It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine All the People

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I believe/hope that all this maybe be realised if and when we can travel freely through the universe. Don't like earth in its current state ?, why not travel to a new planet and create a new society with like minded individuals

If something like that could happen it would be truely something to be proud of !

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
ya, wouldn't that be awesome if you could create your own world with something as simple as a thought. I would create a peaceful environment, and i would create a Non- War mongering society. No people who have power over other people. Just a free land in general.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
We could all be one big happy communist family.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
To remove all evil, is to remove free will.
It is not human nature to be a ''perfect'' good society.

Though in a certain manner it does sound tempting.

Remove all prejudice, and love based on appearance.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
ok folks here it goes,

This is my first post on the boards. I have been lurking here for several months, but this is the first thread I have felt compelled to participate in.

Imagine that our collective imaginations are not imaginary. Imagine this reality is the dream, and these visions we have for potential harmony are what we should be experiencing. Unfortunately the dreams have outweighed the imagination for so long we have adopted the dream as reality.

In my mind this world has always been wrong. I knew this at a very early age. It almost seems as if this present reality has been doctored by unseen forces to be what "they" imagine.

Who can say what truly is human nature. If one feels envy, hate, greed, and so on; then to me you are not human, or not all human. This gap between what is and what should be is the imagination of non-human dreams fed to humans to believe as reality. My opinion is many of us fell or are falling for this charade as I type this response to this incredibly thought provoking thread.

I have always said that if a human said it then question it. So if a man or woman tells me it is human nature to kill, or to steal...I would most certainly question their words. For I am human and I do not feel that way, and I would find it hard to believe that other humans would willingly feel that way.

Darcon, the world I have seen in my dreams is not a dream. I have seen it, experienced it, and with a little help from my friends we can make it our reality. It is as you have described and I believe we all know this as the truth.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I love Lennon’s song Imagine. The recording, being analog, has that growl as opposed to digital recordings which are very bright.

There was a comment somewhere in the thread that the place imagined by Lennon sounds like heaven. I agree….except that like so many other prophets such as Jesus, MLK, they wanted to change the here and the now.

The question, of course is, why a peaceful prophet like John Lennon would attract the interest of the FBI and the FEDS?

Of course I would imagine a similar society as St. Paul pointed out while in prison.. No war, peace for all, love to all. The issue of rich or poor would not arise if there was an end to jealousy, hate, religion.

Saint Paul laid it on the line in Corinthians when he penned “Love (Agape) conquers all.” I imagine this….that all people, everywhere walk in this special love. The God kind of love. The love that conquers all.

In reference to both Saint Paul apostle and John Lennon they both died of unnatural causes when wanting to bring peace. Paul was beheaded. John of a hail of bullets.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I always imagine becomming one with the universe, you can walk in an enlightened state constantly, I haven't, but it is possible in the here and now.

We get glimpses of heaven during meditation and prayer, we can slip into that ecstatic state of being called heaven.

Wonderful topic.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
ya, wouldn't that be awesome if you could create your own world with something as simple as a thought. I would create a peaceful environment, and i would create a Non- War mongering society. No people who have power over other people. Just a free land in general.

Actually I have this very same thought but here is how it works. In my head I see a beautiful utopian planet, green grass, trees, cascading water, marble and gold palatial estates, the quiet sound of nature in harmony, soft angelic music from acoustic stringed instruments, (music is a vibrational energy that when in harmony with nature can cause instant creation of thought). Love is in the air if you will. There is no greed here or hate only compassion and love. Anything can blink in or out of existence instantly. Thirsty and you shall be quenched, amorous and you shall feel full filled.

However just as easily should you become enraged or hatefull or carrying ill will you will instantly blink out of this existence to a world filled with equal beings, hate filled and evil wishing only to harm others for their own enjoyment a world of slavery and vile disregard for personal space and freedoms. But equally as well if you remove those thoughts you can be instantly transported back to utopia.

Maybe there is more then just 2 extremes maybe existence is on many levels based on "where your head is at".

Want to be evil feel no need to be good there forever are you stuck in a evil world, grime and death and deception at every turn.

Curious what Mars looks like in person instantly you are walking on the surface and touching the sand the rocks time is limitless, hungry you are instantly satisfied. Free to explore, feel tired your mind needing to absorb and rationalize your experience lay down and take a nap, if 1,000 years pass and you awake to find the planet has changed, simply go back in time to review the process.

Since "time" actually does not exist only a series of changes in state. Want to see a large asteroid strike Mars or Earth or some unknown planet, want to see it in slow motion so you can capture the partical effects of the impact into the ground no problem.

Want to be with a "person you knew" instantly you are next to that person at a time where equally they wanted to be with you. (this solves the free will objection). And since time is not a factor there is an infinite series of event for which the both of you are equally accepting of each others presence. Want to be physically close to Britney Spears or Brad Pitt no problem. Soon you will understand that physical admiration is lost on the quest for knowledge. Want to be pals with Albert Einstien no problem even in 1934 or 4055 no problem.

This is my dream.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Imagine a world where there is no free will; the only way to achieve this dark, terrible world is to rip it away from people, you take away their choice. Imagine a world where you are not allowed to excel, because excelling sets you apart from people you may leave behind. Imagine a world where everything you achieve is ripped away in the name of "equality," because achievement sets you apart. Imagine a world where there is no free-speech, because what you say may inspire the wrong feelings. Imagine a world where anyone who dares disagree is demonized, or worse, because they are not towing the line. Imagine a world where your beliefs are forced on you. Imagine a world wherein all religious and ethnic minorities have been cleansed, violently; how would you otherwise create your perfect world if there are people opposed to you?

Imagine the worst dictatorships and atrocities in human history, because that is what your bland, homogenized perfect world would entail.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by badmatty

That is true, most people think that the physical Reality is all that exists yet there is so much more out there, If everyone in the world sat down for 5 minutes and all at onces imagined the moon being destroyed, now i am talking all of humanity, What do you think would happen. The moon would probably Explode because of all of these thoughts. The human mind is much more complex than people think. This set reality we have lived in for so long, is getting old. Alot more people are awakening to the fact that we as human beings are being manipulated by higher beings with another agenda. I see the world the way i want to see it. The world i imagine is stated in the 1st post.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by robertfenix

Sweet dream, very detailed. That would be amazing, if you could just think of being on the surface of mars, you open your eyes, and there you go, you are looking up in the sky that is full of stars. You look down and you see Orange-red
Martian Soil. The funny thing is, if you are spiritually advanced enough, all of that is possible.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

It sounds almost like the world we live in today. But you are the one who created that view of the world. Not me. If you want Violence and bigotry in your world so be it. If you want to be ruled by unjust people so be it. If you want to be controlled by a piece of paper that brings the worst out in people so be it. If you want the poor to suffer and the rich to laugh so be it. If you want our mother earth to suffer like it is suffering now so be it. If you want If you want false freedom so be it. If you want to lead a Materialistic life SO BE IT. But just remember that is your view not mine, Nor do i believe it is the view of most people in this thread.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I love this post. Its about time we got some positivity going around here. Amen Darcon. Peace be with you. Just think how much we could change things if we all just got together and decided together on a plan. Imagine.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT51

Thanx agent 51, i am only trying to bring a Positive view of the world. I think if everyone had a positive view this world wouldn't be so screwed up all the time. So what would you create in you World? Have purple skies, or Flying automobiles, or even Cat's that talk

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by darcon

The world you want is where there is no choice. No one is allowed to have religion. No one is allowed to achieve. No one is allowed to dream. No one is allowed to say their peace. You want an oppressive dictatorship, preferrable with you as the dictator, telling people how to behave, how to think. Everything you believe is evil or wrong is oppressed, all in the name of "what's best for people," just like every brutal dictator in history.

Tell me, Darcon, in your perfect world, what would you do with anyone who doesn't want to buy in?

[edit on 14-2-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Everyone is allowed to believe in what they want to believe in. It does not matter. For the people that don't like my views, they can create their own world, This is a thread about imagination, You picture what you want the world to live in. Just because you are manipulative, doesn't give you the right to challenge my beliefs. You stated early on what you want the world to look like.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Everyone is allowed to believe in what they want to believe in. It does not matter. For the people that don't like my views, they can create their own world, Just because you are manipulative, doesn't give you the right to challenge my beliefs.

See...you contradict yourself, once again exposing your hypocracy. You say everyone is allowed to believe what they want, but then turn around and say I don't have the right to challenge your beliefs.

The thing is, I have every right to challenge your beliefs. When you express them, it is an open invitation to have them challenged. If you don't want your beliefs challenged, then keep them to yourself.

Look at your rhetoric, it proves your perfect world is less utopia, more oppressive dictatorship. People do not have the right to challenge your beliefs. Anyone who does is "manipulative" or "greedy" or "materialistic," or whatever other boring word you want to use.

So once again, and honestly now, what will you do with the people who don't agree with you, in your perfect world? Because if there is someone not towing the line, not buying into your utopia, it is hardly a perfect world then, is it? How will you enforce your perfect world?

You stated early on what you want the world to look like.

Really now? Care to point out where I did that? All I did was tell you how I believe you are wrong about the "perfect world."

[edit on 14-2-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Again with the manipulation, i created my world, you created yours. Yet you criticize me for creating my world. I clearly stated that you can create your own world. And you have. I have nothing more to say to you. You are a close minded Individual, end of story. Anything i say, you will not agree with.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
Imagine a world where there is no free will; the only way to achieve this dark, terrible world is to rip it away from people, you take away their choice. Imagine a world where you are not allowed to excel, because excelling sets you apart from people you may leave behind. Imagine a world where everything you achieve is ripped away in the name of "equality," because achievement sets you apart. Imagine a world where there is no free-speech, because what you say may inspire the wrong feelings. Imagine a world where anyone who dares disagree is demonized, or worse, because they are not towing the line. Imagine a world where your beliefs are forced on you. Imagine a world wherein all religious and ethnic minorities have been cleansed, violently; how would you otherwise create your perfect world if there are people opposed to you?

Imagine the worst dictatorships and atrocities in human history, because that is what your bland, homogenized perfect world would entail.

that is your view not mine. i am done replying to you. Like i said no matter what i say, you will always attack me, so i am done.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by darcon]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Savior, go outside and breathe the free air of earth, It is all of ours. I feel you have misunderstood darcon's post. He wants you to have the world you want. You have the right to challenge it. You also have the right to go knocking on doors just like the Mormons. Its all choice based. No need for negativity.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join