It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Alexandra Polier Denies Rumors of Affair with Kerry.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
NAIROBI, Kenya -- Breaking days of silence regarding allegations begun on the Drudge Report, Alexandra Polier who has been the subject of affair rumors with Kerry, has denied all accusations.

APnews.MyWay.com "I have never had a relationship with Senator Kerry, and the rumors in the press are completely false." Polier's statement was released to the AP in Nairobi, where the 27-year-old freelance journalist is visiting the parents of her fiance, Yaron Schwartzman, an Israeli who was raised in Kenya. She previously worked as an editorial assistant for the AP in New York. Seeking to duplicate his Monical Lewinsky bombsell, Matt Drudge of the Drudge Report became the news as much as he reported the news with this most recent "intern affair report." Kerry categorically denied any affair on Sunday, and this latest release from Polier herself is positioned to add doubt to the accuracy of the Drudge story. Related News Stories: Journalism Students Rule Out Rumors Kerry's Alleged Intern Identified, Taped Interview With Major Television Network Statement From Woman About Sen. Kerry Related ATSNN News: Move Over Monica, Alex has Entered the Building Kerry has alleged recent infidelity 1971 Photo of Kerry Doctored Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion: Kerry Denies Intern Allegations; Drudge Waffles (Caution: Mud Pit) Kerry, 30 Years Ago [Edited on 18-2-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Okay... how about this.. Plastered along the home page of the Drudge Report is... "A woman at the center of John Kerry intrigue dated longtime Kerry fundraiser Peter Maroney, sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT... " If at first you don't succeed... [Edited on 16-2-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Ah well, I still think the publicity that was aimed at Kerry will hurt him more than help him.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Matt Drudgery tries again: KERRY MYSTERY WOMAN DATED CAMPAIGN FINANCE CHIEF A woman at the center of John Kerry intrigue dated longtime Kerry Finance Director Peter Maroney, sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT. Well, conservative support Drudge missed the mark going after Kerry, so he's moving down the ladder looking for other subjects for which a scandal might stick. Stay tuned.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
One wonders though if the facts that DEBUNK an Internet rumor get as many views as the orginal fabrication?

It's going to be an ugly year.

As for Drudge... I'm so over this guy now.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well one wonders if someone else on the 'team' had to take the hit for the boss?

I could be wrong but this is a common tactic in the political world.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Yeah... just like doctoring pictures and shot-gunning accusations of scandal.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Why couldn't the Dems have made the fake picture? Would it not be in Kerry's advantage to be seen with Jane in those days? I would think so if I was a liberal supporter of course. Did no one think of that?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Geez, sounds like the Bush AWOL story, but the libs won't stop humpin that one.

They're like unfixed dogs.

RED ROCKET RED ROCKET!

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Geez, sounds like the Bush AWOL story, but the libs won't stop humpin that one.

Not exactly and there are some differences. The "libs" in question are actually asking Kerry's advocates to drop the AWOL attack. Kind of dead horse. Kerry wins the military service debate hands down, so why bother debating whether or not Bush put forth 52% in his scramble to avoid Vientnam or 100%? Either way, he didn't go.

I'm ready to drop it. I wish the media would. They wasted the first 6 minutes of MY last Democratic debate asking questions about Bush. That's not Kerry's fault or any democrats. It's the media, trying to make Kerry look bad now as an attack dog.... just stirring up poop. Again, not Kerry's fault.

And with the intern thing, you can't get more irrefutable proof than the "victim" saying it never happened. Case closed. Not having a press conference a day releasing bits and pieces of "supporting evidence" while holding back more for the next day, or a witness a day coming out of the woodwork. That's the mistake Bush has made. He's the one keeping the AWOL issue in the spotlight now. Not Kerry.

As far as handling tricky issues goes, this was text book on both counts. Bush did it the wrong way (as usual). Whereas Kerry proved himself, to be more Presidential than the President.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

And with the intern thing, you can't get more irrefutable proof than the "victim" saying it never happened. Case closed.

Don't be silly. That's a universe away from "irrefutable proof". She has a motive to lie about it... she has a fiance.

What's more, the obvious counter-example is staring you in the face:

Monica Lewinsky denied, in a sworn deposition in the Paula Jones case, that she had an affair with the president.

So much for "irrefutable proof".

[Edited on 2-17-2004 by BarryKearns]

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
"Unprovable" is probably the better word for unsubstantiated rumor than "irrefutable"... you are right.

I don't like either this Kerry intern or Bush abortion case. There's a woman's right to privacy at stake in each. At least in the Kerry case, the woman denied it, and asked that it go away... so in my book, that's "Case Closed".

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bush woman doesn't want the same.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hell, I think anyone who avoided Vietnam did themselves a favor.

I don't even blame Clinton for avoiding it completely.

new topics

top topics

join