It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When/should you become involved in a political party?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
How do you know when to choose a political party to be a part of. How old should you be? I am in my mid twenties and I am excited about a political party, however I wonder if I should hold off and wait to "officially" be a part, until I have it more figured out. Or should you just join a party, and change later if you change?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I would say there is no fixed or right time. I say it must be when you feel the time is right.

If you believe in the message that the political party is offering then get involved. You can start small and just be a helper at events. Local parties are always wanting people to do a huge range of things. What skills do you have and could offer the party of your choice?

Get involved is my message.

Keep us updated on what you decide. How about a podcast of your experiences?

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
When I was a libertarian I took part in the Franklin County (OHIO) Libertarian Party as a teenager. I did small scale, door-to-door, campaigning for local candidates which led to the election of several individuals in my area. If I had more time, I could have done more large scale campaigning. There is no age limit, it just depends on how much time you want to/or can volunteer.

OFF TOPIC, sort of
Since then I have left any party affiliation on the basis that I do not want to conspire within a corrupt system to change that corrupt system,, because I am still validating that system. Even now, I am still active in politics (even though I do not accept the system, I can still campaign outside of the system, against the system).

ON TOPIC
If you feel strongly about someone/something, act. Otherwise you let apathy take over.

join