It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friend committed Suicide, Scientology?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
A good friend John died of suicide at a bus station in CLEARWATER, FLORIDA right next to the SCIENTOLOGY BUILDING, I was told on the phone from his wife. Not only a wife but a little girl he had. He was part of a high level of the "Scientology" or however level they supposobly "go by."

John was a good man, untill he put his faith in Scientology, he'd donate money to them and was part of a perception technology they use. She was talking about some kind of mind control aswell that her husband told her before he died. He was normal and didnt seem depressed she said on the phone "what would make him say that he was on his way home" - John died two days ago and I recieved the call today.

His car was at work and it was his day off. And suposedly when his wife called him he said he was at a friends house. He also had thousands of dollars in his bank account and it came out to 200$ after he died. WAS IT SCIENTOLOGY THAT WAS PART OF THIS SUICIDE? well his wife sure of hell believed & I. His wife knew so much the stuff he told her. Why would his car be at work on a day off & his friend said he drove home. Anyway im angry about this and needed to be told. [SNIP]

[edit on 13-2-2008 by nuclear_terrorism]

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14-2-2008 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss. IMO it is a mind control cult! Check out this BBC show Panoramas expose' There is a lot of footage from Clearwater.

Google Video Link

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
How about we send someone undercover, and get high in the ranks. That would reveal a lot, unless he gets brainwashed lol.

On topic, I hope his wife and daughter is coping well, it's always sad when you hear they have kids.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I would suggest that your friend already had mental problems, and was maybe seeking some help through Scientology. There are a lot of people who don't trust the standard medical/psychological profession and don't want to try medication.

What I'm saying is people looking for help will look anywhere. These people may or may not find comfort where they look, whether it's in Scientology or elsewhere. A lot of people who go through the standard treatments still end up offing themselves, too. Should we blame current ordinary mental health treatment, as well?

Nope. "To be or not to be?" That is the question we all have to figure out on our own.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
I would suggest that your friend already had mental problems, and was maybe seeking some help through Scientology. There are a lot of people who don't trust the standard medical/psychological profession and don't want to try medication.

What I'm saying is people looking for help will look anywhere. These people may or may not find comfort where they look, whether it's in Scientology or elsewhere. A lot of people who go through the standard treatments still end up offing themselves, too. Should we blame current ordinary mental health treatment, as well?

Nope. "To be or not to be?" That is the question we all have to figure out on our own.

I dont think someone with mental problems who has a stable job, wife and kid will commit suicide with no sign of depression. And psychology - whatever.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I am truly sorry for you, this is just another death in an alarming trend of scientology related deaths. My prayer's are with his family.

There belief system may be nuts, but that is not my reason for attacking them. I am a Christian, and there are a lot of people who say my beliefs are crazy too.

I belive in the right to believe what you want with out being attacked so I will not attack (openly any way) their beliefs.

Scientology is the poster child for mind controling, money grubbing, evil, murderous cult. and they must be stoped for the good of all.

In order to protect the weak we must destroy those who target them, like co$.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nuclear_terrorism

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

This might seem odd to you, but I am wondering if there were any keys on him that were found in his pocket that might belong to a locker at the bus station?

Maybe he left a note in there or something.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

This might seem odd to you, but I am wondering if there were any keys on him that were found in his pocket that might belong to a locker at the bus station?

Maybe he left a note in there or something.

"Ignored." Why even waste your time.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by nuclear_terrorism]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

That's ok. I don't believe your story anyway. I did before your reply, but have changed my mind. I am sure if something like this really happend it would have been all over the news, anyway, like other Scientology related suicides.

I think you are just trying to get people upset with Scientologists and using this as an excuse to incite violence against them.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I'm in full agreement with Enthralled Fan, whose post to you appeared perfectly sound, reasonable and logical to me.

Coming on top of all the other sudden 'anti-CoS' as your post does, it seems to me a case of rank overkill.

Who (which individual or group of individuals) did CoS annoy lately, is the question.

And before you respond, no, I'm not a member of CoS .. have never defended them in the past because it's not an area which interests me much at all.

However, my interest has certainly been piqued by the sensationalistic anti-CoS threads and posts on ATS of late.

Maybe that's the intention ?

Or someone's using the Net to give CoS a kick to the proverbials ?

I don't appreciate being used in such a manner, by the way.

So, score here is plus for CoS .... and nil for the OP.

Sorry ... but you made my mind up for me.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuclear_terrorism
I dont think someone with mental problems who has a stable job, wife and kid will commit suicide with no sign of depression.

You may not think so, but none of us can see the world through anyone's point of view but our own. Some people skillfully keep their despair to themselves, tucked away so no one can see. If all it took to be sane was a stable job, a spouse and a kid, then they'd be required by law.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuclear_terrorism

I'm editing out the portion of your post that I quoted because a Mod has snipped it off your original post after I reported it.
anx......

That would be an illegal act on your part and you would, and should be prosecuted if you carry through on such a threat. You can't go around harming people because of the religion they belong to, that would be a hate crime.

From the ATS Terms & Conditions:

2) Behavior:
You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities; specifically mind-altering drugs, computer hacking, criminal hate, sexual relations with minors, and stock scams are strictly forbidden.

Would you care to share your friends name with me, I want to contact the Coroner in Clearwater and see if I can verify your story.

[edit on 14/2/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Scientology is a scam IMHO. The true anon of Anon have done a great service of awareness. Scientology is "Legal" in name only... in some places where their nests were allowed by sleaze-ball politicos. It's about weak people of "ruination" being preyed upon by predators and their "PR" people for profit. Right up there with lawyers, accountants, PR-slime and the like-sort. LOL... LOL. Religion? LOL. Scientology is a "designer-drug" that takes advantage of existing laws to sell their mind-poisons to the weak... very often.

I'd LOVE to see some real-world details on this Clearwater claim of a "death by Scientology". If this thread isn't "less than meets the eye" or another manipulation by "Sci-pigs" put up the data or move-on, y'know?

The "Sci-pigs" will weasel "out of it anyway".

Stories about stories are fine... a little truth never hurts the "big-picture".

Happy Valentine's Day to all non-Scientologists. Hi an0n3278, thanx for the vibes of truth from down under and the "hook-ups".
Small planet... bigger than Scientology.

Vic

Little "news-ish" piece about potentially related Sucides by Scientology... France and Clearwater... tick, tick, tick. Will charges be proffered in Clearwater on Lisa McPherson and this unnamed suicide? Two in the same jurisdiction would be a groove. Linkage.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

And what you just said could be used to describe any organized religion that is in the habit of getting people to "buy" into their beliefs.

Lot's of Christians, and other religious people commit suicide every day.

Should their deaths be blamed on the religion they subscribe to?

Just maybe this persons friend (if they ever existed) had a mental problem that would have led to suicide regardless of their affiliation with Scientology.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Christians? Maybe they are "next"? LOL. Not likely. Lotta folks died in the name of that ancient dogma too, amongst others. Yawn. No, for-sure anything's possible to manipulate... Scientology are "just the flavor" of the day to fill "that God-shaped hole" some perceive as a reality in their lives.

I'd really like to prowl the Clearwater cops blotter and see what's what with the OP's claim. If "real", it's ammo, if not? No show. No go. I expect to see pieces like this "pop-up" from a variety of sources, some "could" be obfuscation tactics... as was seen in b'world. This is expected... by those who would prefer to remain "Anonymous".

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

That is not a bad idea to investigate this via a police blotter or some other source in that area (news). The OP indicated that the suicide took place 2 days before his post, so there is a time frame. Also the incident was at a bus station, so there should have been some sensationalism if there were any other people around.

Happy Hunting!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

I looked on the Clearwater PD site... nada that matches. It may have been reported elsewhere... I can't find it yet. First thing I did before I posted anything was hit the PD and Greyhound on the "engines"... I'll keep an eye on it. Hey, the Co$ has a variety of properties around the Fort Harrison hotel. Lotsa cams... I guess they are "watching" for something. LOL. Others watch them amongst others in-situ... and document. A great deal IMHO remains unpublished.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I've been on the phone to the Pinellas County Health Department, the Largo Medical Examiners Office, and searched for a bus station near the Church.

No results from the people I spoke to on the phone as far as a suicide in the past few days, and no bus station near the Church.

I've searched on-line newspapers and organizations for the Clearwater and surrounding areas for any mention of a suicide or death, and still nothing.

Without further information from the OP I think I've reach a dead end and can't verify this claim of a friends suicide.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Sorry for the loss, man. I'm sure right now there are alot more questions then there are answers. I personally disagree with alot of Scientology's principle values. One being that you cannot use medication to treat mental illness. I saw a documentary on youtube a while back about a few individuals who died and/or committed suicide because of this. Ultimately though, if an individual chooses to join a group like that, they are responsible for their own actions and the results thereof. Again, condolences.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by AGENT51]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT51

One being that you cannot use medication to treat your illnesses, even if its mental, like say, depression.

That is not true.
Scientology does have their own methods for dealing with illness and does have major issues with psychiatric practices and those sorts of pharmaceuticals. But I've known many Scientologists that have used antibiotics, pain medication, antiseptics, and even general anesthetics in the case of surgeries or dental work.

Illegal drug use is forbidden, but the only drug that is totally banned is lithium. The use of that drug will prevent you from joining the Sea Org. and is written about in a policy by Hubbard.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join