It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plastic Ties and Flashlights?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I don't follow this forum much, so I apologize if these have been mentioned before.

ITEM #1

For no particular reason, it popped into my head that cable ties (the really long ones) would be your best friend for everything from securing items to shelter construction.

ITEM #2

If you were looking for some self defense item, this item might be a much better choice than one you have to aim or risk making significant noise with.

Cops to be given flashlight that 'incapacitates' from Homeland security

[edit on 13-2-2008 by loam]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
nylon ties and duct tape.......great stuff to keep around.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by last time here
...duct tape...

Am I the only one who ever has problems with duct tape? It's awful under circumstances where heat or water apply...which seems to only ever be the applications I need a solution for at home. I cant imagine it being significantly helpful in a survival setting.

Then again, maybe it's operator error?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I like duct tape,

however I have run in to problems with plastic ties, The sun can deteriorate them and they become brittle. Best to keep them out of the sunlight. They are fine for interior uses.

A little cordage goes a long way..

(IMO)

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I can tell you I have a skill set much beyond the norm. If you take a safety Pin and bend a L shaped bend in just the tip it will pick some handcuffs as well as pull up the flap in the head of that plastic tie making it re-usable over again for three or four times before it gives out.

The plasticuffs must be shimmed and the Handcuff key plasticuffs will come right off with the safety pin just like handcuffs.

Didn't hear that from me eh?

Your second item is good. One should never harm a person who may not even understand their own intentions. (which may change from minute to minute)

The only way to stay right with God is to not inflict any harm beyond the end of the initial problem.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Illahee]

top topics

join