It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friend committed Suicide, Scientology?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

YEs, you are totaly correct. I should have corrected what I said. I meant to say that they are against treating mental disorders with medication, not all illnesses. It is my understanding that Lithium is also in sunlight.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Although there is no proof that scientology alone killed your friend I also don't doubt it one bit. I live in hollywood and have to drive by the scientology center all the time. Man do they hate it when they run into someone smarter than them and that doesn't get effected by their sales pitches to join their cult when walking down the street. " come on in for a mental audit!" Yeah right.

Personally I wouldn't be suprised if the scientologist cult made all their brainwashed victems bury a dead rooster under their front porches all facing where ever they may be on the planet the scientology headquarters in hollywood, and be foreced to pray to L Ron Hubbard at least 5 times a day in secret. I don't care if any scientologist is reading this. from my personal experience they are all brainwashed and nuts. even if they seem "normal" on the outside. DOn't listen to their schpeal when they talk about the wonders of scientology. I've been around enough of them to know better. they aren't getting any healthier, just more and more brainwashed. and if you look up the definition of what a cult is or a fringe group they fit the parameters exactly. theres no way around that point.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR

" come on in for a mental audit!" Yeah right.

No Scientologist is going to offer you a mental audit.
The Division 6 recruiters on the street offer you a free personality test based on 200 questions and an analysis of the results, and then offer to show you a short introductory video.
If any of that is going to brain-wash you, you'd have to have a pretty week mind. And in fact, Scientology is looking for fairly bright and prosperous new members that can assist in their cause, not some bum off the street that can't think for themselves. They also offer a free IQ test if you're interested.

Personally I wouldn't be suprised if the scientologist cult made all their brainwashed victems bury a dead rooster under their front porches all facing where ever they may be on the planet the scientology headquarters in hollywood, and be foreced to pray to L Ron Hubbard at least 5 times a day in secret.

This isn't a religion that sacrifices animals, and no Scientologist prays to L. Ron Hubbard. He is not a deity in their minds and prayers would mean nothing.

and if you look up the definition of what a cult is or a fringe group they fit the parameters exactly. theres no way around that point.

Let's look up the definition of "cult" then.......

a. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
b. The followers of such a religion or sect.
2. A system or community of religious worship and ritual.
3. The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.
4. A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.
a. Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing.
b. The object of such devotion.
6. An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.
www.tfd.com...

Tell me any religion that doesn't fall within that definition.

Edit: sp

[edit on 14/2/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Personally I think almost all religions are cults so I'm not going to let any of them off the hook for brainwashing their followers.

Yeah. I know what happens when you "step inside" their scientology building for the free informational video. Anybody who has an IQ above a certain level would easily be able to figure out in the first two minutes that it's a brainwhashing video. why are they so vehement about people walking out of the scientology building then. Cause they do get in your face if you try and leave before they get the opportunity to brainwash you.

Also they aren't looking for people with high IQ's. How do you indoctrinate someone that constantly sees through the BS. You can't. if scientology was looking for extreamly bright people than they would have a very small following. In fact most of the scientologists I've met I can manipulate almost as easily as their own cult leaders do.

I wasn't serious about the animal sacrifices. That was a joke. maybe a scientologist with a high IQ could point that out to other scientologists so I don't have to explain the humor behind the jokes sarcasm. And I know that they don't pray to LRH. they pray to XENU. But XENU also Prays on scientologists.

look all I know is that I better get my theatens in order or I'll never survive when xenu comes back and nukes us (pretty archaic tech for a alien space warlord) into the etheral so that he can manipulate our souls.

LR Hubbard was on hallucinagens when he invented his cult, and off of one of his poorly writen sci fi ideas to boot.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Did the OP ever provide the details of the alleged suicidee to the poster who requested them in order he may seek confirmation of the alleged suicide from the relevant police division .. ?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

Not so far... but another ATS poster seems to have intimate knowledge of Scientology... Scientology "hacks" do what they are told when they are told to IMHO or they get "the boot" or dead while they are paying $$$$ the whole time. Most enterrtaining to watch the trapped trap. Click.

Vic

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Scientologists do not prey to Xenu, they don't prey to any Deity.

The OP hasn't been forthcoming with any further information on this suicide.

And yes, I have a great deal of intimate knowledge concerning the inner workings of the Church due to spending many years as a member about 20 years ago.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
holy schmoly how can you not pick up on the fact that I'm making jokes about scientology. we have established that they don't pray...period. we get that.

But if you could. could you please explain in rational terms whats up with xenu. theatens. engrams and why tom cruise is their offical spokes man. and why all mental illness can just be simply treated away. try to explain that one to the Iceman. (a completety nuts ex mafia hitman) in fact. I have a better Idea. lets take him off the anti psycotics and let scientology "cure" him without medication. lets see how well and effective it will be.

also. how many scientologists have taken the time to research about L Ron Hubbard. Would they think his beliefs were so genius if they knew all about his past. I'm sure the city of Los angeles had medical records on his pathology on file somewhere. would probably much more interesting than trying to sit through the movie Battlefield Earth one more time.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Your free personality test will show that you have numerous problems that will require thousands of dollars of Co$ courses to treat.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I don't know if I believe this. I know that there's that new group that's trying to destroy Scientology and that part of their plan is to spread rumors and badmouth them in the public eye. posting at ATS's message boards would be a good place to start. you sound barely affected by the incident.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

posting at ATS's message boards would be a good place to start.

ha ha ha.

That is so funny....

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptnCrunch
I'm sorry but I don't know if I believe this. I know that there's that new group that's trying to destroy Scientology and that part of their plan is to spread rumors and badmouth them in the public eye. posting at ATS's message boards would be a good place to start. you sound barely affected by the incident.

You sound like you think criticism of Scientology has just started. People who've lost their family members or friends to Scientology or even former members themselves often openly criticise Scientology. You don't hear the same about people whose family members convert to CHRISTIANITY, do you?

In 1971, Paulette Cooper's book The Scandal of Scientology was published. Operation Freakout and Operation Snow White followed closely which led more awareness to the cult.

Andreas Heldal-Lund started the site, Operation Clambake in 1996.

Mark Bunker started Xenu TV, a site critical of Scientology in 1999.

Tory Christman left the organisation and has been one of the most prominent critics of Scientology since 2000.

If you are talking about Anonymous, our goal isn't to destroy Scientology. Anonymous has grown greatly since the release of the first video, so if that's your only exposure to Anonymous it isn't completely accurate.

After Mark Bunker's video addressing Anonymous' legalities and cause, we changed almost overnight. Our goal is not to 'bring down Scientology'. Our goal is to inform people, so that they may not be sucked into the trap. And the "destruction" of the cult (from lack of recruits and thus lack of funding) could be a byproduct.

And we aren't spreading rumors or "badmouthing" Scientology. A lot of people do spread rumors though, I'll admit, if by rumors you mean information that can not be backed up by evidence. And that weakens our cause.

I can only speak for myself, and I only present arguments that can be backed up such as Operation Freakout and Operation Snow White. And everything that goes on inside the Church of Scientology such as courses that cost hundreds of dollars that include staring in a person's eyes for an hour and a half until you hallucinate.

If you're interested in learning more, feel free to send me a U2U. :]

Sorry for derailing the topic by the way.

My thoughts on the original topic: I'm not completely buying it. But if this really happened, I'm sorry about your friend's death.

Edit// Typos

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Paresthesia]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Perhaps you all may wish to visit Why Are They Dead.Net
You will see that this is not an isolated case.

As for Anon spreading false rumors... While SOME individuals may choose to do this, as a group, Anon has only exposed the practices of the Church of Scientology using the churches own documents. The scam they run is well documented and needs no fabrication to demonstrate it's negative impact on society. There is a reason why Time magazine called it a corporate cult of greed and money, and why the German government has banned it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join