It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scariest moment in life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
That fear thing sounds similar to something that happened to me a few weeks ago when I was sick with a cold. I woke up in the middle of the night shivering real bad but I wasn't paralized. I just thought about "fear" and "death" and them a few seconds later I was actualy thinking that I was dying. Scared the hell outa me.

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by Ranger]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I have had a myriad of sleep paralysis experience in my life, very problematic.

www.arts.uwaterloo.ca...

skepdic.com...

sleep paralysis
Sleep paralysis is a condition that occurs in the state just before dropping off to sleep (the hypnagogic state) or just before fully awakening from sleep (the hypnopompic state). The condition is characterized by being unable to move or speak. It is often associated with a feeling that there is some sort of presence, a feeling which often arouses fear but is also accompanied by an inability to cry out. The paralysis may last only a few seconds. The description of the symptoms of sleep paralysis is similar to the description many alien abductees give in recounting their abduction experiences. Sleep paralysis is thought by some to account for not only many alien abduction delusions, but also other delusions involving paranormal or supernatural experiences (e.g., incubus and succubus).

Sleep paralysis is something many people experience once or twice in a lifetime but it is a frequent occurrence of those suffering from narcolepsy.

Plenty of links here,

sleepdisorders.about.com...

Deep

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
My scariest experience was when i was around 10 or 11 and I went to this ranch in Kamloops, Canada.

I walked into this room with some other tourists to look around. There was a piano and some bed-like thing in there if Iremember correctly. In that room it felt like there were more than just me and 3 or 4 other tourists... the room felt pretty crowded and I felt very nervous all of a sudden. I walked out of the room to look at the Births + Deaths list of the family who owned the ranch, and under one of the deaths, the reason said "unexplained" and then I had the same nervous feeling I felt in the other room.

I felt some presence standing near me, and when I turned around there was nothing there. Being just a little kid I was pretty scared so I asked my mother if we could leave... NOW.
She said we would go on the hayride around the property. I thought that would be ok as long as we were out of the house. Wrong. It went through the cemetary and I felt even more scared and nervous there.

After we left the family friend that came with us said that he felt like someone was watching him out of the top window of the farmhouse... and the top floor isn't accessible to visitors.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Sleep Paralysis
I've had the same problem.. I got really frightened and thought I saw an alien at the foot of my bed walk across my bedroom.. Scary stuff!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join