It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IE7 issues

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Internet Explorer 7 updated and running on Vista just stops running every few minutes. It only happens on ATS and on no other sites? I'm curious if this is happening to anyone else? I should also mention it does not happen on my XP machine only on Vista on my laptop.

Normally I'd write it off to a bug in the OS but it only occurs here.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
From what I've heard about Vista I'd guess that was your problem.

Have you tried our Computer Help forum?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
From my own personal experience, there have been problems with the coding of the flash plugins for IE7 - my system was continually hanging unil I removed everything flash related and reinstalled the absolute brand new drivers - might be worth a try

Having said that - Vista?
- you should have learnt from XP that a new MS operating system should never be bought within the first two years of its release

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
First, dump IE and get firefox.

Second, dump Vista and go back to XP. I will go with Vista maybe Jan next year after many of the issues/bugs are resolved.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I got Vista about 6 months ago and once I got everything up and running I haven't had any problems at all. It freezes no more than XP did. I don't run a whole lot at once other than a bunch of IE tabs at once.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Internet Explorer 7 updated and running on Vista just stops running every few minutes. It only happens on ATS and on no other sites? I'm curious if this is happening to anyone else? I should also mention it does not happen on my XP machine only on Vista on my laptop.

Normally I'd write it off to a bug in the OS but it only occurs here.

I get the same problem also. Once in the while I get the send and don't send message. It the one you have to tell widows what problem is. But it doesn't do it all the time. Right now,I'm using windows 2000.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Been running Vista Business and IE7 for a year or so now w/ no problems. If you did an upgrade, then you'll need to dump all the IE add-ins(Internet Properties/Settings button, View Objects then delete all add-ins) then you'll have to reinstall Flash, Shockwave, etc to get things to work correctly.

I actully prefer Vista to XP for what I do. Works much better than XP when (and I state WHEN) crashes occur. I can't speak for any other versions other than Vista Home Basic really sucking.

Vista upgrades from XP are not worth the trouble either.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It did turn out to be an add-on Flash component. Odd it only happens here and nowhere else. I did find articles about it all over the net but no sollutions, just questions. First they seemed to blame ATI cards until they realized it was also happening on Nvidia cards. My guess - a driver issue common to both. I'm no tech though.

I too prefer Vista because of the software I use. I have lots of 3D modeling and Graphics software and some of them recognize Ready Boost as RAM. I'm getting away with working on 8 to 9 million poly models on a slow laptop in real time!! I'm getting ready to switch to Vista on my main computer just to advantage that.

Thanks for the replies and the good advice. Sorry I was slow getting back.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
YES!!! This happens to me. After much searching, I realized it had to do w/ me having Shockwave Flash (Adobe). As soon its enabled, ATS crashes my IE7.

Weird.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
First, dump IE and get firefox.

Second, dump Vista and go back to XP. I will go with Vista maybe Jan next year after many of the issues/bugs are resolved.

You have been misled about Vista. The problems are from people using Vista on machines barely capable. I think Microsoft misread the market and thought capable machines would be cheaper when it was released. I buy high end due to my profession and hobbies. I'd imagine Vista is a pain on a low end machine. It would pay to wait as better systems will be cheaper and I hear SR1 is around the corner.

I do need to try Firefox again. The first time I tried it a couple of years ago was because people told me it was more stable. I installed it and had constant issues so I went back to IE which maybe causes two issues a year instead of the constant issues I had with Firefox.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I have been having the same issues after upgrading the flash program a couple of weeks ago.

I end up with the send error report screen then IE shuts down.

I am on IE7 running XP Pro.

I was thinking of going to another browser and saw one called SAFARI by Apple, which claims to be twice as fast as FIREFOX, does anyone have any experience with Safari????

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I finally had an error message that identified the problem. All is well now

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I upgraded my XP system to Vista and dear God was that a nightmare. After a few days of terror I went back to XP.

Then I bought a new system with Vista premium, dual core processor and a couple of gigs of ram and I think I love Vista.

The solution is obvious, go to Firefox. I wouldn't use IE if they were giving it away...oh wait, they are. I wonder why

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

After searching some more it seems widespread.

I never have heard of Safari. I'll have to check that out.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

That pretty much sums up the problems people had. Thats why they put out the benchmark test to see how your system would perform. Vista screams on my new laptop with a Dual Core and an NVIDIA 8 series card. I use a 4 gig Flash for Ready Boost and voilà; 6 gigs of virtual RAM on a 32 bit system.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

All the searching of the tech sites are puzzled but alot are pointing the finger at MS and Adobe for not fixing the problem.

I had a few Windows updates today one concerning IE so I hoped a fix was in there but no luck.

here's the link to the new 3.0 beta safari info page

www.apple.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Yeah, Adobe is dragging its butt. Photoshop CS3 Extended still has issues and Bridge shuts down all the time. I don't think Adobe and MS are all that friendly.

It took HP forever to get decent drivers also, so I bought Epson and I'm thrilled.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

The Apple.com site made IE crash.

It takes such little things to make me laugh

I'll have to give that beta a try. Thanks for the lead.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

LMAO. I just tried Safari and it would NOT open on my computer LOL
Then I read a ton of reviews about it and decided to uninstall. After all, it is a Beta.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
wow, It must be a conspiracy, MS must not want this SAFARI deal to make it...

Let me try to see if it works on mine....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join