It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wexler to insist on holding Harriet Miers and Josh Bolten in contempt of Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Today, in hearings on Capitol Hill, I confronted Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on her role in the lies, exaggerations, and misdirection that led us into the Iraq war.

During my questioning, Secretary Rice falsely stated that she never saw intelligence casting doubt on the Bush Administration claims that Saddam possessed weapons of mass destruction. This unbelievable statement is flatly contradicted by numerous government reports and CIA testimonials. (To watch the video of my exchange with Secretary Rice, Click Here.)
Secretary Rice's responses demonstrate once and for all that we need aggressive oversight over this out of control Administration. Unfortunately, the Bush Administration has ignored the constitutional right of Congress to provide such oversight.

It is time Congress took aggressive action to assert our rights on behalf of the American people.

The House of Representatives must immediately hold former White House Counsel Harriet Miers and White House Chief of Staff Josh Bolten in contempt of Congress for their failure to respond to congressional subpoenas.

I have been aggressively lobbying Members of Congress to support a vote on contempt, and I am thrilled to report that Speaker Pelosi told me directly that she agrees it is well past time to vote on contempt. I am anticipating that the House will shortly vote on resolutions of both civil and criminal contempt for both Miers and Bolten.

No one should be immune from accountability and the rule of law.

Not Harriet Miers or Josh Bolten.

And especially not Condoleezza Rice, George W. Bush or Dick Cheney.

It is time to defend the Constitution and our rights as a co-equal branch of government.

I will continue to take on the Bush Administration for their outrageous abuses just as I confronted Condoleezza Rice today and Attorney General Mukasey last week. (Click Here to see my questioning of Mukasey.)
With your help we will hold these top Bush officials in contempt and continue our efforts to hold impeachment hearings for Vice President Dick Cheney.

Thank you, as always, for your great support.

Yours truly,

Congressman Robert Wexler

Well ya got to love this guy,, he told me before he wasn't going to give up

To the Honorable Robert Wexler

Salute!

- Con

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Today, thanks in great part to your advocacy and persistence, the House of Representatives took a major, tangible step towards holding the Bush Administration accountable.

In a vote on the House floor, we acted to enforce the law and our Constitution, and hold former White House Counsel Harriet Miers and White House Chief of Staff Josh Bolten in Contempt of Congress. (Please Click Hereto watch my speech on the House Floor calling for contempt.)

Bolten and Miers have ignored congressional subpoenas for nine months and thumbed their noses at Congress and the American people.

Executive privilege has never permitted officials to avoid appearing altogether when subpoenaed. This behavior is unprecedented and outrageous.

Now, these two renegade officials must face up to their blatant disregard of the law and constitution.

Our message of accountability for Bush/Cheney is finally resonating on Capitol Hill.

Judiciary Chairman John Conyers fought hard to bring this to a vote, and Speaker Nancy Pelosi herself took the floor to support contempt.

While Democrats may not all agree on how to press this Administration, one thing is clear:

Today, Congress has asserted its rights under the Constitution.

We must not back down.

We must never cede the rights of the Congress to the Executive.

I am pleased to inform you that today's legislation allows Congress to bypass the Attorney General (who has stated to me this week that he would not enforce contempt) and immediately take action in the courts.
Today, Congress finally defended the Constitution and our rights as an equal branch of government.

Yours truly,

Congressman Robert Wexler

I got this letter this morning! Their is HOPE you guys and we need to get behind this thing NOW. All you who have been calling for revolution and Bush's head on a platter, this may only look like a crack or a scratch on the surface of this Teflon administration but WE are the people behind the Dam that separates us from the truth the Dam that controls the flow and flood of dis-information that trickles from it while keeping us in a lake of darkness and lies. Wexler has done what none of them have been able to and he is just getting started. He is asking for our help so that WE can put enough pressure on that small crack in the Dam until all hell breaks loose.

In a long letter I wrote to Wexler many months ago he wrote back with his assurance he would not give up and he strikes me as a person who is just as confounded by this President and Vice President as much of the country is. His persistence has paid off and his diligence has returned a parlay of a first victory in penetrating this Governments refusal to obey the damn law.

It is time to get excited and use this small but significant victory as proof that isn't an impenetrable gauntlet impervious to injury by subpoena that it in fact bleeds and if it bleeds

We can kill it.

Lets Rock

- Con

[edit on 14-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I thought there was already a thread on this....actually several threads on this!

new topics

join