scam than to examine how you live your life and determine how to lessen its impact upon the environment. I have repeatedly tried to enlighten people about the lies and depradations of this criminal administration to actually in some cases being told that they didn't want to know, that it was too much to deal with.

We are getting what we deserve... and thanks to that we are well on our way down. The American apex has past.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It's not so much that the ostrich has it's head in the sand.... it's more like, the only thing sticking out of the hole are it's blessed feet!!

I wonder if they secretly employed Sadam's Information Minister to come up with these ideas?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I thin a good analogy for the american government at the mo is this

"The american government is like that recent french broker who lost billions. He knew how to hide his losses from view and he could carry on, betting on the markets"

Just like the usa government, they just want to project out that they are in good shape, but in reality, well you guys already know.

Anyhow, Bernake, is on tv right now, saying is all not rosy.

[edit on 2/14/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

So I noticed, but funny as they start to talk in congress the DOW started to fall, I wonder if their do better keeping their mouth shut.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
There are some scary politics associated with our economic decline. I'm glad to see another ATS member beating this drum.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I just don't have any more outrage left for this one. This administration has depleted my substantial--I once thought endless--reserves.

As if arrogance, secrecy, lies and intimidation weren't enough, now we have outright censorship on a truly Orwellian level.

The pathetic part of it all is that they, in their staggering delusion, think that killing the messenger will somehow also kill the message.

Pathetic, and disgusting.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I agree with everyone here. I think that the fact that Bush is clearly demonstrating a 'need to know' basis, is disgusting.

The American people should have the right to know what's going on in their own country.

However, and I'm not saying this to start another bigbert81 bashing, but this actually might have a bit of good attached in that, the less people hear of a recession, the less it speeds it up. And the more it takes away the fear of one so that people are willing to spend money.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
The last 7 years? Throughout the 35 years of my voting life I have rarely seen voters use their heads for anything more than a hat rack. Sad but true. If any politician attempts to tell the American public anything that even vaguely approaches the truth he might as well kiss his career goodbye.

For the most part we just don't want to know. Its easier to say for example that global warming is a scam than to examine how you live your life and determine how to lessen its impact upon the environment. I have repeatedly tried to enlighten people about the lies and depradations of this criminal administration to actually in some cases being told that they didn't want to know, that it was too much to deal with.

We are getting what we deserve... and thanks to that we are well on our way down. The American apex has past.

Yes, you are correct. But I will say that the brand of stupidity being shown by the public in this day and age far outweigh any of the past. It's just a totally different animal. Instead of voting for a politician we think could be lying, we are now voting for the ones we KNOW are lying. We take a ridiculously passive stance on issues that are important. The American people have become pussified in terms of standing up to their government and saying "You people work for us, do what we say!". Instead we let them do what ever they want. Because we would rather spend time watching Britney's cheese slip off her cracker, because that is news. Huh? I thought Americans were proud to be American, and everyday I watch people abandon the very thing that makes them American, the very thing that America's culture is made of. Everyday, bit by bit, it is suppressed in the minds of all Americans. The force that separates us, the force that causes us to abandon our own identity is called Fear. We used to be a proud country, but it looks that our pride is missing us this time around. Rather than leadership and innovation we have lead ourselves and the world down a complacent road, filled with cynicism and Fear around every corner. Where once we lead with courage into the world's toughest challenges, we now cower in fear of ever having to meet them. Why? People used to look forward to coming to America, now they see us as a negative force in the world. Is this what we want?

Global Warming is the quintessential issue behind our complacency and our cowardice. What happened to us that we can't mobilize to meet this challenge? Hasn't America proven time and time again that we are well qualified to save the world? Why can't we lead in this cause? What happened to our cojones? Our innovative spirit, our "no challenge is too big" approach to our policies and projects. What happened to wanting to spread positive ideas around the world? What happened to being the force that fights the bullies? Why are we now the bully?

I woke up this morning to a CNN story discussing Putin's comments about nuking or attacking any country that adopts our missile shield technology. Then I heard about Hezbollah declaring an open war against Israel. Pakistan is losing stability. More and more attacks are taking place in Afghanistan and we're having to take and retake in Iraq to this day. Things are going wrong left and right and have been from the very beginning. And no one seemed to notice. There is alot at stake today than ever before. Nuclear confrontation is becoming more and more a very real threat. WW 3 can be seen stalking our sense of fear. We need to take a stand now. We cannot allow everything we have fought for as a nation of courage to be destroyed as a result of becoming a nation of fear. I don't wanna die. I want to live because life is just starting to get interesting for me. I'm 23 years old goddamn it. And I have two little nieces that deserve a chance to live. To get older, go to school, get a first kiss, get married or go for a career and be professional women. Or do both! I want to have children with my soon to be wife, and partner in crime. We see a future for us, and it is beautiful and all I want is a chance to see it happen. I don't want that taken away from me because we refused to talk. Because talking became something un-American, something treasonous. This is not the world any parent or potential parent want for their children. As a matter of fact every parent I have ever known teach their kids to be kind and respectful, and to shun violence and look for other ways to deal with a problem...to share with those that do not have. To embrace brotherhood and friendship. Why can't we listen to our parents? Why can't we listen to what our individual faiths teach us? Why can't we look into the faces of what we have and see, truly see, what is important to us. The smile of our children? Or the power of our military? The kiss of you significant other or the pillar of salt you will kiss goodbye as the bombs come down on us?

What could be more important than life? What could be more important than allowing our children to have peace? I'm tired of fighting, and I want to live and love. I don't know about the rest of you.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

this actually might have a bit of good attached in that, the less people hear of a recession, the less it speeds it up. And the more it takes away the fear of one so that people are willing to spend money

"Ignorance is bliss."

To let the peons go blindly into the meatgrinder while the big boys buy up their assets for pennies on the (paper) dollar is no way to run a "free" country.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by gottago]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I wish I could say this was unbelievable, but - sadly - this has become status quo. I swear, more and more this administration reminds me of the movie V for Vendetta. You can not even make some of this stuff up.

I think it's outrageous that there is money in the so-called "budget" (read deficit financing) for Congress to waste time convening hearings on steroids in baseball ( what a dog and pony show!) but supposedly there are not enough funds to maintain a meaningful and useful avenue of economic information for the American public.

It is so obviously an attempt to control our access to information related to our disasterous economy. I wonder how many bloggers use that site to connect the dots for their readers?

This is seriously one of the most important threads on the board right now.
Starred and flagged.

[edit on 14/2/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
While I hope for otherwise, I have come to expect that things will only get much worse, before they ever get better. I guess we may even have to hit 'rock-bottom' before as a nation we wake up to all of the ways we have misgoverned ourselves...and as a consequence demand real change.

While it can be argued that the seeds for our decline may have been planted long ago, I am now beginning to believe that history will record 9/11 as the material turning point where we committed ourselves to our own destruction.

I fear Bush will get his legacy- just not the one he thinks. And 'We the People' will rightfully share in the blame.

Welcome to our 'new' Nation...where apathy was converted into fear...where accountability and balance of power were converted into the unitary executive...where differences in the domestic politics of fellow Americans were converted into either the actual 'enemy' or sympathy for 'the enemy'...and where the promise of prosperity was converted into the cold hard reality of economic hardship.

It's all very depressing...

I wonder what's on TV?

*click* ...*click*,*click*

[edit on 14-2-2008 by loam]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Its all just a bad dream. All we need is for some one to wake us up. Some one like Ron Paul, to say, wake up people, I am here, lets get it back to where we belonged prior to 911.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Well because knowing whether a baseball player used steriods is our primary concern, and should remain so.

I mean, what has this country become with people like Roger Clemens using illegal drugs to do better?

THESE are the important issues here people! Not whatever goes on behind the scenes of the country we live in or the country that has changed the world recently.

Oh, and Britney Spears.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join