It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plan to fingerprint all EU visitors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Link

BRUSSELS, Belgium - The European Union's top justice official on Wednesday called for a massive shake-up of the bloc's border security, recommending that all visitors be screened and fingerprinted and a satellite surveillance system be set up to keep illegal migrants out.
EU Justice Commissioner Franco Frattini said EU nations had to use "the most advanced technology to reach the highest level of security" to prevent visitors from overstaying their welcome in Europe and to prevent terrorists from entering. Frattini's proposals, if approved by all 27 EU governments, would represent one of the largest security overhauls in the EU and could cost billions of euros.

What I found so alarming as it would "store 19 pieces of senitve passenger information" such as phone numbers, and email addressess for 13 years!

Is this just another way for them take our freedom under the guise of protecting us from "terrorists"?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
They have been fingerprinting and photographing all foreign nationals visiting Japan since Nov 2007, but that is also ALL they are doing, to my knowledge. What the above article suggests appears to be significantly more complex and intrusive.

I always hate reading an article in which someone claims something will "prevent terrorists from [insert whatever you wish]. Like, what if they want to wait on "becoming terrorists" until they are already in the country? I understand such measures could possibly be set up to deter known terrorists, but, yea, I answer my own question. We are the terrorists, the normal, intelligent, law abiding citizenry of any given country.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This is what the US does already and is the reason why Ill never go there, Im not going to be treated like a criminal when I havent done anything.

Im sure people will think the same with the EU.

Its insane anyway, either the terrorists are already in the EU/US, will be recruited internally or will cross the borders illegally.

They arent just going to land at the nearest airport.

join