It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine a sexual world

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think you are right. Sex is portrayed as a sin, yet we were born to do it. So if it is a sin like Religion says it is, then why are we born the way be are born?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

But dont forget that no longer blushing and no longer having a few taboos, makes something less exciting/desirable.

Genius. Haha, I was just thinking that.

Remember those old boring Scandanavian nudist colony flicks with everyone romping around in the countryside nekkid? Completely boring.

Compare this to a nearly fully clothed Angelina Jolie:

Definitely want to keep some of that 'taboo' aspect to keep it interesting. Good post.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

I have no educated related comment to make on this thread, It had a catchy title so I thought I would have a look. I do want to say however that If that is a real picture of you then From what I can tell your pretty hot!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Point made with the Angelina Jolie pictures.

Seriously though...scarcity/mystery/taboo/hidden make me wanna have it. Overload of it desensitizes me and makes me bored of it. I guess we owe the religious sex-suppresors a thank you.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Holy buckets!!! Damn stupid brad pitt stealing all the hot women that I want.

That is absolutely right, if it werent taboo it wouldnt be as exciting, but it would still be good. Sex is as normal as breathing in my opinion, if it didnt feel good, if it were strictly for reproduction, it wouldnt feel as good as it does. As far as cheating, with me I had my time of nailing everything that moved, just having sex with no emotional involvment. It was nice at the time, but I felt a little empty. I feel a closeness with sex, and to share that with just one person is better then having multiple partners just for doing it sake, imo.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by sethdarke

I was going to say the exact same thing.

[Mod Edit]

Just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!! If she answers yes then Im not kidding.

Just kidding!!!!!!

[Mod Edit: Please remember this is a family site: terms and Conditions of Use 1b. Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 15/2/08 by JAK]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Sex is supposed to be shared between two happily married individual who love each other. Sex is for love, not lust. Sex is private, not public.

We all know the consequences of having sex before marriage, and having extramarital affairs. There is nothing good which stems out of that. Better live a peaceful life than ruin it due to lack of self control.

Sex involves responsiblities and trust. It is not free for all for we are human. We have a social construct which makes this freedom impossible.

If it is free for all without any inhibitions like the Bonobos, what kind of society we will have? Everyone is going to spread viral diseases. Family relationship would be non existent as one can freely do it with anyone. No boundaries and limits.

If this is allowed to continue, the human race will disappear gradually and will be replaced by unhealthy abnormal offspring if they are found to be fertile and able to reproduce. Their lifespan is short and don't have the social and mental capabilities of a normal person and thus can't barely survive on their own. Eventually, the human race will be gone forever.

Socially, culturally, and biologically, this is impossible. Even nature itself has its own way to discourage such occurances to ever take place. It is a survival mechanism to help protect the human race. If you have many partners, you'll have all sorts of STD's. If you do it with a close relative, you get abnormal babies. If you have extramarital affairs, you get a divorce and your family is broken. If you get pregnant in your teens, you are not prepared, and life will suck and will taste life early.

Sure it feels good for the moment, but everything has its own consequences.

[edit on 2/15/2008 by amitheone]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I think you are right. Sex is meant for love not lust, But you are wrong about the getting married part. If you love someone before getting married, and they love you, does it matter? No. It doesn't, because you see the love is there with or without the marriage.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by amitheone

Sex is supposed to be shared between two happily married individual who love each other. Sex is for love, not lust. Sex is private, not public.

Sex involves responsiblities and trust. It is not free for all for we are human. We have a social construct which makes this freedom impossible.

If it is free for all without any inhibitions like the Bonobos, what kind of society we will have? Everyone is going to spread viral diseases. Family relationship would be non existent as one can freely do it with anyone. No boundaries and limits.

If this is allowed to continue, the human race will disappear gradually and will be replaced by unhealthy abnormal offspring if they are found to be fertile and able to reproduce. Their lifespan is short and don't have the social and mental capabilities of a normal person and thus can't barely survive on their own. Eventually, the human race will be gone forever.

Socially, culturally, and biologically, this is impossible. Even nature itself has its own way to discourage such occurances to ever take place. It is a survival mechanism to help protect the human race. If you have many partners, you'll have all sorts of STD's. If you do it with a close relative, you get abnormal babies. If you have extramarital affairs, you get a divorce and your family is broken. If you get pregnant in your teens, you are not prepared, and life will suck and will taste life early.

So you are saying if we do not conform to your view of sexuality,we will degenrate to the point of being like the Bonobos,and the eventually the human race will be destroyed....dont you think you are overdoing it?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
He is right in some respect, Lust hurts the human soul, no matter if you know it or not. Sex was meant for love. But having to get married is ridicules, if the love is their it does not matter.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
No doubt. I don't sleep around (not that I hadn't in the past) one night stands always made me feel shallow and empty,if I am not in a relationship with someone and with them for a while I am not sleeping with them.But, and this is a big but, I would not try to make it out as though everyone should or has to do as I do, and I certainly would not claim that society would turn to ruination if someones viewpoint were a polar opposite of mine.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I don't know what bubble you're living in, but case you forgot, there are a lot of consequences when it comes to sex such as unwanted pregnancy, STD's, aids, HIV ect ect.

I hope your post isn't serious.

P.S. Nice costume.

[edit on 16-2-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Who isn't serious???

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

The OP, naturally.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It already is, just go to some University and have a look around.

Most colleges have a "whiskey Wednesday".

Roper

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
STDs are nature's way of saying that such a world shouldn't exist.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

Man! I wish I was a Bonobo! That would be soo cool!

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
Sex has always been something taboo, because of religion, beliefs and the nature of it. Our ancestors didn't have contraceptive and sex was mostly for reproduction.
But nowadays we have contraceptives and people are more open minded about sex. It's still taboo and any mention causes blushes, giggles, outrages or even imprisonment.
Why can't we today see sex as a recreational activity? Why is sex considered as cheating or sin? Perhaps in 500 years, having sex with someone will be as benign as watching a dvd or playing tennis with someone and sex olympics would regularly happen.
What do you think?

Oracle,

Did you go to public school and get mostly a television education..majoring in emotions???

Our ancestors didn't have contraceptive and sex was mostly for reproduction.

You seriously need to read some ancient history and not the drivel which passes for public education history books now days. What do you think the Romans were doing in and around their festivals?? HOw about the Greeks?? Particularly the Athenians?? How about the Egyptians. How about many of the nations surounding Ancient Israel...do you have any idea what they were up to in their religious festivals and holy days?? Think it through.

DO you have any idea that the "Groves and High Places" mentioned in the bible were the "Bunny Clubs " of the day where they often had thier temple virgins??

What do you think is implied about fertility cults and the worship of the sex organs and rituals in ancient times..it was universal...almost everywhere.
The cults of Diana, Ishtar,...and their variations.

What was that about recreational sex??

Amazing to me how little so many of us dont know about history and can never seem to connect the dots.

YOu should also know Oracle..that for a intelligent thinking person to define themselves by sex and sexuality is like..the height of stupidity. I say this because simple logic indicates that people are so much more than sexuality. Much much more. Yet we tend as intelligent sophisticated people to reduce ourselves to animal ignorance by glorifying ourselves through sexuality. Exactly what ancient civilizatioins were doing in the past.

Yet we today are so sophisticated we have college professors engaged in this nonsense...under the guise of intelligence. Talk about stupid.

I am not saying that people dont have sex or sexuality...not at all. I am saying that people are so much more than mere sexuality. To limit ourselves to such pre occupation is the height of stupidity and self indulgence ..and it doomed many ancient civilizations. It made them weak to outside influences and pressures.

Orangetom

link   

Sex has always been something taboo, because of religion, beliefs and the nature of it. Our ancestors didn't have contraceptive and sex was mostly for reproduction.
But nowadays we have contraceptives and people are more open minded about sex. It's still taboo and any mention causes blushes, giggles, outrages or even imprisonment.
Why can't we today see sex as a recreational activity? Why is sex considered as cheating or sin? Perhaps in 500 years, having sex with someone will be as benign as watching a dvd or playing tennis with someone and sex olympics would regularly happen.
What do you think?

Oracle,

Did you go to public school and get mostly a television education..majoring in emotions???

You seriously need to read some ancient history and not the drivel which passes for public education history books now days. What do you think the Romans were doing in and around their festivals?? HOw about the Greeks?? Particularly the Athenians?? How about the Egyptians. How about many of the nations surounding Ancient Israel...do you have any idea what they were up to in their religious festivals and holy days?? Think it through.

DO you have any idea that the "Groves and High Places" mentioned in the bible were the "Bunny Clubs " of the day where they often had thier temple virgins??

What do you think is implied about fertility cults and the worship of the sex organs and rituals in ancient times..it was universal...almost everywhere.

Amazing to me how little so many of us dont know about history and can never seem to connect the dots.

YOu should also know Oracle..that for a intelligent thinking person to define themselves by sex and sexuality is like..the height of stupidity. I say this because simple logic indicates that people are so much more than sexuality. Much much more. Yet we tend as intelligent sophisticated people to reduce ourselves to animal ignorance by glorifying ourselves through sexuality. Exactly what ancient civilizatioins were doing in the past.

Yet we today are so sophisticated we have college professors engaged in this nonsense...under the guise of intelligence. Talk about stupid.

I am not saying that people dont have sex or sexuality...not at all. I am saying that people are so much more than mere sexuality. To limit ourselves to such pre occupation is the height of stupidity and self indulgence ..and it doomed many ancient civilizations. It made them weak to outside influences and pressures.

Orangetom

link   

What do you think?

Oracle,

Orangetom

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join